1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

New owner confirmed…

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Hutch-tiger69, May 30, 2016.

1. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

New stadium
    In thing to do
    Where were they only a few years earlier?

Tickton Tiger. and Howdentiger2 like this.
  2. SydneyTiger14

SydneyTiger14 Well-Known Member

I would imagine going to a shiny new stadium to watch a side splashing money about (relatively speaking) would have been an attractive pursuit at the time regardless of the league.

Just as I suspect if crowds were allowed this season we would have seen a jump in crowds when it was apparent we were going to finish top 2.

Chazz Rheinhold likes this.
  3. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

Short time when things are going well maybe, not long term though

4. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Would you say we’re about down to the hardcore now? so isn’t any who come to the club now are plastics?

5. AlRawdah

AlRawdah Well-Known Member

Calling any supporter a “plastic” is a ****ing insult, who is any of us to make judgements about other people’s choices of when they do and don’t want to attend games?

Omega Man, you are a director of a supporters’ organisation, you aren’t acting like one here.

6. dennisboothstash

Not really
    You’ll get hardcore returning for new owners and whether you agree with their stance (you don’t, I do in principle but couldn’t manage it because I’m weak!) they’ll be genuine long term fans there.
    Plus new fans are new fans, and are to be welcomed, you mostly don’t know their level of plasticity until the point they **** off (PL in Championship out being an obvious example.

7. dennisboothstash

Fair point on plastics
    I suppose it depends what you mean
    I tend to think of it meaning people who will only come when you’re doing well regardless of any other circumstance.
    I’m sure we know those.
    The ‘City til we’re down’ types

Doesn’t apply to actual City fans who go in and out of attendance. I’ve done that myself when I couldn’t for various reasons

8. Geo10

Geo10 Well-Known Member

What are they doing to attract new members/supporters?
    (Genuine question)

PLT and Gone For A Walk like this.
  9. TIGERSCAVE

TIGERSCAVE Well-Known Member

The ownership would go up in my estimation with an offer to schools and their pupils with whom they have no beef whatsoever. I've said this previously and many others have here too... open the UW stand to school children, do a big discount (at cost) on shirts, get the next generation of HCAFC supporters coming through.

10. Geo10

Geo10 Well-Known Member

The issue with that is their parents/grand parents that take them are the ones the allams don’t want there.

Although it makes sense to do it with schools rather than leave the west stand upper closed

11. The Omega Man

The Omega Man Well-Known Member

QUOTE="Geo10, post: 14894662, member: 1013354"]What are they doing to attract new members/supporters?
    (Genuine question)[/QUOTE]
    Winning League One...

Genuine reply.

Ric Glasgow likes this.
  12. Geo10

Geo10 Well-Known Member

Winning League One...

Genuine reply.[/QUOTE]
    Very underwhelming answer, never mind

13. dennisboothstash

Buying poorly fitting jackets and style free footwear?

DMD and AlRawdah like this.
  14. The Omega Man

Very underwhelming answer, never mind[/QUOTE]
    Sorry to be underwhelming, but the biggest factor in increasing attendance is winning games/leagues.

The fact is that the club isn’t doing anything yet to increase membership. It is still waiting for the regulations to be announced.

So please forgive me but underwhelming is about where we are at.

AlRawdah likes this.
  15. Geo10

Geo10 Well-Known Member

Sorry to be underwhelming, but the biggest factor in increasing attendance is winning games/leagues.

The fact is that the club isn’t doing anything yet to increase membership. It is still waiting for the regulations to be announced.

So please forgive me but underwhelming is about where we are at.[/QUOTE]
    Sorry I thought your previous post said they were attracting new supporters. Had they not ****ed about for the last few years they wouldn’t have had to win l1 to try to win new supporters. Had they not driven their original supporters away, then them supporters would have automatically brought their children/grand children to the club and done the recruiting for the Allams.
    Are kids impressed by winning l1 (not in my opinion) what happens if the club doesn’t become competitive in the championship? Them few supporters they’ve attracted lose interest.
    Don’t appologise for been underwhelming, I just hoped someone from the supporters club would have answered my question and backed his claim up better

16. The Omega Man

You failed to read my post properly, made a stupid assumption and then had a snipe when the answer was not what you expected.

Firstly, The club attracts new supporters all of the time and I mean all of the time. Sometimes they lose more than they attract, but every so often, they attract more. For some of the new supporters, this is a long term thing, but more often than not it isn't.

Many clubs go through the same mill as Hull City, the actions of the owners make them an unpopular club to support. I know supporters who stopped going because of the constant negativity in the supporter base. I was once asked if I was Allam Out, when stood at a bar, it was asked in the same way as "Black and White or Red and White?" My reply was that I support Hull City.

This whole business of being anti owner is alien to me.

And once again for the record, I do not hold meetings with the football club or the owners. The OSC does not involve itself in the marketing strategy of the club or owners.

17. Geo10

Geo10 Well-Known Member

Where was the snipe and stupid assumption ?

18. The Omega Man

[QOTE="AlRawdah, post: 14894589, member: 1027312"]Calling any supporter a “plastic” is a ****ing insult, who is any of us to make judgements about other people’s choices of when they do and don’t want to attend games?

Omega Man, you are a director of a supporters’ organisation, you aren’t acting like one here.[/QUOTE]
    upload_2021-5-16_16-30-46.jpeg
    https://thefsa.org.uk/news/plastic-fans/

My post said "The money is in plastic, mate".

19. The Omega Man

I will defend the point although, it isn't the point I was actually making, my last post showed two things, firstly, that empty stands are now filled with cut out plastic pictures of supporters and secondly, that the use of the term appears to be acceptable to the FSA, who I am also a member of.

I have not used the term "Plastic" to describe any supporter in my post. I have not called any supporter a plastic and as far as I know have never implied that in any of my posts. I think you have over reacted.

But I will answer your assumption. I am against football tourism, the sale of tickets to games that are not to genuine supporters, but to visitors from other countries or cities. Sitting in a stand with tourists who do not know that it is Chelsea vs Hull City and they were in the away support, was perhaps one of the worse games that I ever went too. But, some football clubs love to sell tickets to that market. Now if you find the term "Plastic" offensive when used to describe visitors to stadiums, who deprive genuine supporters access to games, fair enough. The money shifted from corporate into tourism in smaller PL clubs.

There is a difference that has to be made, genuine football supporters who live abroad for instance and take a game in. I have nothing against that. It is when a game is part of the tour itinerary that is a problem if genuine supporters then cannot get a ticket.

TwoWrights likes this.
  20. Large Elephant

Large Elephant Well-Known Member

Perhaps you should ask Kempton who used the expression. As I said I was merely quoting him. It may be a bit strong but I still think I know what Kempton meant.
    One of the dictionary definitions is 'utterly odious or wicked'. I realise you appear to admire the Allams but you must realise that many don't and probably wouldn't disagree with the definition as applied to them. I think you will also find they have been called worse things.

Kempton likes this.