1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Next Four Games

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by barney rubble's left foot, Feb 4, 2011.

1. barney rubble's left foot

Scunthorpe away
    Preston home
    Ipswich away
    Derby away

After decent results against teams in and around the play offs time to pick up some decent points I reckon. How many do you all think?

2. Jimmy Graham's bald head

Jimmy Graham's bald head Well-Known Member

With the form we're in (and the form they're in) we really should be looking for two wins and two draws as an absolute minimum

3. Tigers 1 Lions 0

Tigers 1 Lions 0 Active Member

Would be very, very happy at continuing with our unbeaten run.
    We're still not quite there as a team with the expectation of winning all these games..... be patient & keep the support going as we are getting close to a top side in this division.

4. StrovolosTiger

StrovolosTiger Well-Known Member

If we are to catch the play-off group of teams we need 10 points from 12. No disrespect to these clubs but if we are play-off material we now need to start winning games rather than drawing.

It will be interesting to see if the manager has the mentality to go for wins.

5. tomahawk taity

2 wins and 2 draws would do me i'm just ejnoying a solid outfit being assembled

6. Lukas

Lukas Member

this

7. jayc89

jayc89 Well-Known Member

I dont think we are ready for the play-offs this season. We need another year of consolidation and then hit the ground running at the start of next season.

Keeping our unbeaten run would be fine with me

8. tiger_rag

tiger_rag Member

agreed. not getting too overly confident but I think an automatic spot next season could be well within reach.

would love to see Gerrard or Koren leading us out at the end of the season holding a trophy with games to spare.

9. pitt_machine

pitt_machine Member

Agreed, I think another season in the championship and getting the team fully together would benefit us more.

10. dazzar86

dazzar86 Well-Known Member

I think it's a case of take whatever comes our way. You can't say it'll be easy to compete for an automatic spot next season when those currently in the top 6-8 (whoever doesn't go up) will look a more interesting prospect to players next season, in comparison to how appealing they looked in the summer. For example (if they don't go up) the likes of Norwich and Leeds will be able to attract a better calibre of player due to their final league position, as those players wouldn't have touched them back in the summer as it was 'pot luck' as to how they'd do, having only just being promoted.

Not to mention the 3 teams coming down will be much better than the 2 we came down with and players will see them as a more attractive option for an imediate return to the Prem.

Looking at the teams at the bottom end of the Prem, next season it might actually be an easier task trying to stay in the Prem, rather than attempting to get automatic promotion.

11. James

James New Member

4 wins.

12. Jaggro

Jaggro Active Member

I think we could get all 12 points but the way we've being drawing this season, a more realistic total is 8. If we want to challenge for the playoffs then we should be beating Scunny and Preston comfortably and getting a 1-goal win over Ipswich, whilst taking full advantage of Derby's poor form.