1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours New Players

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, Jan 20, 2015.

1. hp_bedoboy

hp_bedoboy Active Member

Utd. desperate as we are!...but must have been a bit special then. A real shame.

2. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

That's the thing though hp, he was decent but you have to remember he couldn't get into his own club side so definately not special. Very good at league 2 level is not the same thing. He isn't going to get anywhere near the Man U first team and as I understand it has gone there solely to play in their under 21 side.

We could say they have taken our cast offs.........(be a bit cheeky though).

3. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I've just been brousing around the beeb football site and am even more pee'd off than I was before about Kellett. According to a story on there Kellett thought it was a wind up by his boss. According to his Manager Kelllett was on his way down to Plymouth when he called him. So, we were about to sign him back on then or so it would seem. I bleddy hate the prem even more now.

4. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Sheridan has brought in development squad defender Tareiq-Holmes Dennis from Charlton Athletic.....this will take place when the transfer window reopens on Tues Feb10th.

The 19yr old arrives on a youth loan until the end of the season

He was enjoying a successful stint at Oxford this season where he got rave reviews during a 17 game stay.....his deal was extended until the end of the season......but Charlton recalled him last Monday (2nd Feb).

Rather strange that they then loan him out to us and not returning to Oxford........i wonder what Oxford think of that......did they think he would do better at PAFC regarding his future development........a chance that he might play against Wycombe W ....on Tuesday.

Ps...........I see he was born a mile down the road from where I live.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2015
  5. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Like all new arrivals I shall reserve judgement until I've seen him do something in anger. I was a bit surprised to read it on the beeb tele thing however. I wasn't aware he was still looking at the moment. Can't see why they bother closing windows as another seems to open almost immediately.

6. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

We have seen him in anger Sensible, albeit playing for Oxford against us in our (nearly) Boxing Day fixture.

I have a very strong feeling I remember him and thinking that if ever he was available, we should snap him up. I didn't realise at the time that he was a Charlton player and England U19 international! Only thing is that I'm sure he was playing on their right whereas he's described as being left-sided, so maybe I am wrong.

If he is the one I'm thinking of, he's a good addition, very much in the Kellett mould.

7. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

I think that is Sheridans thinking......that this lad could be Kellett mk2........so he'll be snapped up by Man U in the summer.....:emoticon-0148-yes:

8. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Well I haven't seen him kick a ball for us yet and to be honest I don't remember him particularly from the Oxford game. There doesn't seem to be the normal "underwhelmed" posts on pasoti for him so he can't be thought to be that bad. I'll still wait and see.

9. homepark_hobo

homepark_hobo Member

I think it is worth remembering that top strikers are rarely let go during the mid season window. Anyone we sign at this point is likely to be going through a poor patch of form. This could go either way, but Brunt scored against Hartlepool so I'm hopeful.
    With AOC back I hope we can push out of this bad run and get back on track for the playoffs. COYG!

Last edited: Feb 7, 2015
  10. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

There is no eveidence to sugest this lad is going through a bad patch at all HP. He was recalled from Oxford who wanted to keep him. Having been recalled Oxford signed somebody themselves so he has been re loaned out to us. Reviews of him at Oxford have been very good an they, that is the supporters would have liked him back.

11. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

First year professional 19 year old midfielder River Allen has gone to Conference South side Gosport Borough on a months loan.

12. lyndhurstgreen

lyndhurstgreen Active Member

A good move I think; in his few performances for Argyle I have been impressed, so game time (albeit at a lower level) can only be a good thing. One for the future.

13. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Conference side Alfreton Town, managed by Nicky Law have taken Aaron Bentley on a months loan.

14. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Yep saw that too. Any competetive football is good for the youngsters and he wasn't about to appear in our side was he.

15. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I see Lee is back from Birmingham for the duration now. Apart from the 3 match ban he got compliments of our neighbours. Good move and the gangs all here now so no excuses.

16. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Seems he is not available if we reach the play-offs.

17. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I see that Sheridan is talking about a couple more loanee signings he hopes before the weekend. He wants to "strengthen" the team with a bit of pace he thinks we lack right now in midfield. A panic to replace Talbot if he can is what I read into this. Apparently Brent has agreed if he can get them.

18. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Argyle have signed 19 yr old defender Gethin Jones from Everton until the end of the season.

Jones,born in Perth Australia has played for Wales at under17,under19 and under21 levels.....but as yet only subbed once in a cup competition for the first team.

Hard to understand Sheridan's thinking with this one......if he was an attacking mid-fielder or a striker it might make sense......but a defender when we have the best defence in the league is hard to contemplate.

19. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

It seems that Everton have converted him from a mid-fielder to a full back because of his speed ?.......unavailable till after the weekends Wales U21 game.

20. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

This was being rumoured on pasoti a couple of days ago. Knowing Sheridan he will play him in goal so we shouldn't read too much into his current position should we.