1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Norwich City v Derby County 12:30 ko Saturday

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by DUNCAN DONUTS, Sep 28, 2020.

?

Win loss draw

1. Norwich win

53.8%
  2. Draw

7.7%
  3. Derby win

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Reading

38.5%
  1. Bure budgie

Bure budgie Well-Known Member

Well,our policy of selling the Crown Jewels and bringing in cheap players to replace them aint working.
    With Lewis and Godfrey down the road and Aarons,Cantwell and Buendia not far behind,Pukki having a mare of a season,I am really concerned we are entering another Roeder era.
    We have shown nothing since our win over Leicester pre lockdown.2 losses,1draw and 1 lucky win this season.
    Sorry DF,the door is open,thanks and bye bye.

2. Canary Rob

Canary Rob Well-Known Member

Don’t see how dominating a game plus should have won it etc etc equals the manager’s lost it.

But I suppose a fan who wants the manager out will convince himself of anything.

The answer today lies in bad luck and the players. Poor from Pukki, poor from Buendia, pointless from Hernandez, errors from Aarons.

We had all the right ingredients, it just didn’t land right.

We desperately need the transfer window to be over.

3. Bure budgie

Agree with all those points,but the players have obviously lost faith in DF's system,otherwise they would adhere to it.You cannot change a whole team if it aint working,you have to change the system.

4. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

Agree with that, except that we lacked passion and execution after a good start. Had the penalty gone in we would have most likely seen it out for a win but our play instead went flat. We have a run of games now where we should pick up points and that will be the test. Players have to knuckle down and work harder to make that happen. The plus for me was Gibson's debut as he looked solid both defending and moving forward.

5. Bure budgie

Reminds me of the old Morcambe and Wise sketch.
    We played all the right notes but not in the right order.

oldcanariesfan and RiverEndRick like this.
  6. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

The Canaries - who face a battle to hang on to Aarons, Cantwell and Emi Buendia this transfer window after also agreeing to let defender Ben Godfrey leave for £25m to Everton - have now failed to score in 14 of their past 18 league matches.

7. carrowcanario

carrowcanario Well-Known Member

Maybe

lots of players are unsettled by all the transfer rumours

new players are taking a little while to settle in

some players think they're too good for the championship

But I guess you are just upset because we didn't win the game so what happened in the game

Derby set up totally different to how they have played in their last games. They scored from a top quality free kick from a previously world class player, which was conceded because we pushed to win the game. Down to their coaching staff including Roonie.

We dominated possession, however our so called creative player who would have been our saviour last week if DF had played him, didn't have the ability on the field that most people think he has when he doesn't play. Down to Buendia not DF

Pukki a penalty having slipped in run up. Down to Pukki not DF

Their GK made 2 top quality (World Class) saves. Down to their GK who was MOM, not DF

So what did DF do

Created the tactics that allowed us to dominate the game, whilst keeping us defensively strong in open play.

played Buendia to try and give us some creativity to breakdown a very stubborn defense, something most fans wanted him to do, particularly the ones are moaning the most now. A mistake ?

Playing Pukki, designating him as our penalty taker and allowing him to play in moulded boots rather than studs. A mistake ?

Made changes to chase the game and try and get 3 points allowing us to be more open. A mistake ?

I'm not saying if I was DF I wouldn't do things different and that he doesn't make mistakes, but really some people need to get a grip.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2020
    RiverEndRick likes this.
  8. Bure budgie

quod erat demonstrandum

9. carrowcanario

Yeah it is, At least we'll still have a club in the post Covid world, many won't.

10. DUNCAN DONUTS

DUNCAN DONUTS SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR

Since we started no fans football Carrow Road has been Death Valley for atmosphere goals (for us) and points.

11. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

12. Bure budgie

But I don't want to watch Div 1 football again.

13. carrowcanario

What's the evidence that they've lost faith in the system. From what I saw of the game they stuck with the system until DF changed it.

Who says the system isn't working. Last 3 years, 1 in the PL 2 in the championship, pretty good for a Norwich team.

14. RiverEndRick

(Referring to the 365 days etc.).

15. carrowcanario

4 games in and you've decided we'll be in division 1 next season. With foresight like that you must be a very rich man from your successful betting career. Seem to remember we were in a similar position at this point in the season we got promoted.

16. RiverEndRick

Always depressing after a loss, but not the time to make a major change.

17. CitySlicker2010

CitySlicker2010 Well-Known Member

As usual we get excuses for another poor display. You have to win matches if you want to stay in this league.

Bure budgie likes this.
  18. GozoCanary

GozoCanary Well-Known Member

If you want to play something like Farkeball, you need someone like Leitner, who controls the entire pace of the game from midfield. Not necessarily Leitner himself, since Farke seems to have fallen out with him (as he seems to have fallen out with half of the squad), but a player of his type. You also need a creative player like Vrançic just ahead of him, to thread through passes to a player like Pukki who thrives on intelligent runs.

Instead we have a bastard halfway house with wingers pinging over crosses to a player who can't head the ball.

Farke is a great youth coach, but I fear he's not a very good manager, either in terms of man-management skills or in terms of tactical nous.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2020
  19. carrowcanario

Agh right I get it last week all we need was to have played Buendia to win, now it's because we need someone like Leitner.

Who says he's fallen out with half the squad, absolutely no evidence to support this. I like many was disappointed when Cameron Jerome got moved on. Everyone said prior to this happening that he'd fallen out with DF, interestingly after he left he was very complimentary of DF. Can't remember anyone who has been moved on by DF criticising his coaching or management skills.

As he doesn't coach any youths don't know how you can say he's great youth coach, what I have seen is he judges players on what they do in the here in now and not on what they have done in the past, which is why he's given so many young players a chance they wouldn't get under other managers. Having said that I'm starting to think Pukki is may an exception.

20. DUNCAN DONUTS

DUNCAN DONUTS SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR

Nelson Oliviera ? <whistle>