1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

New owner confirmed…

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Hutch-tiger69, May 30, 2016.

1. Boothferry2Wembley

Boothferry2Wembley Well-Known Member

The value of the club is based on the scrap value as per operation claw back.

Do you think our value would still be the same after they have vamoused with the finalvparachute payments ??

They would be able to achieve the required target, even through a process of administration if need be, hope this helps.

Obi may just pop alog and help you out here.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
  2. Fez

Fez Well-Known Member

Without a doubt.. Some strange and incredible wisdom.

3. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

Welcome back Fez.

4. GEvans76

GEvans76 Well-Known Member

I know you keep on telling us.

5. Edelman

Edelman Well-Known Member

He can try but if I was looking to purchase a club there is better potential.

6. Edelman

Very good :emoticon-0148-yes:

7. johnbo

johnbo Well-Known Member

All this how much are we worth, what's the squads value, other clubs have there own ground. what debt have we got the majority of us could not give a ----.if someone wants to buy us and is prepared to pay then great that's up to them but all we hope is that they don't worry to much about paying it or putting money in to buy players wanting to compete at the right end of the table. We are supposed to be football fans not businessman supporters we want to talk about football not finanaces, I know it's because we are waiting for something to happen and it's been a long wait but I can't wait for the day we come on here again and we are all talking about how much we have to get behind the team and how much we need a win this Saturday. Anyway I will look again in morning to see if we have been sold but for now it's time to get back to my mate Mr peroni.

Citygirl likes this.
  8. Obadiah

Obadiah Well-Known Member

If we are close to being sold then the parachute payment will go to the new owners not the Allams. The new owners will have the January transfer window to bolster the squad. Survival sees us get £10 to £12 million a season from the TV rights with a squad that has been cut to the bone. I see no reason why we shouldn't survive this season. A bit more investment in January should see us avoid relegation. Depending on the wage bill that could be made from the remaining parachute payment. The club could make substantial losses in the next couple of years under the fair play rules. That may well be the most important consideration for a potential buyer looking to invest in a football club.

If they bought a club with 2 years' losses the amount they could invest is limited by the fair play rules, however rich they are. They may even have to sell players to make a profit to ensure they aren't fined or subject to a transfer embargo.

If City becomes a mid-table championship club it could make £3 or £4 million a year profit. Even more if we develop our academy. That may be worth £30 or £40 million of someone's money.

Alternatively the new owners may just want to own Hull City AFC.

One thing is certain. If the club isn't sold before January the Allams will still be owners come the end of the season. Have they got the ability to get City out of the relegation zone? If they haven't they will be saying goodbye to the best part of £60 million. I'm pretty certain Assem Allam knows what's at stake and I expect us to have new owners come Christmas.

9. Fez

Fez Well-Known Member

It's a short term thing, GLP, but not necessarily permanent; some were correct, its all about being bored with the same old. ..

Larsson proved to be a reasonable Championship player, with some great performances (others sometimes flattered him, sadly). But, as was often commented upon here, he was lacking bite and impact. I gave him credit when he deserved it - and in that sorry team that we had, that was uncomfortably to often.

This season., well...

... the Allam's are winning their game plan; good results would simply mask their intentions, poor results are of no consequence. I agree with much of what Sterling says.

Sometimes, dialogue is not the answer.

10. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

No problems, I was merely concerned we hadn’t seen you for a while. Hopefully the Allam’s tenure will soon be over so everyone can get back to agreeing/disagreeing on footballing matters only.

It’s a circus at the moment.

11. TonyNormansGloves

TonyNormansGloves Well-Known Member

Any sightings of these consortiums recently ?
    It’s seems to have gone a bit quiet

12. Mr Hatem

Mr Hatem Well-Known Member

Agreeing?
    Highly unlikely.

13. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

Ask Chazz!

14. tigercity

tigercity Well-Known Member

I was heartened to see that Papa Allam will be dealing with the sale - I trust he can get things over the line wheras if Junior gets involved, all 3 bidders will give up in exasperation

TonyNormansGloves likes this.
  15. The B&S Fanclub

The B&S Fanclub Well-Known Member

With the UK Government sticking its nose, into Saudi affairs, about some missing journalist then I dare say its just our luck that any potential deal to buy City with Saudi money (assuming there was anything in it in the first place, which I doubt ) will be swiftly kicked into touch.

16. Boothferry2Wembley

Boothferry2Wembley Well-Known Member

When you do decide to have a look at purchasing a club, try and make sure it's not Hull City. Ta

17. Edelman

If I had £10 Billion I still wouldn't but City..
    It's a thankless task

18. DJBlackandamberarmy(No4)

DJBlackandamberarmy(No4) Well-Known Member

IMG_4849.PNG just can't read the word consortium without picturing this <laugh>

Geo10 likes this.
  19. The B&S Fanclub

The B&S Fanclub Well-Known Member

City have no assets...If anyone was stupid enough to buy a business with limited assets for £40m then, frankly, that's there problem.
    Apparently both Man Utd and Newcastle are subject to take over bids from a Saudi prince. I know there are a lot of princes in SA, but maybe he's decided to kick HCAFC into touch...Believe what you want to believe.

Edelman likes this.
  20. fozzies

fozzies Well-Known Member

Take no notice of Julian, he has no interest in Hull City. Not really sure what he's doing on here!!