1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

New owner confirmed…

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Hutch-tiger69, May 30, 2016.

1. lancstiger

lancstiger Active Member

I guess you have never said or done anything wrong! It isn’t healthy to hold on to anger and bitterness long term, let it go.

2. SydneyTiger14

SydneyTiger14 Well-Known Member

I'm enjoying promotion to the Championship immensely, ta.

3. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

If history is worth anything, it's something we should learn from, because making the same mistakes over and over....

4. SydneyTiger14

Is the mistake getting a new owner thinking they'll be better, or trying to make do with what we have?

^^ This is a genuine question by the way, not trying to be smart. One could argue both situations are 'making the same mistakes over'.

Of course perfect world is a brilliant new owner.

5. balkan tiger

balkan tiger Well-Known Member

If you had a girlfriend who was constantly kicking you in the nuts most people would dump her and go find another girl. Of course she could turn out to be even worse but that is unlikely and if so you could dump that one too.

There are some who will be so grateful to have found a girlfriend of any sort and will put up with the pain

6. Kempton

All that matters to me, is that the Allams made heinous crimes against the fans of Hull City.

I'm not one to forget that, Syd.

7. Kempton

Brilliant <laugh>

8. 1MoreAgain

1MoreAgain Well-Known Member

Me.

9. SydneyTiger14

Fair enough to both of those. I look forward to brilliant new owners who can unite the fans.

10. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Strangely enough 40000 Liverpool Man U Chelsea Spurs Man City arsenal fans haven’t given their season passes back

maybe they think our owners are ****s but we will still support our club as it’s ours not theirs.

11. Ric Glasgow

Ric Glasgow Well-Known Member

Will you be returning if and when they've gone?

12. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

At the moment, any new owner would go some way to uniting the fans, whatever they turn out to be like in the long term.

The current owners have no chance of uniting the fans, that's why a change is necessary.

13. Kempton

Oh ****ing right I will and that's not just me, that's the group I used to go with as well.

How many others would feel the same? That they would return once the Allams have gone?

We're not just talking individuals, we're
    talking parties of regular season pass holders.

14. SydneyTiger14

Maybe I am a bit of a hard nosed cynic, but I suspect no matter who the new owners are, some will find reasons not to like them and to stay away, but you're right, the majority would probably at least get behind the new owners until they do something wrong.

15. Kempton

That’s true.

16. Blaknamberblood

Blaknamberblood Well-Known Member

When I think back at the owners we've had since Harold Needler .. its one sh1t storm after another .. Chris Needler, David Lloyd, Buchanan and Hinchcliffe et al. The common theme is that as supporters we longed for new owners, welcomed them in, and they shat on us from the highest point. Be careful what you wish for.

Howdentiger2 and Ric Glasgow like this.
  17. s02699

s02699 Active Member

Me, my old man, my brother in law and his two lads and a couple of mates would all return immediately.

I know that's only 7 of us but your point about group is the important bit. Not many go to football alone and there would be two new passes in our group as my nephews were too you to attend before the Allams drove us away.

I cannot wait for that first home game under new owners.

18. Tickton Tiger.

Tickton Tiger. Well-Known Member

I remember how we all welcomed David LLoyd and Tim Wilby with open arms after the silverware-less Fish and Dol*n years when we finished up at the bottom of Div 4 playing from a 3 sided ground. How we packed the City Hall to welcome our new saviours, and how we all flocked to Mansfield to see our new owner and Ex-England new player manager lead us out, and the disappointment twenty minutes after kick off when we were already two down. Those two certainly 'united the fans'.....against them. Be careful what you wish for. No-one interested in buying this club are showing an interest because they are life long, Hull born, City fans brought up on Bunkers Hill with black and amber blood running through their veins.
    The interest is because money can be made and the interest is because the club is in good shape to do just that.

19. pcworks

pcworks Well-Known Member

Just look at Derby, all set to be sold to the Spanish investor Mr Erik Alonso - couldn't provide proof of funds, dodgy twitter post and now the sale is off. Back to square one for Derby, sometimes the grass isn't always greener...

Tickton Tiger. likes this.
  20. AlRawdah

AlRawdah Well-Known Member

Yes it’s good news that the club is in good financial shape, well done to those involved. If a new set of owners can maintain that probity, bring success to the club and not regularly find it necessary to insult fans with their hare-brained and spiteful revenge-based schemes and statements, that would be a big upgrade on our current owners.

We have had ****e owners in the past. But the notion that we should stick with these ****e owners in case history repeats itself simply doesn’t stand up. If we always thought that way, we would have opposed Adam Pearson, a proper hard-nosed chairman who made tough decisions but never lost sight of why a football club exists.