1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

New strikers needed or we go down

Discussion in 'Shrewsbury' started by greenhousmeadowman, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Zenfootball2

Zenfootball2 Active Member

whilst signing Eisa on a new contract is good news ,considering our lack of fire power sending him out on loan is baffling. i thought he played well in the last reserve game and i was hoping to see him in the first team

Matster likes this.
  2. Matster

Matster Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Yeah, it's a bit odd to send him out on loan again. We need options upfront. Perhaps we're getting someone in?

Zenfootball2 likes this.
  3. Zenfootball2

i hope so if not then this is odd , just to add to the misery gilliead is not playing tonight due to an injury!

4. Zenfootball2

utter horror show defensively against Bradford so add a centre back and right back , i dont see them getting all three if any

5. greenhousmeadowman

greenhousmeadowman Well-Known Member

We are in real trouble after the result tonight - we need a boost from some players coming in before the end ofThursday. Our squad looks absolutely threadbare with injury prone and unfit players (and in some cases unmotivated players), a creaking defence and an attack that seemingly only has one forward in it that can score. If we get injuries to any of our key players we will be completely stuffed. I just cannot see this squad being good enough to survive at present and all the progress that could have been made from the success of last season have been squandered by disastrous managerial appointments. I have a lot of sympathy for Ricketts - he has been given a hospital pass with this squad - but his inexperience at this level means he is at the moment little better than Askey. League 2 here we come!

Zenfootball2 likes this.
  6. Zenfootball2

unfortunately yet again we follow a good performance with a keystone cop defence .i have no idea what we can do but if we dont sign some players we are going to struggle.i still think we should appoint an experienced assistant

7. greenhousmeadowman

Goldbourne coming in was expected and the signing of Williams looks to be a long term punt but lets hope both can add something this season to a shell-shocked defence. Now lets hope for two strikers tomorrow.

Zenfootball2 likes this.
  8. Zenfootball2

i like your optimism

9. Zenfootball2

the transfer window has been active on the last day . did not see stefan payne return( seem,s to have had a terrible time at Bristol , fans dont rate him and our fans had mixed feelings when he left in on loan, let us hope he is fired up and wonts to prove something ( we know he is not a prolific goal scorer) ! so a keeper , left back , centre back and a forward on paper it seems to tick the box

Matster likes this.
  10. Zenfootball2

on the forward from Ferjiri Holloway smith( unproven) payne returning after a torrid time at bristol fitness ? confidence ? and Angol .
    if Angol does not go out on loan he could be fifth choice forward

11. greenhousmeadowman

Angol gone to Lincoln, Payne back and Campbell just confirmed. I am not completely overwhelmed by these signings bu they look better than I suspected would happen so I cant complain too much. Will be interesting to see who gets the nod to play with Fejiri up front if we play two up. Massive game on Saturday (weather permitting) and Ricketts now has many more options. If we put in the effort we did against Wolves we can turn over the form team in the division but who knows which Salop team will turn up.

12. Matster

Forum Moderator

Well that was a busy last day of the transfer window!

The Stoke lad looks promising and will probably get a start on Saturday. I didn't expect Payne back hopefully he gets back into scoring goals. With Docherty sat behind those forwards we might well start some winning momentum.

Talking of Docherty, I'm really glad he didn't get a recall to Glasgow.

13. greenhousmeadowman

Agree, Matster, Also if Whalley is fully fit he can give us some much needed width - I would go to 4-4-2 with Grant and Laurent holding and Whalley and Docherty wide. The defence needs a shake-up but it might be the wrong game to throw Williams into. I would save Norburn for Tuesday night as Grant is out. I would be tempted to start with Payne up front and bring on Campbell as an impact sub. We desperately need a positive result to stop our slide to the bottom but will be up against the surprise package ( and the form team ) of Luton who have some real pace and creativity in midfield.

14. Matster

Forum Moderator

Plus Luton made some big signings this window too.

Zenfootball2 likes this.