1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours New Players

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, Jan 20, 2015.

1. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Argyle have signed a new striker..........Ryan Brunt 21yrs old 6ft 1in tall......on a 18 month contract.....he is a free agent released by Bristol Rovers.....has been around and played league football for a few clubs.

2. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

3. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Erm......Wow indeed. Not quite what I expected but hey ho lets give him a chance before and criticism. Seems a bit strange though that we would sign a releasee from a Conference club.

4. Greenarmyjoe

Obviously some one at the club must like him we will have to see.. He must be hungry for league action..

5. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Well the other two sites aren't too excited.....about us buying an injury prone ex-conference player......I hope they're proved wrong.....because if they ain't this could be the welsh fireman all over again.........Sheridan has done well this season finding players......he's given Blunt an 18 month contract so he either sees something in him......or he is desperately clutching at straws after not being able to attract a more experienced player who can score goals.

6. AWAY IN BC

AWAY IN BC Well-Known Member

Just back from our Caribbean Cruise so catching with your news..i see we just got the 1 point while I was away..Mmm not too good.
    Nice to watch the loco Kids on St Martins play football and cricket on the beach..
    So from the sunny Caribbean back to a cold Canada and the real world..

7. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Yeh ok BC go on and rub it in why don't you. You didn't get taken by pirates then. Hope you had a great time.

8. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Why hasn't the BBC transfer thread shown our striker purchase today ?

9. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Because it's only league 2 so it's not important. It has been announced on the PAFC site as Argyle sign so I think it is safe to say it really is a done deal.

10. Rich PAFC

Rich PAFC New Member

York and Rovers fans have panned him, so I don't hold much hope.

Will be a bench warmer to make up the numbers to begin with

11. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

History is littered with examples of players who have been pants at clubs and then, without warning or reason, they bloom at one. We've had players like that in the past ourselves which is why I tend to ignore what others say and make an opinion myself but after I've seen them kick a ball in anger. He may well turn out to be pants of course but time will tell.

12. Greenarmyjoe

Yes a bench warmer may be, but we could have had 3 youngsters warming the bench last saturday to make up the numbers, Luton must have thought when they seen only 4 subs we are ok here and it gave them a lift.. Sheridan should have made up the subs from the youth even if he was not to play them.. The blame is with him.. so now we have Bobby Reid back, lets hope we start going again and put the last 5 games behind us and kick on.. We can still make it through the automatic spots.. easily...............

13. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Heard a rumour that Marvin Morgan has gone to Hartlepool.......but can't find any confirmation on any website ?

14. hp_bedoboy

hp_bedoboy Active Member

Not a great loss if true Plym but what's the odds on him scoring on a regular basis. Lol.

15. lyndhurstgreen

lyndhurstgreen Active Member

Apparently Hartlepool want him and we are willing to let him go , but for whatever reason he doesn't seem to want to go on loan. I doubt hartlepool can pay a fee and we dont want to pay his contract up. Looks like it is all about the money and little to do about ability/football. Doubt he will play for us again unless we have lots more injuries.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2015
  16. Greenarmyjoe

He is more interested in selling his fashion items.. they look like his goalscoring ability... c r ap:emoticon-0106-cryin:eek:

17. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Very pleasant to talk to.............when he came to the PASALB Christmas get together 2013..........one green asked if he would have a chat with his son who was at home in bed......he said sure......and spent over five minutes have a good genuine chat with the young lad.....asking him lots of questions and seemed very relaxed talking to the young lad.

18. lyndhurstgreen

I have met him a couple of times and he is a nice guy but it might just be that he might be more successful with his other business ventures than at football....

19. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Sit him on the bench if he wants paying to leave. Can't see why anyone involved in this needs money to change hands. They want him, he wants to go and we want him to go so why not just go. It really should be that simple shouldn't it. If he waits till the end of the season he might find Hartlepool are in the Conference and don't want to pay him much at all. Contract now might keep him in pennies for a while at least.

20. lyndhurstgreen

having seen brunt in action I thought he did okay apart from the comedy moment of kicking the ball into his own face - dont ask. But he ran around and got stuck in- probably should have scored from a header after a corner. Cant see MM getting a look in if he and RR and LA stay fit.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2015