1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Newcastle vs West Ham

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Dr Van Helsing, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

Darren Peacock’s Ponytail Well-Known Member

Definitely played better against Bournemouth.

2. Ben 10

Ben 10 Well-Known Member

Is that how much he's available for? Worth that like, peanuts these days

3. Dr Van Helsing

Dr Van Helsing Well-Known Member

I disagree he looked sharper.. not saying he lit the place up but people ignore what's made to look easy .

Judge Death likes this.
  4. Dr Van Helsing

8.6 million is nowt... think they paid 20 ish from spuds

5. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

I paid extra attention to him today. And literally was a nothing player.

6. Dr Van Helsing

that was Carroll

7. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

I don't even think Carroll touched the ball

8. Dr Van Helsing

he tried to but failed ... he made 1 pass

Flash likes this.
  9. Dr Van Helsing

joelinton is crap but he's better than Carroll

Carroll just runs around fouling and trying to win free kicks and he never does win them... he shouts at the ref alot that's all he does...

10. Judge Death

Judge Death Well-Known Member

Think he's actually looked better (not difficult admittedly)in this new formation with Gayle up top - thought he got through some decent work today but still gets brushed off the ball far too easily for someone of his size.

Munson. likes this.

11. JulioGeordio90

JulioGeordio90 Well-Known Member

This is a strange one for me. There were large chunks of the game that we were the better team, and played some good football, especially in the first half. We were better against Bournemouth and West Ham but I don't get the doom and gloom (not directed at you).

West Ham were in good form and were well up for it. The game ebbed and flowed and a draw was probably fair enough.

Yes, Watford and Brighton are our best options for points and if we got six more points this season, we'd have 49 (not bad!).

The team look to have gelled a lot and we should all be enjoying it.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2020
    NUFC London likes this.
  12. Dr Van Helsing

he's too slow... his feet aren't fast enough for this league.. he trys so hard, but his brain and his feet are just not fast enough

Judge Death likes this.
  13. JakartaToon

JakartaToon Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Enjoyed watching the game yesterday but frustrating the way we equalised each time, played well for a few more minutes and then took our foot off the gas.

Thought Shelvey was outstanding yesterday - not just the quality of some of his long passes but his closing down and the general effort he put in. Suspect it ruined @Darren Peacock's Ponytail 's day.

Thought Lazaro and Bentaleb were both very tidy on the ball and moved it quickly.

Both Manquillo and Krafth were positionally very poor when defending. Krafth stands off his man too much, while Manquillo seemed to be too easily beaten round the outside. Doesn't help that he is playing on the wrong side and is having to show the attacker on to his weaker side. Unfortunately it also seems to hamper him coming forward so all-in-all a bad day at the office for him.

I don't know why we resigned Carroll - he doesn't seem to be able to get on the ball at all and Gayle is a lazy twat. I am amazed we actually scored two with the attacking options we have.

14. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

Fair result. I thought we generally had the better of the play, but I thought they looked more likely to score. Some good and bad.

Worst I've seen from Lascelles, had an absolute shocker. At fault in both goals, just a really poor day at the office. I've been complimentary about Manquillo of late, but he had a really poor day too. That first goal, he should never have allowed such an easy slide across the box. He's allowed a bad day, and generally he has been solid of late. Kraft on the other side is ****. Yes he had an assist but he is being targeted now, they've seen he's slow, positionally poor and he is a weak link. I want to keep the faith, but I think we've been sold a dud. Fernandez was his usual solid self, he is a cracking defender. No nonsense but with high quality.

Shelvey was fantastic yesterday. Just outstanding all day, lad has had a magnificent season overall when fit. That's 6 in 18 games in the league. Stood out a mile from our lot. I thought Bentaleb was ok. Not as good as Bournemouth but decent. His passing was tidy enough though.

The Hayden debacle, I'd blame Bruce and staff but Hayden clearly told them he was good to go. Second time this season he has done that, first time we conceded. He was clearly ****ed again yesterday, and chose to be selfish again to try run it off. Hurts the team, and then compounds by making injury worse. If I was Bruce I'd go through him like a dose of salts because its a dick move to do it twice. Looked heavy legged from the off and was way off the pace.

I thought Joelinton did ok. Grafted but he still lacks technical ability. ASM was poor and just looked a bit jaded - hardly surprising. Almiron was not at his best either. Bit concerned about him. He was already skinny, but he looks like ****ing golum at the mo and has lost a yard of pace. He has looked better with the ball, more considered. Scored again of course and I'm nitpicking really.

Carroll didn't do much but only got 10mins, thought Bruce should have done that quicker as Joe was flagging from around 60mins. He always needs time to make an impact too. He is half the player who left us though. He has done ok but he is limited now. Gayle did ok but its when it suits him - very frustrating player. His link play was good again, but he has spells where he just seems to think "aye job done". Shame because he can do it. Ritchie didn't offer much either. Lazaro didn't offer much but I like him. Technically very sound.

Overall they deserved their point, and I thought it was a good point for not being anywhere near our best. The football for the goals was again very good. Certainly playing our best football for a good few years in terms of how pleasing on the eye it is and moving the ball