1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

New owners

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by CafcFactsStats, Jun 10, 2020.

1. CafcFactsStats

CafcFactsStats Well-Known Member

2. CafcFactsStats

3. lardiman

lardiman Keep smiling through
    Forum Moderator

Hoorah! <cracker> New owners.
    I feel better already.

I wonder if it's worth asking the new owners any questions.

4. lardiman

Forum Moderator

10 June New owner 1.png

Copied from the official website.

It might be interesting to check out Companies House soon, to get an idea of what's what.
    I assume Roland still owns the Valley, Sparrows Lane and the land they are both built on.

Tahnoon Nimer also made a statement, but it doesn't say anything worth reading.
    I couldn't be arsed to copy it.
    Good riddance to him and Mouthall.

EDIT:

There is some pretty detailed coverage of recent events on CL, well done aliwibble.
    but the known facts are very thin on the ground.
    Roland is still getting plenty of stick though <ok>

Last edited: Jun 10, 2020
  5. CafcFactsStats

6. deleted.....

deleted..... Well-Known Member

7. Ken Shabby

Ken Shabby Well-Known Member

Yeah. Definitely saying the right things. Sadly, speaking for myself, words are not enough. RD and his mouthpiece Katrien said a lot of good stuff none of which really came true. And I was well and truly shafted by what Mouthall said - I see he is now preparing a super doopa court case.
    We have no choice but to watch this pan out. But for me trust is gone and words have no weight. Let's see how the new boss acts.

lardiman likes this.
  8. lardiman

Forum Moderator

Agreed.

Meire said a lot of positive stuff right at the beginning.
    Southall did the same. Very different characters, but both liars.

Actions only count now. Not easy words.

I wouldn't even put investment in the team at the top of my list of questions.
    Every owner is supposed to provide basic investment.
    I'd like to know who owns the Valley, and what the Club's future relationship with the stadium is going to be.

Ken Shabby likes this.
  9. CafcFactsStats

10. The Elfsborg Sparrow

The Elfsborg Sparrow Well-Known Member

Here we go again.

lardiman likes this.

11. CafcFactsStats

12. lardiman

Forum Moderator

CAFC owes Roland £67 million! :emoticon-0104-surpr

Surely some mistake.
    How often did we hear the Apologists explain that this was "soft debt" and that the Club just owed the money to itself (or some such bulls**t).

What do the Apologists have to say now?
    COME ON APOLOGISTS! Speak up, we can't hear you!!
    Reassure us that everything is still OK in Roly Wonderland.

He's not getting another penny out of me, the mean old Git.

13. lardiman

Forum Moderator

By the way - has the EFL player registration embargo been lifted yet?

After the end of July, teams are presumably going to have about 6 weeks (if they're lucky) to rebuild their squads for season 2020-21.
    Since Charlton will have about 9 senior players left by that point, being able to register new ones will really help.
    If the ban is still in place relegation will be almost certain next season, whether or not we avoid it this year.

An update from the Club or the EFL some time soon would be just peachy.

Ken Shabby likes this.
  14. Chris Douthwaite

Chris Douthwaite New Member

Do you always talk to yourself? You come across on here as a very strange individual who rants and raves to a three man audience. Why don't you take to teh stage on one of the bigger forums where you might have your posts noticed?

The debt is down to around £50m now according to BBC so stop banging on like an out of control raving lunatic. I can only imagine that you must be banned from Charlton Life and Into the Valley to keep on posting on here unless you don't like engaging with people.

15. lardiman

Forum Moderator

I'm not bothered how many or how few people read what I post.
    You obviously read it, even though you claim to find it disagreeable.

For your information I've never been banned from any forum.

I left ITTV because the owner of that forum sometimes uses ambiguous language when it comes to violence, including making threats against individuals he doesn't like. As somebody who strongly believes violence, threats and intimidation have no place in football (or anywhere else) I cannot be a part of that forum.
    Also entire subjects on that forum are banned from being discussed at all. How can you have a Charlton Fans' forum where CARD and the Supporters' Trust are forbidden subjects?

I am an occasional visitor to CL and a very occasional poster there, under the same name I use here - which is the only name I have ever used when posting of fans' forums. I don't mind CL, much of it is interesting to read. But I don't feel inclined to post there often, which is my choice.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2020
  16. lardiman

Forum Moderator

What a relief by the way, that the debt is down to £50 million according to the BBC.
    Makes the world of difference really, doesn't it.

It constantly amazes me how many Charlton fans are not bothered enough by everything that has happened (including this debt) to speak out against it, but are quite happy to slag off any fellow supporter who does say something.
    As if expressing disapproval of years of shocking mismanagement and corruption that has turned CAFC into a basket case like Bolton or Bury is somehow being disloyal.
    • £50 million (or whatever) debt to Baton2010, now under seperate ownership from CAFC.
    • EFL registration embargo.
    • Club no longer owns the Valley.
    Are these things real?
    Or just fake news.
    The rantings of an out-of-control raving lunatic.

17. The Elfsborg Sparrow

If you were to ever be banned for your thoughtful and insightful posts I think forums would end up with zero members.

Butterfield and lardiman like this.
  18. The Elfsborg Sparrow

Just because fans have seen progress on the pitch that has coated over the chaos that continues to reign under Dushitelet.
    He knew what he was doing by agreeing to ESI buying just the club. He's laughing his socks off.

Butterfield and lardiman like this.
  19. lardiman

Forum Moderator

First the guy pimps the Club into some kind of continental European oddity (nodding dog head-coaches, network journeymen, sex in the centre-circle and a sofa on the touchline), then he panics and splurges on high-wage 5 year deals for useless players as his incompetent CEO drags the Club back to the third tier.
    Then we get the 3 year 'for sale' saga, the perfect excuse for leaving senior management positions vacant, avoiding any long term investment and making cuts to all budgets - ultimately leaving Lee Bowyer with the lowest budget and wages in the Championship by a country mile.
    And on top of it all, the separation of CAFC from the Valley and all other assets and land, then the sale of the Club to a couple of crooks for £1.

But mentioning that any of this happened is somehow an unwanted thing to some people.
    They would apparently prefer not to think about it, as though ignoring it will mean eventually we can kid ourselves that it wasn't really that bad at all, or even that it never happened.

Unfortunately for those who view events in this Donald Trump manner (and sadly for the rest of us too), Duchatelet is not "going away".

Butterfield likes this.
  20. Ken Shabby

Ken Shabby Well-Known Member

I'm starting to see this as a bit offensive. It's an open forum, and people get to post what they think, whenever they wish. You may disagree with what gets posted, but you are just digging out Lardi at the moment.
    I don't know the ins and outs, but Duchatalet sold Charlton for a pound to Mouthall/Nimer. If he now expects to be reimbursed for his mistakes during his tenure, that's a problem. If he expects to also be paid 50m for the ground, that is a disaster scenario. But you swerved that to attack another poster. A bit of an odd thing to keep posting about.