1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

New owners

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by CafcFactsStats, Jun 10, 2020.

1. Sat In Greenwich

Sat In Greenwich Well-Known Member

to be fair to royston i think i'd have booed or left early saturday. not because of the players as such, but because of the lack of quality out there - not the players themselves, the coaches or NA's fault - it's TS's. He did promise we'd blow the league out of the water, and although i took it with a huge pinch of salt, i didnt expect us to be in the bottom 4 at all this year. What are we supposed to do? not booo? - how will they know that we find fourth from bottom not acceptable?

All of the off field stuff can be completely right, but if the football is crap and we're not winning, none of that matters. We might have the right mascots, local brew on tap, the big screen fixed, the undersoiled heating turned on, new music, 10% off beer once in a blue moon... but if the football is dire i wouldn't care.

The fans have put a lot of faith in all the promises - 9000+ ST's sold - they look to have been taken for granted.

FormerlyOzAddick and Ubedizzy like this.
  2. The Penguin

The Penguin Well-Known Member

I imagine the previous two games, where we were even worse apparently according to those who were there, had something to do with the mood at the end.

FormerlyOzAddick likes this.
  3. lardiman

lardiman The truth is out there
    Forum Moderator

14 days earlier the covered end was heard to sing "There's only one Thomas Sandgaard"...

Presumably this was the lower North though - not the anti-Sandgaard 'hard core'. Far too cringeworthy for them.

4. FormerlyOzAddick

FormerlyOzAddick Active Member

Local brew on tap ?

Dont get me wrong, i am definitely not for the antics u guys are talking about post game. I for one, naturally, do not boo at any sporting team i follow, it just doesnt sit with me, i have no natural urge to want to.

It is hard being over here in Oz and following Charlton to, as i don't get everything that goes on, and easily miss huge important news/changes.

I dont understand the talk of future debt and not wanting to go that way.. isn't the intention of the new owner to invest ? I genuinely don't know the numbers or level of TS's financial situation.

Can someone explain to me (i know its old news) what and why it wasn't avoided at all costs, why does Dutchalet still have the ground and training ground ? What is there value then and now and chances of him selling.. why weren't they purchased as part of the new takeover ? Sorry for the old questions, might bore sum.

I wish one day i can go to the Valley, best i can do is what i did just a few weeks ago, bought a few items from the online CAFC shop, super high quality items i must say, awesome. Hoodie great for winter here !

5. The Penguin

Douchatelet's valuation of the Valley and training ground was to high for any prospective buyers, believed to be £50m, so Sandgaard bought the club, which has no value, from ESI for £1 I think. He has a 15-year lease of the properties from Douchbag, and has said he'll think about buying them at some point. Sandgaard put in £18m to cover this season, which satisfied the EFL as a fit and proper person, but doesn't satisfy a section of our fanbase. Think I've got the figures right, CAFC F&S will correct me if I haven't.

FormerlyOzAddick and Smudger603 like this.
  6. Smudger603

Smudger603 Well-Known Member

Are you talking about the entitled “hardcore “ massive ( must have immediate success) section of our fan base ?

7. The Penguin

Is that what they call themselves?

8. Ken Shabby

Ken Shabby Well-Known Member

I can sympathise with those who were expecting a much better transfer window - we really look pretty poor after a summer of not much success. But the rabid way some people are jumping on the back of the owner is pure entitlement. They want him to throw out an extra 10m on transfers and wages. Which is fine, I was hoping he'd buy me a new car. But it doesn't mean he wants to throw his money at the club like that. I expect he'd welcome an injection of capital if any of the loudest critics want to put their money where thei collective mouth is, but sadly, the money they want to spend is his, not theirs.
    There has definately been a problem (or a bunch of them) between the now infamous quote about blowing this league away and the current situation of one striker, no left back and a midfield that really isn't fit for purpose. And if he wants to get the club running better, he needs to sit down and address what is going wrong, or accept that running the club like this will lead to a fairly brisque drop in attendances. But yelling abuse online, or abusing the players? That may make some people feel better (and I could understand a few boos after the latest defeat, but not the chant the players recieved as they went to thank the fans) but self entitled is exactly what we are seeing.

The Penguin likes this.
  9. lardiman

Forum Moderator

I've had it with the boo boys.
    Posted earlier that I would stop going if they abuse players again. Changed my mind now. Bo****ks to them.
    I'll go and watch the team, and ignore other fans if necessary. Their abuse really got to me last Saturday, but I'll ignore it from now on - and any other noises they make. I have nothing in common with them anymore.

Smudger603 and Ken Shabby like this.
  10. Smudger603

Just clap the team off Lardy like I do , and ignore the ignorant :emoticon-0148-yes:

Ken Shabby, The Penguin and lardiman like this.

11. The Elfsborg Sparrow

The Elfsborg Sparrow Well-Known Member

<doh>

12. Smudger603

:emoticon-0172-mooni:emoticon-0172-mooni:emoticon-0172-mooni

The Elfsborg Sparrow likes this.
  13. The Penguin

Did you actually clap them off on Saturday?

14. lardiman

Forum Moderator

I didn't clap them off, I just sat there dumbfounded at what I was hearing and seeing.

I did see some fans in the lower North applauding the players who came close to the touchline to applaud them.
    But I heard those players being roundly booed.
    Of course, it was a bit more difficult to tell exactly where that was coming from.
    BB says it was the upper North. I have no reason to dispute that.

If fans in other parts of the ground clap while abusive chants are ringing down from that stand, it might look as though fans are applauding the abuse, not the players.

15. Smudger603

Nope wasn’t there - but it they put the effort in like they were suppose to have done then I would of - going this Saturday :emoticon-0148-yes:

The Penguin and lardiman like this.
  16. FormerlyOzAddick

18 million for Leasing ?

17. FormerlyOzAddick

Whose property will the ground and stadium be when Dutchalet lays in a coffin ? Serious question.

18. FormerlyOzAddick

On a separate note, where on earth are all the Cafc posters who i used to chat with, over the last dozen years on here and the previous site.. ?? Anyone have contact with AllHell ?

19. Smudger603

You’ll find him on Twitter mate :emoticon-0148-yes:

20. Smudger603

Probably a family member that’s seriously pissed off with Charlton after getting home visits from certain fans