1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

New owners

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by CafcFactsStats, Jun 10, 2020.

1. The Elfsborg Sparrow

The Elfsborg Sparrow Well-Known Member

The ITK'rs<laugh><laugh><laugh> know f*** all and will now make claim to 'knowing' of this outcome.
    As for Varney coming in, hmmmm. Total hot air imo.

2. lardiman

lardiman Keep smiling through
    Forum Moderator

(the following rant is not a pop at you TC. Fun and games aside I can see you are one of the good guys - essentially an honest broker - though it took me a while to acknowledge that)

Of course among a fan base of thousands there will be some who have access to inside sources.
    Perhaps long standing contacts with the Club's interests genuinely at heart. Or maybe newcomers on the scene who are playing for their own advantage.
    Unfortunately the latter will happily take advantage of some individuals claiming to be ITK who get a rush from the attention of those who hang on what they say. Who enjoy the power it gives them.

"Not true!" they cry indignantly.
    "We're only passing on what we've been told. We're trying to help". And then remind us of all the trouble they're going to on our behalf.

Yet how often does an ITK person hold their hands up and say "sorry folks, I was completely wrong. Somebody was just using me to spread lies".
    Never. Why? Because they fear such an honest admission would break the spell and their once attentive flock would lose interest. Or worse, be upset that they had been misled.

So when the ITK appear to be right they bask in the admiration of their audience.
    And when they appear to be wrong they deny responsibility, and place blame on the current panto villain - in this case Thomas Sandgaard.
    While the art of course (where some skill is required) is to appear to be right even when the emerging facts don't tally with what you've been saying.

Politicians. Fortune tellers. Holy men. Quacks. Conspiracy theorists.
    All use the same methods.

And eventually, these types erode people's trust in everything they are ever told - even by educators who are genuinely trying to improve their lives and their view of the world around them;
    Teachers. Scientists. Free thinkers.

People are constantly tempted to choose not to work things out for themselves. Not to take possession of their own minds and form their own opinions. Because that's the easy option. They give away responsibility for their own actions to self-appointed gurus and ITK influencers. Then, when their programmed behaviour causes harm to others, they comfort themselves that their hands are clean.
    They were only doing what the ITK (their betters) talked them into. They were only showing loyalty - a trait generally regarded as admirable, but too easily open to being abused.

Thinking for ourselves is sometimes a difficult and confusing process.
    Very rarely does it lead to simple, quick and satisfying answers.
    But we were all given a brain to think with. The most wonderful tool ever for understanding the world. Why are so many of us so willing to give up using it because somebody else claims they know better?

Last edited: Feb 11, 2023
    The Elfsborg Sparrow likes this.
  3. The Elfsborg Sparrow

TC is still a **** though<laugh>

lardiman likes this.
  4. pieguts

pieguts Mentor

Had a look at the other site this morning and tbh it’s an embarrassment. Rather than discuss in a rational way what happens next, it’s page after page of comments, mainly from the Wrexham fan, boasting how his ITK posts were the most reliable and, most importantly, first. <laugh>

5. The Elfsborg Sparrow

No surprises there then.

There'll be a respite whilst he dusts down his stewards hi vis for the football in taffy land.

6. The Elfsborg Sparrow

The ITK'rs know f*** all in the main. They get fed s*** from people who know other people<doh>.
    Being fed info for other people's benefit.
    I sit back and shake my head reading those posts.

Smudger603 and pieguts like this.
  7. The Penguin

The Penguin Well-Known Member

It seems PV has been trying to get a foot in the door for years now. 3 or 4 years ago I earwigged on dear old Ackers explaining to a small group of fans about a consortium he was helping PV get together. Rick knows PV, and is adamant he has been patiently knocking at the door for some time, the problem being Roland. This seems believable, but whether or not he'll get there in the end, as His Bobness said "The answer is blowin in the wind".

8. lardiman

Forum Moderator

It would be no surprise whatsoever if Duchatelet (not Sandgaard) is the one denying Charlton Athletic another chance to start afresh.
    The Landlord is the only one who wields any real power. And he is a mean, vindictive old scrote.

Prides himself on being a progressive business thinker who cares about the people his companies employ <laugh>
    But his abusive stranglehold on our football Club reveals his true spiteful nature.
    A bitter old man who can't come to terms with the biggest mistake he ever made.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2023
  9. Smudger603

Smudger603 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately if I was sitting on a mountain of money and hostile fans turned up on my doorstep poking my relatives etc I think I may also play a little game without losing money ! I never agreed with tactics like that and feared it’d come back and bite us on the bum - he’s a very clever , rich and successful businessman

10. TC (Lovely Geezer)

TC (Lovely Geezer) Well-Known Member

I'm sure the reason RD would not entertain Varney's mob before is that he knew it was Varney's mouthpiece that started up CARD and was the one holding the megaphone during the carpark protest.

11. The Elfsborg Sparrow

Dushitelet is THE problem for us all the whilst he has the land.

Smudger603 likes this.
  12. The Elfsborg Sparrow

Your lot would have got rid of the c**** by :emoticon-0165-muscl, we were too soft.

13. The Elfsborg Sparrow

One of your better posts, keep up the good work.

14. lardiman

Forum Moderator

Non-violent protest was the only course Charlton fans could take.
    I don't think it was reasonable to just expect supporters to roll over and let Duchatelet and Meire do whatever they wanted.
    It was the bare-faced lies about how stooges like Karel Fraeye were appointed that infuriated so many fans.

Being reduced to a feeder Club for Standard Liege is not a fate Millwall fans would accept.
    A Club run like a toy for the entertainment of an old man's muse.

Even so, I could never support those threats and intimidations that were aimed at the Old man or his muse. Behaviour like that drags the name of our Club through the mud, damaging it as much - in a different way - as anything Roland or Katrien ever did.
    Using violence or intimidation (terror tactics) is never justifiable in my view.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2023
    Smudger603 and Ken Shabby like this.
  15. Smudger603

:emoticon-0172-mooni:emoticon-0173-middl

16. The Elfsborg Sparrow

Happy Sunday morning to you as well.

17. The Penguin

The Penguin Well-Known Member

Pure guesswork, you can't read Roland's mind. A bit like "Curbs took us as far as he could and the fans hounded him out" which is a lie which has become the accepted wisdom. I think it's all abahrt money- he wants to get back the money he lost through his own mismanagement. Thomas made a ridiculous deal to buy the assets off him for his valuation, and he's sticking to it.

18. Smudger603

And a happy Sunday morning to you young man , hope the loss of your fiver yesterday isn’t spoiling your mood today :emoticon-0109-kiss:

19. The Elfsborg Sparrow

Hmmmmm

20. TC (Lovely Geezer)

TC (Lovely Geezer) Well-Known Member

Very true