1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

New signing

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Rudekid, Mar 10, 2021.

1. Rudekid

Rudekid Well-Known Member

He's probably better than Lewis already

2. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

He’s apparently decent at man marking players. Sticks to them like glue.

3. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

Put him in already, I don't want to watch Jamal flounder anymore.

Munson. likes this.
  4. G4rdToonArmy

G4rdToonArmy Well-Known Member

Feel sorry for J-Lew, he would have benefitted so much from Rafa's defensive coaching, much like Manquillo did. Unfortunately he's stuck with Bruce and regressing. Despite performances this season he looked good going forwards for Norwich last year but still suspect defensively and we've taken away his attacking freedom and just left him to defend with an ever changing back line next to him.

5. Rudekid

I think he's just a **** player... All he can do is run in a straight line

G4rdToonArmy likes this.
  6. G4rdToonArmy

G4rdToonArmy Well-Known Member

Probably a Championship player but with the right coaching he would/should/could have progressed.

7. Rudekid

Compare him to willems and it's incredibly apparent how crap he is.

I think the he's only young debate carries some weight, but he's so bad I don't think that's it personally.

8. Warmir Pouchov

Undoubtedly needs better coaching. Certainly Rafa could have helped him defensively but as an attacking full back, I don't think he could have helped him with the other side - Rafa is 100% defend first. Looking at Jamal though a good grounding off Rafa would have been ideal because he doesn't understand the art of defending.

Its coachable is the good thing. His main problem is he has zero understanding of where he should be at any given time in relation to game situation and the rest of the defenders. So he gets caught out of position all the time. The place to learn regardless of Bruce or Rafa is not in the first team.

To be honest say it quietly, Manquillo has looked even better under Bruce. I really like Javi, he's a solid player.

9. Rudekid

Give me a break... Bruce's hardly played him this season... Now he's sucking his plumbs

10. Warmir Pouchov

He plays him whenever he is fit. He's had injury problems this year and he's been a massive miss. When he has played he has been excellent. He was superb last season under him. Best he's played.

11. Rudekid

That's not true he dropped him for Krafth a few times early in the season..

12. Roland Deschain

Roland Deschain Well-Known Member

He dropped him for ****ing yedlin then sold yedders

Munson. likes this.
  13. Rudekid

He's been trying to drop him all season and I have a feeling it's simply because he's a, rafa signing... He's been keen to get rid of rafas work to remove any credit that could be assigned to his predecessor.

I firmly believe that Bruce got so wrapped up in trying to outdo rafa that he's made dreadful decisions throughout and in the end he's destroyed the club and himself.

1.He was quick to break up the very successful longstaff and Hayden partnership and go with a player rafa wasn't using (jonjo) ...a partnership he's played once and we scored 8 goals in the cup and he never played again.

2. He was quick to remove schar and go with lacelles and Fernandez until he simply had to fall back on fab recently and he was keen to shift on Lejeune despite not having a replacement coming in.

3. With almiron he switched him to the right (the opposite side to rafa) then after he signed his man Fraser he seemed to be doing everything in his power to manage almiron out the side this until injuries forced his hand somewhat and Jones came in.

4. He even tried extremely hard to not relieve Darlow of his duties and play Dubravka because he was something he could turn to and say "look I did that Darlows improved "

I find it amusing that all the bruce vs rafa comparisons stopped as soon as Bruce was doing worse and those comparisons might I add were coming from bruce himself and not just his media friends.

14. Roland Deschain

Roland Deschain Well-Known Member

He really is a ****ing pathetic turd of a man. Ironic that rumours are Ashley won’t get rid in any circumstances.

I mean, £6.5m. I cannot even begin to fathom what the **** goes through Ashley’s or Charnley head. Bring back Lord Westwood.

Munson. likes this.
  15. Rudekid

6.5 million they could have paid rafa... Those ****s let rafa go under accusation tha he was being too greedy when in fact they just wanted a yes man and were sick of rafa trying to make the club successful.

16. Warmir Pouchov

You guys are funny in your desires to get at Bruce.
    1. Manquillo started the first three games. Lets be honest he had a bit of an indfferent start to the season.
    2. He was dropped to the bench for 5 games (coming off the bench in one). Newcastle picked up 7 points from 4 games against Burnley (H), Man U (H) Wolverhampton (A) Everton (H) so Bruce was fully vindicated.
    3. He returned for the next two games against Chelsea (H) and Palace (A)
    4. He then got COVID and was forced to miss 5 games.
    5. He came back and was said to be still suffering. Bruce put him back in for Villa but he had to come off as he was struggling with the after effects.
    6. Back in for Everton and first choice again
    7. Then injured again missing 3 games.
    The guy has missed 8 games through injury, and was basically not truly available for another 3 after COVID. That's 11 games he couldn't actually pick him or would have been doing the lad a disservice to do so. 11 game he has started. We've only played 28 games chaps <laugh><laugh><laugh> Manquillo has just been unlucky with injuries and illness. Bruce classified him "undroppable" the season before also.

I get the desire to get at the ****hawk, but this is just bollocks being blunt.

17. Rudekid

You're wrong he dropped him even uninjured which was your entire argument

18. Rudekid

This seems to be done.

19. mickeybnufc

mickeybnufc Well-Known Member

What is?have I missed sumack

20. Rudekid

We've made a signing