1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Next 6 League Games

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by saintkitch, Aug 17, 2015.

1. saintkitch

saintkitch Well-Known Member

With the season just 2 games old we have not got off to an ideal start but is it really the beginning of the end as some of the media are predicitng.

Personally for me yeah i would of loved to be sitting on 6 points now and on paper they were both winnable games but our available players as it stands right now is a little bit short of where we need to be and defensivley apart from Fonte and Wanyama we are completly different from last season.

I do believe that over the next 6 games we will see a massive improvement and if we can get 1 or 2 players back from injury then we should start to see the results we know we are more than capable of.

So how many points from our next 6 games are we hoping to get?

Watford (A) 2-2 Before the season started i would of wanted 3 points here but as a unit defensively i think a point will be good. 1 point

Norwich (H) 2-1 Would really expect a win in this one, Its going to be tougher than i originally thought it would be. 3 points

West Brom (A) 1-3 They seem to be struggling but you can bet your house that Rickie will score. This is where the season takes an upward turn. 3 points

Man Utd (H) 2-0 This is the game where everything clicks into place the squad is fit and complete and everything just works. 3 points

Swansea (H) 3-1 Its getting easy now Ron has the team enjoying their football, and the free flowing total football has all the media waxxing lyrical. 3 points

Chelsea (A) 0-0 A decent performance but with Jose parking the bus we can't quite get the goal our positive play deserved. 1 point

14 points total gives us 15 point from our first 8 games.

OddRiverOakWizards likes this.
  2. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

Bless you. :)

Joking apart, I think we need to get our points in the expected places like Norwich, Watford and WBA. Anything against United and Chelsea will be a massive bonus...though both have their problems at the moment.

OddRiverOakWizards likes this.
  3. Shepherd's Clearing

Shepherd's Clearing Well-Known Member

I admire your optimism, I wish I had a tenth of that. Even tongue-in-cheek you must feel that's possible.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2015
  4. saintkitch

saintkitch Well-Known Member

I do think we are more than capable of getting those results, obviously to go 6 games unbeaten in this league is going to be tough throw the europa leage in and its nigh on impossible. However its early season and 4 of those 6 on paper you would fancy us to win. As for Utd and Chelsea by the time we play them we should be capable of getting results against them.

5. ......loading......

......loading...... 25 undefeated

Watford (A) 1-0 -- We're going to change it up and put the emphasis back on soidity for this one. Drab draw until Mané lights up the last 5 minutes.
    Norwich (H) 3-0 -- Pumped up team look to make amends for Everton Fiasco.
    West Brom (A) 1-2 -- We're too strong for them.
    Man Utd (H) 1-2 -- Think we'll be the victims of a late heartbreaker - and no I'm not talking about Schneiderlin.
    Swansea (H) 1-1 -- Never easy this one. Exciting score draw.
    Chelsea (A) 4-3 -- Not as exciting as it sounds. They are always 2 up until the last minute. Then we go home talking about THAT goal by Soares.

I know all this is true because of my time machine.

Total points after 8 games: 11

6. Shepherd's Clearing

Shepherd's Clearing Well-Known Member

Absolutely we are capable of getting these results but likewise we are capable of getting very few points from these games.

RK said the team seem to have forgotten it's shape and made too many mistakes.

One would hope that the players watching the video's today and Tuesday and knowing that the performance was below par might buck up and step up for the next two games but there is no guarantee, sometimes teams get into spirals and slumps and one thing about Saints is they do seem to be a confidence side, so a few poor results and we will slump. We can't even come back from 2-0 down ala Stoke.

Thursday's game is going to have a huge bearing on your predictions and I for one do not see a simple 3-0 romp as quite few do.