1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

New owner confirmed…

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Hutch-tiger69, May 30, 2016.

1. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

You’ll have to get out of League One first.

2. RicardoHCAFC

RicardoHCAFC Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

We should be charitable and give some advice on how to do that, our last three seasons at this level have seen us exit the division now. I reckon we help them replicate the first of those three. So it's hire Terry Dolan and Jeff Lee. What's next?

3. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

Does anyone else feel it's ironic that on Hull City twitter feed they have changed the title to HULL (C)ITY. I wonder what they would have done if it was HULL TIGERS? I guess the answer is we would still be in the EPL.....

4. AlRawdah

AlRawdah Well-Known Member

Hull Tige(R)s?

5. The Omega Man

The Omega Man Well-Known Member

I think that maybe you should embrace the fact that we have mostly different people in the office now. Not many were in place during the name change and badge days.

This might be a rash statement, but in my opinion, the relationship between the club and supporters is far more open than ever.

We might have the same owners. but those manning the office are accessible and they are interested in us as supporters.

6. amberman8

amberman8 Well-Known Member

7. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

We've always had good people working at the club, the problem was never down to them (with the possible exception of our last comms person).

Large Elephant, Kempton, PLT and 4 others like this.
  8. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

Is it more that Ehab is letting them get on with it without micromanaging them?

9. Phinius T Bookbinder

Phinius T Bookbinder Well-Known Member

Or Microchipping them..

10. The Omega Man

In my personal experience some people just wanted a career progression and wanted to impress the boss.
    Any power they were given went to their heads and it was difficult to work with them.
    I have to say they had no regard for supporters.

11. dennisboothstash

In my personal experience (more limited than yours though) they weren’t given much power and surprisingly small things had to get signed off by Ehab. Few years ago mind you

12. AlRawdah

AlRawdah Well-Known Member

Yes that's my experience too. Hope it's changed.

My other abiding memory of our previous comms guy was the lengths he would go to to use back channels to garner information about what supporters' groups were doing and saying. It all backfired on him very quickly, but the levels of clumsy subterfuge were remarkable. And I doubt he was a lone wolf when acting like that. Trust - tricky thing for some people that believe they have lots of entitlement.

13. The Omega Man

They made some surprising decisions and the effects were felt right across the supporter base. They touted badly thought thorough ideas and put them forward to be signed off which they always were as far as I could see. They had the power of having Ehabs ear.

14. dennisboothstash

Different experience, and probably with different people, but that's understandable

15. Gone For A Walk

Gone For A Walk Well-Known Member

No sure where the recent-ish debate about what went on with Lichaj and Irvine is, so I'll pop this on here.
    Maybe not the right place, but it might help us get nearer 1000, at which point the Allams have to finally sell and give us new owners. FACT.
    By chance, this popped up when I was following some link to HDM. Article by usually reliable Phil Buckingham. https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/spo...boola&int_medium=display&int_campaign=organic
    Read later down the article, where it states " ..... Herbie Kane, Kevin Stewart, Dan Batty and Jon Toral were all persuaded to sign short-term extension".
    So, they stayed and played that extra month under a short term extension (the 'extra month' thing). Lichaj, Irvine & Kingsley chose not to. Pretty definitive.
    Other than Dan Batty, none of the other 4 that signed a short-term extension had a longer term reason to say .... but they did.
    Lichaj & Irvine deserted their roles as Captain and Vice Captain, and their team mates, in an 'hour of need'.

16. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

It was always clearly the case. Posters just chose to let their hatred of the allams cloud their judgement.

17. The Omega Man

The Irvine interview showed him on a new light for me.
    He has painted a picture that whilst it seems feasible, it doesn’t fit the reality does it.
    Bowen gave us an additional half season and his sale is a significant reason that we now have a team back in the championship as it provided the funding.
    Players all over the country had extended contracts and I doubt that any clubs would have said “if you get injured...” Irvine took his foot of the gas way before January, he hardly committed to a single tackle in loads of games.
    I used to like him as a player, but what a shame. Looking for the next contract rather than getting on with the game he is playing.

18. Geo10

Geo10 Well-Known Member

The way I understand it (and it may have been covered) players who’s contracts end in June actually get another months pay if they haven’t got another contract in place elsewhere. So all the allams asked them was to play them remaining games for the club as they were actually getting paid.
    I’m “Allam out” as much as anyone but if I’ve understood the situation correctly, I’d find it hard to blame them for this.
    At a time when people where losing their jobs, busineeses closing down, I thought irvine, lichaj were poorly advised

19. Large Elephant

Large Elephant Well-Known Member

I’m “Allam out” as much as anyone
    Sorry - but I don't think you are! I am more 'Allam out' than you - so there!

PLT likes this.
  20. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

Well I'm more 'Allam Out' than you are- so there :biggrin: