1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

New stadium thread

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by humanbeingincroydon, Apr 16, 2015.

1. "Thanks for that Brian"

"Thanks for that Brian" Well-Known Member

Fresh from the eagle eyed Imperial Aero from SSC...

please log in to view this image

The first pin has been fitted securing one of the cables. It looks like it must be in the North Stand judging by the presence of the crane tower in the picture. Just 50 odd left and it'll be done for tomorrow's launch party at The Sheraton on Park Lane. Good timing, eh?

Anyone got any spare invites?

2. Blue and White

Blue and White Well-Known Member

Looks like they are putting in the tracks in the stadium itself for the roll away bed.

3. maggie blanchflower

maggie blanchflower Well-Known Member

<laugh>

4. bigsmithy9

bigsmithy9 Well-Known Member

I suppose all the big tourist companies will be making the Spurs ground number one on their venues!!!!!?

5. maggie blanchflower

maggie blanchflower Well-Known Member

I agree Smithy, that was oozing nostalgia! The times I purchased tickets from that old ticket office! I remember the programme on tv, 35 years ago & it was great to see again after all this time. Thanks Audrey for bringing it up. I think there was a bit of those girls in all of us of a certain age. I especially remember carting the transistor radio around to hear the various draws. They don't know they're born these days with their smart phones & pcs for instant information on everything. We had to wait for sports report at 5 pm on the wireless or the paper seller coming around the streets Sat. night shouting ' Star, News & Standard' <laugh>. One slight inaccuracy in the film is the fans had to have a qualifying ballot card to purchase a cup final ticket. You couldn't just turn up and buy one. I was lucky, my ballot card came up. I watch in awe the weekly updates of the new ground rising & the comparison between the two grounds are incomparable but I know which one my heart is with! COYS.

6. "Thanks for that Brian"

Never once did I win a ticket in the ballots. In '81 I think that I had every letter in the alphabet, apart from the winning ones. My younger brother won one for the League Cup in '82. I got given a ticket [in the Citeh end somehow] in '81 by a bloke at school [his dad worked for Balfour Beatty doing the New West Stand and he supported 'them'] and paid £10 at a bent gate in '82. I wonder how many people used to get into the old Wembley pre-seating? That first game in 81 was a lot more than 100,000.

I enjoyed the replays in '81 and '82. I lived in Wembley and walked down to the stadium with my brothers at about 6 am on the Sunday. We were first in line and both times, we walked off with a dozen tickets for friends and family while everyone else was there for hours. Happy days.

bigsmithy9 likes this.
  7. perrymanlegend

perrymanlegend Well-Known Member

upload_2018-3-23_20-44-57.png
    Can anyone tell me what is the black item in this image, is it the pitch trays?

8. Spurf

Spurf Thread Mover
    Forum Moderator

It's Levy's collection of Penny Blacks that he is looking to offer Real Madrid for Bale after the builders of the stadium rejected his 'stamp of authority' to stop posing for photographs and get on with the building.

audrey.s.thackeray likes this.
  9. "Thanks for that Brian"

It's the base layers of the NFL pitch. That is made up of numerous different layers that will sit permanently atop the concrete base and about 4 1/2 foot below the grass level of the pitch trays.

About 5 yards either side and running up the middle of the black base layer are the rails. The one issue that only the club and contractors understand, at this point, is what happens with the rails for moving the pitch trays around. they seem to be above the level of the pitch, so must be removable? To my thinking, that wouldn't fit in with the pitches being interchangeable in 30 minutes but who knows?

Via the talented EJG on SSC and the very well informed Glen Wardle, these pics are available. They give a great view of what's going on...

On the first image, if you follow a straight line from the blue cherry picker, you can make out holes for another set of rails.

On pitch trays, 3 more turned up last night and were unloaded in the space between the podium and the storage containers on Park Lane. They were immediately stored under the South Stand. there's about 75 left to go. At a maximum of 3 per night, there's a while for them to get the NFL pitch down.

10. perrymanlegend

Sorry but I have to say it - "Thanks for that Brian" <cheers>
    Great info ,also seeing that everyday something is happening.

11. deedub93

deedub93 Well-Known Member

When are they fitting the retractable Goal Posts so we can reduce the size of the goal if the opposition get a free kick in a dangerous area/penalty?

remembercolinlee likes this.
  12. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

Odds are that's something else UEFA's goalline officials would fail to spot...

13. "Thanks for that Brian"

I forgot to mention that if you look in the top left corner of the first image, beneath the eaves.......there's seats, navy blue seats. There's a lot more visible on this image from the same source...

14. bigsmithy9

bigsmithy9 Well-Known Member

I've still got my ballot cards. Like Brian,all losers! But I did get a ticket for the 1962 final because of my affiliations with Hackney Greyhound Stadium. (Now how did they get tickets for a cup final?)

15. yossarian

yossarian Well-Known Member

I can't help feeling we've missed a trick here. If we took out 1 seat we'd have a capacity of 62,061, meaning 2 of our best ever seasons would be in the capacity.

16. humanbeingincroydon

WHL2 is starting to look a little more Spursy

...not in that context.

17. "Thanks for that Brian"

It looks like the roof reached full height at about 5.30pm this afternoon.

Oh yeah, baby.

On SpursCommunity it's been indicated that Daniel Levy spoke at the launch party about what the stadium will mean for the club going forward and the forthcoming changes to our finances. One of the attendees is a Gooner but is being reported to have said just how far above and beyond the thinking at Arsenal this stadium sits and the advantage that it will give to us.

An accountant on Skyscraper City has estimate that it will raise our income above £400m p.a. next season, just 3 seasons after we first recorded an income above £200m. The club is transforming at an incredibly fast rate. Great times indeed.

Spur of the Moment likes this.
  18. perrymanlegend

Chris Cowlin reports that the new club shop will open in sometime on July

19. humanbeingincroydon

20. "Thanks for that Brian"

This posted today...

"Cables and flying truss successfully lifted at the Tottenham Hotspur Football Club, Northumberland Development Project. Approximately 30 days of post lift tensioning and then the Mosco-Gleeson steel & glass cassette install."

It's been put out already that there's 10 weeks work in putting in the roof cassettes. If everything ticks along nicely, we'll be fine. Why does it feel like this is going to go up to the wire?

I'm sure that it will be done for September, at the latest but it's bound to be tight. It wouldn't be ours if it wasn't.