1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic NFL 2019 season

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by SAFCY, Nov 8, 2019.

1. SAFCY

SAFCY Guest

Mahomes is back on Sunday. Which is handy as Brady had the bye so I would have been playing with no qb, as I wasn’t going to waive or trade those two

2. Flash Gordon

Flash Gordon Well-Known Member

It will obviously to to a QB, but McCaffrey is probably MVP so far this season in my opinion. He's been outstanding.

Gatesy and SAFCY like this.
  3. SAFCY

SAFCY Guest

I got him as fifth pick. I couldn’t believe it.

Gatesy likes this.
  4. Gatesy

Gatesy Well-Known Member

Mahomes is some boy like but I don't tend to go for Brady in the fantasy draft. He's obviously the GOAT but think others outscore him in fantasy. I've got DeShaun Watson and Lamar Jackson. Love Jackson as well and was quite surprised when the Pats didn't take him in the draft when he was still on the board but Xbox (Sony Michel) is a good RB as well and we needed one at the time more than a top QB.

SAFCY likes this.
  5. Gatesy

Gatesy Well-Known Member

I got CMc as well mate. Done a few test drafts before and he was the RB I wanted regardless of what pick I was and he always seemed to go about 5th or 6th pick. Happily I was 4th pick so like of Barkley went and I got the man. He's an absolute beast in fantasy.

SAFCY likes this.
  6. SAFCY

SAFCY Guest

They were gone by my second time around so Brady was available and up to last weekend he has scored above expected every week

Gatesy likes this.
  7. Gatesy

Gatesy Well-Known Member

And he hasn't had the weapons around him to really perform so far so will only get better when Sanu gets more familiar with the system and Harry starts getting games as well.

So glad I managed to go over and see him play. With all the crap in the off-season last year I said to the Mrs that theirs no 2 ways about it, were going to watch him play just in case he does decide he was gonna retire. I never thought he would but I wasn't taking that chance! Haha. I've seen the greatest of all time play :emoticon-0103-cool:

Just a shame Gronk was knackered last year as well because he was awesome too but still managed to see him in action before he did call it a day. Well, for now anyway. I reckon he will be back at some point.

SAFCY likes this.
  8. SAFCY

SAFCY Guest

Great post, thanks for this and I’m jealous as sin .

Gatesy likes this.
  9. Gatesy

Gatesy Well-Known Member

Cheers mate, it was a great experience to be honest and I would love to do it again.

It was either that or a ride in the greatest aircraft to ever grace the skies. Unfortunately the Spitfire has to wait a while longer...

SAFCY likes this.
  10. Sid

Sid Well-Known Member

I watch it, redzone and full matches, and also got half a dozen teams on the go in fantasy leagues. Went to see Ravens v Jaguars at Wembley couple years ago which was great even though the game itself was a blow out with the Ravens getting hammered.

Watched it when it was very first shown on c4 but then drifted away from it before getting back into it when it reappeared back on c4 relatively recently before moving on to BBC.

SAFCY and Gatesy like this.

11. SAFCY

SAFCY Guest

Cheers all. I’m down to 3% on my tab so will speak again re the nfl

Sid and Gatesy like this.
  12. Gatesy

Gatesy Well-Known Member

Ah the Ravens. God damn you Ravens :emoticon-0102-bigsm As much as I was annoyed when you beat us and won it a few years ago, I do think Ray Lewis is an absolute legend and was pleased he won the Super Bowl in his final bow.

13. Sid

Sid Well-Known Member

He was there at the Jags match. Unsurprisingly got a great reaction from their fans as he walked around pitch side.

Gatesy likes this.
  14. Gatesy

Gatesy Well-Known Member

Did he do his dance? Absolute quality that haha.

15. Sid

Sid Well-Known Member

Not sure, if he did I unfortunately missed it.

Gatesy likes this.
  16. LAMackem

LAMackem Well-Known Member

Went to the Chargers v Saints pre season game here in LA. The only other game I have seen was the LA Rams v 49er's at the Coliseum. Don't know Jack Sh*t what goes on but it was great to watch. Some big lads play the game....

SAFCY and Sid like this.
  17. Gatesy

Gatesy Well-Known Member

You've been to see a couple of good teams there mate. Good, but not great :emoticon-0103-cool: <laugh>

LAMackem likes this.
  18. LAMackem

LAMackem Well-Known Member

My kids in their 20’s support the Saints mainly after the damage inflicted there through the hurricane a few years back. The Rams game was when they just moved back to LA. Both teams were bad that day. Bit like watching a Sunderland game right? Lol :)

Gatesy likes this.
  19. Gatesy

Gatesy Well-Known Member

Yeah they weren't the teams they are today mate put it that way. The Rams were before McVay and I think Jeff Fisher was the head coach. Saints are a bit up and down but Drew Brees is a top QB who can get the little extra out of a team.

LAMackem likes this.
  20. Weapon

Weapon New Member

Dolphins follower here, son is seahawks daft, we love redzone.
    We have a daft few quid each week on defensive touchdown double started this season, won nowt yet but seem to get one of the two up early on each week, hopefully this week is the winning week.

Gatesy, SAFCY and LAMackem like this.