1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Newcastle Utd v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Sep 15, 2021.

1. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

Shame are signings are so injury prone. A full side last night would have beaten Newcastle. I will say this though, Forshaw should be retired and Roberts was useless. <ok>

Gessa likes this.
  2. Irishshako

You're right he has moved on, but there are supporters still banging on about Alan Smith.<laugh>

Leedsoflondon likes this.
  3. Gessa

Gessa Well-Known Member

Not sure what it is with our injuries, seem to have more than our fair share. Roberts getting a few people saying it's not his position don't judge him but no matter what position you play, those passes from him were abysmal, wtf was the last one. I really don't like to be too critical of players or the team but it's time now to stop bringing him on, he adds nothing, unfortunately Bielsa sees it differently so it will continue.

Irishshako and FORZA LEEDS like this.
  4. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

I think he's linked play quite well when brought on in midfield, but he was rank yesterday

5. milkyboy

he had a few ok games as dm late last season but he's ultimately a good technical footballer who just can't defend in my opinion. He seems to improve in people's eyes the longer he's out... whilst Firpo thrown to the wolves after a few games. <laugh>

NostradEmus likes this.
  6. NostradEmus

NostradEmus Firpo is Shit

It was a typical Roberts performance last night. To his credit he came on, demanded the ball, took players on, attracted multiple defenders to him but never made the pass or piece of skill to make himself room. No end product.

One player who did create a few chances by bursting forward and picking out cross field balls was a certain Junior Firpo. He was ****e at everything else like but he did make things happen on occasion.

Rodrigo has been slaughtered the last few weeks on here. Last night he was unbelievably good. The dummy for the goal and the weight of pass for Bamfords chance 2nd half were significantly good.

Bamford has been ****e this season but gets a free pass because of his form last season.

Alot of people calling for more youngsters to be used. Summerville came on for a good half hour and looked nervy and played it safe. Costa would have taken more risks and run at his man far more. Someone last night already seems to have written off Summerville off after half an hour.

Basically everyone just chill out a bit. We are creating chances which is the main thing. We will improve defensively when we get players back. One match soon it will all click and we'll put the chances away and hammer some ****er by 4 or 5. It will come.

Strange how quickly things change

7. milkyboy

yup Paddy was very poor agian i thought.

In general we were much better on the ball last night, signs of improvement, though scarily bad defensively... but hey. People seem to forget that we were hanging on for grim death at Newcastle last year, it wasn't the walk in the park some think.

we'll be fine

NostradEmus likes this.
  8. Irishshako

At least Summerville was brought on and looked ok IMO and can only get better if he gets more first team action.<ok>

FORZA LEEDS and Jammy 07 like this.
  9. SIDDAS

SIDDAS Well-Known Member

I wasn't expecting 5-0 I was expecting a win it's a big difference.
    Yes we should of won the game by HT but the question is why didn't we?
    We were awful defensively which I stated.
    I always enjoy watching my team win or lose otherwise I wouldn't go.

Irishshako and Jammy 07 like this.
  10. NostradEmus

NostradEmus Firpo is Shit

He looked a bit nervous but was starting to find his feet by the end. He could be an asset off the bench this season. He'll become more confident the more he plays.

Irishshako likes this.

11. foolee

foolee Well-Known Member

Was out last night so just caught up on the game. I don’t see it as panic stations or anything to worry about tonne honest. We’ve got defensive players to come back and our attackers will start sticking it in the net. We created some good chances, held on to the ball well at times and look an improvement on the last game.

Meslier was good. Dallas had the worst game I’ve seen him have in a while, kept going down really easily which isn’t like him. Ayling and Coops struggled but anyone would against Saint Maximin. Firpo did some good stuff and some bad, should’ve scored. Phillips outstanding. Raphinha got a goal but should’ve scored before half time, took too long. Rodrigo was class, you can see why Bielsa persists with him. I feel Klich is integral in holding the ball, allowing others to join in attacking, missed his composure in the middle last weekend. I thought James looked decent and was trying to make things happen, but a decent ball into the box out of nothing but no one was there to convert and should’ve had a penalty. Bamford was isolated. Subs were pretty woeful, hoping to see more of Summerville on Tuesday, Shacks tried but didn’t do a lot and Roberts pass at the end was shocking. Saying that I do think Roberts does have something in him, he’s confident on the ball and tries to take players on but he just needs to work on his passing, shooting and when/when not to do silly flicks (this goes for Rodrigo and Raphinha too).

Overall should’ve been 3-1 up at half time due to the pen that wasn’t given and the Firpo/Raphinha chances. Can’t blame Bielsa for missed chances like that, shocking. VAR, what’s the point? Doing my head in because that makes it 1 or 2 nil I think? Two very winnable games coming up, let’s get at em.

12. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Lets not forget, Newcastle had 5 out!

bucks_is_leeds and Irishshako like this.
  13. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

Say whatever you like but we need that first win and fast. The longer it goes on the more it gets into the head of the supporters, the players and possibly even Bielsa’s.

NostradEmus likes this.
  14. Irishshako

Even if they had their full side out I still maintain we'd have beaten them. The main reason we drew last night was because we couldn't take our chances.<ok>

Infidel, OLOF and NostradEmus like this.