1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

New owners - the moral dilemma

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by glazerfodder, Feb 8, 2023.

1. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Love you way you think it's just the same.

The Saudi's bought a non entity and gave them money. Still a non entity.

Qatar (might) buy a sell sustaining football club and get rids of its inflicted debt and improve infrastructure.

In that respect, oil money fine.

And if it upsets the ****ing rainbow crowd, even better.

cytrax, Diego and HRH Custard VC like this.
  2. Dr Van Helsing

Dr Van Helsing Well-Known Member

The mental gymnastics have started... just to be clear it's all fine and anyone complaining about it is really just either jealous or a fake human rights activist.

If you can't beat them join them.

Sportswashing? I heard Radcliffes was green washing today..lol .. tears

3. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

We don't need to sports wash mate, that's the point.

Anyway, all good. <ok>

Diego likes this.
  4. Dr Van Helsing

Well you're getting one that's the truth and you'll find reasons to accept it .

I think it's funny tbh.... Liverpool fans will be on a special high today at St James

5. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

But I think that's not a bad thing. Do we really want money being no object and a squad of two equally great first teams (like City) just walking the league with little if any ups and downs? I like the uncertainty, the competition and the drama that comes with it.

Trust me, if we go down the City route we'll be happy with the initial success but after a while it'll lose its appeal. And before anyone quotes Fergie's reign of long-term dominance, he built and broke and rebuilt squads still with a budget in mind. There were times when he turned down players because the price or the player wasn't right - Ozil being a prime example. Instead what we could have is big name players like Ozil bought to sit on the bench. And Fergie never did that. There was always a reasonable opportunity for other clubs to compete with us, instead of it becoming a choice between two mega-rich clubs like United and City competing based on just buying up all the best players.

I like how Ten Hag is building this team/squad. He's growing something, and part of the excitement is in that. I'd hate for it to be jeopardised.

cytrax likes this.
  6. Dr Van Helsing

You've got to say this now.....I'm desperately looking fwd to Gary Nevilles mental gymnastics... I doubt he'll be outside grounds handing people knives that's for sure.

Of course it might be Radcliffe or another bid a partial ownership bid or just nobody meets the asking price?

7. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Why do I have to say this now? I could quite easily say I don't give a fck.

Which I don't btw. Not in the way you think, but in terms of what happens on the pitch it's a preference.

8. Dr Van Helsing

Happy for the glaziers to stay ?

9. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

No fck that.

But given the choice between prospective purchasers I think I'm still in the Radcliffe camp. Although I can see the benefits of both and either is defo better than those Hills Have Eyes degenerates

Munson. likes this.
  10. Dr Van Helsing

If the Qatari's are in which they certainly are the others are wasting their time..Radcliffe probably just being used to bump up the price.

11. HRH Custard VC

HRH Custard VC National Car Park Attendant

12. glazerfodder

glazerfodder Well-Known Member

If it helps, I cleaned out the car today and discovered €6 lurking
    Just the small matter of the return flights from Menorca every other weekend.

Treble likes this.
  13. glazerfodder

The sad fact is that the Glazers are only looking for one thing from prospective buyers and that is cash, the more the better, in which case the Qatari bid wins, it's as simple as that. They don't care about grand plans for the team, the local area, the stadium or any of it, it's all down to maxing the cash return. What might be the preferred outcome for the fans doesn't enter their heads.

14. HRH Custard VC

It seems the fans want Arab cash

15. glazerfodder

Given our recent history with the Glazers, the slightest suggestion that the Ineos bid will require financing, even in part, from US banks is slightly off putting, especially when the Qatari bid highlights the fact that their acquisition offer will leave the club debt free.

cytrax likes this.
  16. HRH Custard VC

Nice fans have said he promised the earth and delivered nothing.

I feel he is just an English version of the Glazers

17. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

That doesn’t surprise me. Ratcliffe first and foremost a businessman and he wants to make a profit and provide dividends. He’ll buy players who he thinks will provide a good return both football and finance wise. Big difference to the likes of City and Chelsea (Roman era for sure) where they trying to spend MORE rather than less.

18. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

The only thing is, if Raines hadn't asked the Qatari's to put in a bid, the only bid by the deadline yesterday would've been from Ineos. So it seems obvious what's going on here imo and that's to weaken Ratcliffe's hand.

I still don't see the Qatari's being anything other than a makeweight orchestrated by Raines.

19. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

That is exactly the point as Christian also alluded in earlier post. Money absolutely has to be an object. This is why I’m hoping for some real backbone in the financial rules which has largely facilitated wasteful trend of the last decade and doping by City and many others. That sht has to stop otherwise, the future of football itself will be bleak if it continues this way. If financial rules and regulators are doing their job without being bought out, then I would argue that it doesn’t matter who the owner is as clubs will need to abide by rules of competition.

Overall, owning United is not the same as buying PSG or City, and now Newcastle. Those clubs were largely depressed clubs which is nothing like United’s position which is that of strength. United is well and able to win the league again without any injection of money from some unaccountable sources that only care about glamour.

20. glazerfodder

What did the horrible fans have to say.