1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Norwich v Chelsea

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by ThaiCanary, Mar 1, 2016.

1. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

Well, I'd like to see him back playing again. OK, he wan't playing particularly well yesterday, but he's normally an excellent shield for the defence.

Just seen the Daily Mail player ratings and feel they are generally a bit harsh - Ruddy 5; Martin 5, Bennett 5 (Mbokani 60, 6), Klose 5; Pinto 5, Hoolahan 6, Tettey 4 (O’Neil 36, 6), Howson 6, Brady 6; Redmond 7, Jerome 4

Mine would be - Ruddy 6; Martin 5, Bennett 6 (Mbokani 60, 6), Klose 5; Pinto 5, Hoolahan 7, Tettey 4 (O’Neil 36, 6), Howson 6, Brady 6; Redmond 7, Jerome 5

Interesting - Lee Mason only gets a 5!!! <doh>

Last edited: Mar 2, 2016
    Walsh.i.am likes this.
  2. ThaiCanary

ThaiCanary Well-Known Member

Agree that Wes was probably out stand-out player on the night but it is easier to say Redders got the higher rating as he scored (according to the DM). Makes you wonder if they did actually see much of the game, or just the 2nd half.

3. yarco canary

yarco canary Well-Known Member

Or watched it on Sky

4. oldcanariesfan

oldcanariesfan Well-Known Member

I thought Wes was our best player on the night - Redmond close behind. Redmond appears to be hitting a little bit of form - we could do with him really kicking ass for the run-in.

JM Fan likes this.
  5. Forgot_My_Lines

Forgot_My_Lines Well-Known Member

Find it really hard to talk about Norwich and the team the past couple of months. I just feel total despair. I can't really think of anything to say that I haven't said a million times over the past 2 seasons. All the problems, are all the same we ever had the same I always bring up and am sick of saying it, all the way back to When CH was in charge. Nothing has been addressed or moved forward, and it's so depressing.

Find it hard to even want to talk about this team at the moment. I didn't look at the game whatsoever last night, until it was over to check the score. Thought that would hurt a bit less. It still felt like a kick in the scrote! Especially reading the reports and seeing the stats and seeing we had 2 shots on target all game again, at home.

:emoticon-0108-speec

6. General Melchett

General Melchett Well-Known Member

These journos don't even watch the game. The one from the sun left it as Norwich strongly claimed for offside, they couldn't even be bothered to check and confirm that infact he was very clearly offside.
    Redmonds agent has probably given him a rocket saying "when you get relegated you'll only be courted by West Bromwich Albion" NR "Who are they?" Agent "Next seasons relagation favourites!" NR "Best pull my socks up then"

It's that or the change in formation is helping get more out of him.

Bah!

7. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

Ditto the Daily Mail.

8. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

No surprise there then! ;)

JM Fan likes this.
  9. ilovedelia

ilovedelia Well-Known Member

That's a pretty ****ty thing to say, of course I'm not happy that he's Badly injured, but it doesn't change my opinion.

10. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Apologies, no offence intended, but your comment suggested that seeing him limp / hobble off was beneficial for the team. He may well have had a poor first half (I didn't watch) but he fulfills a role that others struggle to deal with effectively - think back to how we struggled during his recent two match ban.

11. ilovedelia

I was there and he was awful. I wasn't glad he went off injured, just glad he went off.

Walsh.i.am likes this.
  12. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

Fair comment Cromer, but we regrouped and I thought played quite well after he was injured. O'Neill had one of his better games for us IMO and Chelsea only had 2 shots on target (yes OK, they both resulted in a goal), but if I was a Chelsea fan, I would have expected more!!!!

13. ilovedelia

I thought Chelsea looked decidedly average! Another game we should have won if we had started when they did, and the officials had their glasses on.
    By the way, who scored our goal????? :emoticon-0136-giggl:emoticon-0136-giggl:emoticon-0136-giggl

JM Fan likes this.
  14. Hairy Mary Quite Canary

Hairy Mary Quite Canary Well-Known Member

I'm thinking we've found our level at the moment. Frustrating though it is, I think our position in the league and some of our performances reflect the ability of our squad. We've enjoyed some really positive seasons where we batted (IMO) above our grade finishing 11th / 12th in the league but this season, things appear to be hitting the numbers. Taking my yellow tinted glasses off I imagine a high percentage of neutrals would have tipped us for somewhere between 17th-20th this season. Doesn't make the past few weeks' performances any easier to swallow I know.

A poster on Twatter summed it up for me...

please log in to view this image

Last edited: Mar 3, 2016
    Forgot_My_Lines likes this.
  15. Forgot_My_Lines

Forgot_My_Lines Well-Known Member

It's so frustrating. Sunderland are so catchable! It's just the Big Sam factor that we needed. Sunderland are a terrible side, but Sam has them fighting. If we get relegated by them, it's a real disgrace, because it would mean we not only had no quality anywhere, but no fight either.