1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

New owner confirmed…

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Hutch-tiger69, May 30, 2016.

1. Edelman

Edelman Well-Known Member

Yeah we seem to be the least capable team of finding that kind of striker!!

2. City Man

City Man Well-Known Member

Shame Robert Koran left us

3. WhittlingStick

WhittlingStick Well-Known Member

Did you deliberately quote only the first part of my sentence ? i said
    " we are bottom of the league with little hope of attracting players to put the club in a position to challenge for the playoffs " and im talking about the NOW , in my opinion the club valued at 40mill should have players at least achieving a challenge for play-offs - its not even a high benchmark for gods sake ,half the league is capable to do this and City had become impotent in just three transfer windows . A manager will struggle to attract the players we need to mount a serious challenge next season - Yes PB managed it , but its unlikely and not worth the large investment risk

4. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

What does our league position have to do with it? I'm not sure who you are expecting to sign, but the type of players we can get that are good would almost certainly come here. In my opinion, the players we've been targeting have been above our pay grade; Norwood was unrealistic, ditto Skalak. The players that did come in weren't crap, either.

Sunderland were just bought for a similar amount and they had just been relegated. Our owners decided not to put any more money in. Notice that when they were investing, the players coming in were of high quality and not at the end of the transfer window.

We shouldn't even be thinking about promotion, not at the moment. Stability under the new owners is key. Some of our fans have become too used to being in the Premier League, what the club needs is to be stable and functioning properly. Everything else can come later.

5. Edelman

You ain't tell me if we where at the top of the league 15 points clear we would be valued at the same price than being 15 points adrift at the bottom !!

6. Steven Toast

We aren't either of those things. And we're talking about buying players, not valuing the club. We're also only in October. If somebody was buying the club in April, it might have an impact. But we aren't cut adrift, Fulham recovered from a similar position a few years back and only just missed out on the playoffs (or maybe made them, I forget).

Rotherham are higher in the league than us at present, it doesn't mean they're valued more than us, there's more to it than that. Us being 12th and us being 24th in October makes no difference whatsoever, especially given how close it is at the bottom.

I don't really give a **** if we do go down to League One, it's done other teams the world of good.

7. Edelman

It still effects the value of the Club..
    Do you think our value would still be the same after they have vamoused with the finalvparachute payments ??

8. Steven Toast

I'm sorry, but I really don't think it does. If we're talking about what kind of deal would be brokered, then it would no doubt involve the Allams getting the final parachute money. That affects the purchase price, the value is something else entirely. What it's worth isn't necessarily what somebody is going to pay. The Allams valued the club at £60m in the not too distant past, they now value it at £46m. What it's actually worth is beyond me, but I'm sure there's some financial article that will tell us in depth.

There are a lot of things that affect the value of a football club, but I highly doubt the league position in October is one of them. We could win against Preston and no longer be bottom. Then win again and be clear of the bottom 3, if results go our way. That isn't going to push the value of the club up by £10m, or even half that.

I think if we were pushing for promotion, genuinely, it would attract more buyers. I don't think it would actually change the value of the club.

9. Edelman

I think it does!!
    Would you pay the same for a Full Hamper than you would for an empty basket ??

10. Steven Toast

But that's not a fair analogy, because you said our league position is changing the value. The league doesn't end next week, there aren't two options. We are far from an empty basket anyway, we're bottom in October, so what? We could finish the season in the play offs technically. I'm sure Ehab has already tried that one.

I think of it like this; if I had a gold watch and wanted to sell it, I wouldn't say "yes, but the price of gold could skyrocket in the next ten years, making this watch worth £20m." You can't place value based on undecided terms. It'd be bonkers. Otherwise the asking price for everything would be insanely high.

11. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

I get what you are saying, but I genuinely think it will have a bearing on value. If you are buying a top 6 side - it’s safe to say the playing assets have more value than the playing assets of a team at the bottom of the table. Given our team haven’t looked anything other than relegation fodder - I’d find it incredibly difficult to value the club at the same price at the bottom of the league compared to if we were top 6.

It’s the same as buying a failing business versus buying a successful one both producing the same products. Values would be significantly different.

dennisboothstash likes this.
  12. GEvans76

GEvans76 Well-Known Member

Hopefully the silence means we are close to being sold.

dennisboothstash likes this.
  13. Edelman

This is my point !!
    I'm not sure he is grasping it .

14. Steven Toast

I understand what you're saying completely, I just don't agree. There's no need to be patronising.

15. Edelman

So how would you value a club that would be sailing towards the Prem as one that looked odds on for League 1 then.????
    That doesn't sound like understanding to me !!
    PS I also don't give a monkeys if they go into league 1.

16. GEvans76

17. Edelman

18. GEvans76

It's only a game chill out.

19. Edelman

I'm perfectly chilled .
    It's been a long time since I allowed the Tigers results effect my mood!!
    It used to ruin my Saturday night when they lost!!

TwoWrights likes this.
  20. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

I don’t see why. After next season we have a limited advantage from having the parachute payments in our 3 year ffp review, the season after that they are irrelevant. There is **** all infrastructure in place around the club, no renowned scouting network, coaching team, top facilities or academy etc.

We’re no different to any other team an investor could choose to throw money at.