1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

No interest in transfer-listed Notts County trio

Discussion in 'Notts County' started by Not606 News Team, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Not606 News Team

Notts County manager Martin Allen has admitted a lack of interest in three of his transfer-listed players is holding up his rebuilding plans.

The Magpies have not yet received any bids for Jon Harley, Liam Chilvers and Ben Burgess. Allen knows he needs to shift the trio before he can bring in new faces, ThisIsNottingham reports.

Ex-Chelsea defender Harley, aged 31, was first-choice left-back for almost all of the last campaign, but Allen has already signed a replacement, Alan Sheehan, on a two-year deal.

All three listed players are under contract until 2012 and could still be part of Allen's plans for next season if buyers cannot be found.

He said: "There has not been any interest and it does have an impact, of course.

"But I want to make it clear that if they come back to us in pre-season they will get a squad number.

" I will not treat them badly or differently and I will not ostracize them.

"There is an old-school way of thinking that if you treat people really badly and make them come in at ridiculous times and train morning, afternoon and night. that they might leave a bit quicker.

"But I'm not that type of manager or person.

"I believe in treating people right. They are still our players and they are good people, not bad. They have not been naughty. In fact, they have been fantastic since I came here.

"But I don't feel they are right to help improve us next season, so I've told them it would be better for them if they could find another club.

"One of them travels two-and-a-half hours in his car every day to and from training and I don't agree with that. I don't think it's right.

"All the players I sign will have to move near to Notts. I won't have players living miles away."

2. cliftonmugpie

cliftonmugpie Member

they are not bad players but the problem is they are not that good either!

earlier in there careers they was very good but time as fallen upon them and they are to slow for the division!