1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Norburn

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by Chris-Gashead, Sep 5, 2013.

1. Chris-Gashead

Chris-Gashead Well-Known Member

Would just like to say I thought norburn was superb against the ****. He gets a lot of stick sometimes for his hollywood passing but I thought he kept the midfield ticking over and the game flowing beautifully. Well done to the lad and long may it continue

2. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

this is what i said in the pre/post match thread....

"i thought norburn was excellent in the middle. the ball looked glued to his feet. thought he was our best player."

great minds chris hey?? <ok>

3. Chris-Gashead

Definitely mate. JJOT got the attention and he did indeed have a great game, but for me, norburn was the motm for us

4. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

i thought jjot was at fault for both goals. i may be harsh but he let jet go both times which lead to goals. if it was norburn who did this i bet a lot of people would have slagged him off!

5. Chris-Gashead

I guess so, but he was also responsible for getting us forward well and keeping the ball moving.

6. carry- on- rovers

carry- on- rovers Active Member

I like Norburn and his passing although I would prefer him to sit in front of Lockyear and JJOT linking play Lockyear is defo a junior Capt fantastic in the making.

I thought Billy Crystal was our MOM not because he scored his overall reading of the game was really good during the game especially in the first half when Parkes was given a defensive lesson by Harewood.Crystal is turning out to be a great signing and one of our most consistent players so far this season.

COR

7. Chris-Gashead

He is a good defender, but I hate the way he just lumps the ball forward all the time, Danny Coles esq

8. Sapphire

Sapphire Well-Known Member

Talking of lumping the ball forward. I can't understand why Mildenhall hoicks every ball downfield into the 50 - 50 zone. Not a single roll out all night. Rovers were playing some good controlled football in the second half and I think they could have put more pressure on City if they had been given more possession from the back.

9. Chris-Gashead

He does roll the ball out sometimes... I expect he thought if one of our defenders messes up, they would score from it. They looked dangerous going forward to be fair

10. carry- on- rovers

carry- on- rovers Active Member

Suggest that the City front line was to strong for us to play it from the back although our front line did not hold the ball up well enough in the first half so either way Mildenhall looked as if he would have taken the wrong option so 50/50 was his only way at the time
    COR