1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

No more wins before February?

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Spanish, Nov 24, 2019.

1. Mike_Holmes1990

Mike_Holmes1990 Well-Known Member

The way around it is make the house of lords an elected chamber. Votes are counted using the same ballot paper but proportional representation is applied.

Far from perfect system but no extra elections and ballot paper doesn't change. Keep an elected accountable MP and make the whole system more democratic in one swoop. Could keep the convention that majority in the commons makes the government. And would only pose a problem for the government getting things through both houses if the winning party didn't also get a majority of votes.

2. stretchyboy

stretchyboy Well-Known Member

The notion of 'more people voted against the Tories so they shouldn't be in power' is absolutely ridiculous.
    More individuals voted FOR the Tories.
    Get over it and stop harping on that brexit will be a disaster. No one knows what will happen, not even the so called experts.
    The labour party are a useless bunch who couldn't organise a pi$$ up in a brewery.
    All they do is throw money at everything, bribing the public with this fantasy notion that they will provide the best and cheapest of everyrhing...
    Its then left to the Tories to clean up their mess and tighten the purse strings..and then get blamed for austerity, when its labour that have fudged it all up.
    Leaving the euro may be a disaster, but at least let's give it a chance.

3. stretchyboy

Oh, btw, the combination of all the teams placed 2nd to 20th won more games than city last year, so they shouldn't have won the premiership

4. Roystonblue

Roystonblue Well-Known Member

Just seen today’s line up & Nsiala starts ahead of Wilson which I really don’t understand. Actually like the look of the rest of the team apart from maybe I would start Donacien over Edwards at right wing back

fieldmarshall likes this.
  5. Spanish

Spanish Well-Known Member

Slight adjustment to thread title!!

6. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

Which January?

7. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

YorkieLancsHampyLondoner Well-Known Member

I’m not sure what’s worse - Town’s form or stretchy’s alternate concept of reality

8. Buckyohare

Buckyohare Well-Known Member

I think PR would be good; I would prefer the odd single issue campaigner (be it an environmentalist or a ‘get rid of foreigners’ type) to get elected then they can be accountable in parliament instead of sitting in the sidelines in their armchair making lots of clever sounding sound bite criticism. Farage makes a living doing this. Once they failed to fund the schools, fix the roads, and deal with all the other issues that affect a day to day constituency people might wonder if electing them again is a smart move.

time now to wait for the sunlit uplands and new golden era to arrive. It’s been promised to us for over 3 years. They’ve won the argument so Time to deliver now. I hope my scepticism proves unfounded. Taking a punt on it all hopefully working out for the best isn’t my idea of a good idea though.

As fir itfc. We need signings. Badly. Were limping along eeking it out. It’s the ME way!

9. Bigalreigned

10. fieldmarshall

fieldmarshall Well-Known Member

Sounds like it B A or he's warning M E that he won't stay if there's no money in the January window ?

11. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

YorkieLancsHampyLondoner Well-Known Member

I suspect they had that conversation just before our form dipped.

12. Roystonblue

Roystonblue Well-Known Member

Georgiou has gone back to Spurs. I’m guessing this is spurs decision as he never got any minutes. Have to admit I’d forgotten we had him - would have started him ahead of Edwards on current form (can’t play any worse)

13. yorkiegit

yorkiegit Active Member

Hi guys
    Been a while, longer recovery time from RTA than expected
    Did we ever doubt just how hard this was going to be to get out of this division

Like a lot of people, I haven't felt confident in our league position It's as if I kept waiting for the bubble to burst, we'll its truly burst now and I believe PL is ready to throw in the towel and I will be gobsmacked if we make the top six

God I hope I'm wrong but I struggle to buy into Paul Lambert

Spanish and Southcoastoldgaffer like this.
  14. Bigalreigned

Yet despite all this doom and gloom we’re still second.If we can only pull our finger out and find a bit of form we’ve still got hope!

itfcptc and Southcoastoldgaffer like this.
  15. Southcoastoldgaffer

Southcoastoldgaffer Well-Known Member

I agree BigAl, just a win, any win can change things. I cant believe my eyes at still clinging on to 2nd spot.

Its the hope that kills!

Lincoln here we come, Lincoln ffs!

Bigalreigned likes this.
  16. itfcptc

itfcptc Well-Known Member

I've never felt 100% confident that Lambert wouldn't just up and leave, as he's been known to do this in previous jobs however it seems he has a bit of a wobble around the transfer windows, perhaps it's a message to ME.

If we get a couple of signings in January and are still in and around the top 2 i think we'll be okay.

Our start to the season hid many flaws and let's be honest I don't recall over the summer any ITFC fans predicting a top 2 finish, most said top 6 would be a good season.

I think we need to give Lambert a bit of slack, this is not an easy situation to manage, the majority of this squad is one he inherited who were terrible last season (and the majority of 2 before), we've had a tonne of injuries, lots of youngsters and whilst we talk about rotation most of these decisions I don't think he's had a lot of choice. I reiterate this squad is not as strong as we think and most managers would find this situation difficult to manage.

I still have hope that we've had a real dip in form yet we're still in the top 2, hopefully we'll strengthen in January get some players back to fitness and then therefore be able to have a bit more consistency in our starting line up.

Southcoastoldgaffer likes this.
  17. Bigalreigned

The Spurs lad being sent back would indicate we're freeing up wages to bring in recruits but I'm also bracing myself to lose one (or possibly two) from Downes,Wolfie and Dozell,with the last name on that list the most dispensable.

18. stretchyboy

There's no way in a million years that either wolfy or downes will be sold in Jan. Can you imagine the riots that would ensue if they did? Dozzell? Meh..whatever.
    As for signings, again, dont hold your breath. Maybe a couple of loans, but that will he it ..LW and RB.

19. Bigalreigned

Like you,Stretchy, I'd be indifferent to losing Dozzell but given that we've been a selling club for as long as I can remember,what makes you think Evans has changed his ways?

20. stretchyboy

Because we have an excellent chance of promotion this season.
    Selling any of our first team squad mid season would be catastrophic for our chances, and for the first time, will be absolute uproar on the terraces