1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Norwich v Newcastle - Match Day Thread

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Beardsley's Stylist, Mar 29, 2016.

?

What will the result be?

1. Newcastle win

34.1%
  2. Draw

19.5%
  3. Norwich Win

46.3%
  1. General Lee Speaking

General Lee Speaking Well-Known Member

Can anyone explain why for Norwich's first goal we were defending the free kick, which was 25 yards out, from the 18 yard line and running back to our own goal? I've always been of the belief that if you turn a defence and get them running back toward their own goal it makes it much harder for them to defend. So why were we making it easy for Norwich?

For their second goal, someone turned their back on the shot. I think it was Townsend. Disgraceful.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
  2. Captainchaos.

Captainchaos. Well-Known Member

Because we are **** it really is that simple, however blaming players and persecuting them wont help

3. RobEllious

RobEllious Well-Known Member

I'll admit I was glad we got a new rb, wunta minded him as back up tho. Defensively he was on point but was another one with a predeliction for running down the wing and producing a truly ****e cross. Mad that I can't remember wen we last had 2 rb's

4. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

You should beat Palace and Villa, but where your other points will come from, is anyones guess.............<ok>

5. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Here to serve all your counselling needs.
    Forum Moderator

Swansea?

Toon_Man_Sam1 likes this.
  6. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

7. Prince Isak (GG)

Prince Isak (GG) Well-Known Member

Defensively he was on point and that is the thing we have missed since we got rid of him and to a lesser extent santon. Leicester are top of the league because they can defend. We can't defend for ****. Janmaat looks good going forward but actually rarely produces a good cross or shot on target. His defending is a piss take thus he contributes little to nothing. At least Simpson could actually defend.

8. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

I said at the time people had ideas above their station. The vast majority couldn't wait for Simpson to go - it was comical. Personally I think there were way too many getting carried away. Which is not a bad thing in football to be fair, why else support a club unless you are going to be completely blind and ridiculously enthusiastic? Nothing wrong with positivity but you have to accept when you abandon players like Simpson or Raylor or Santon or Nolan or Barton, lose that commitment, there is a price to pay at some stage if you get it wrong. Its no good pissing and moaning when its time to pay the piper.

The Janmaat's and Debuchy's look great in marauding Arsenal, Man U etc teams who have the ball all the time. We are Newcastle and since 2005 we've been ****e. The likes of Raylor and Simpson were not very popular but to me they did their primary job (defending) fairly well. We don't have enough possession or class of player since 2005 to afford to have these fancy dans. Even Santon got exposed a fair bit, at least being italian he had some idea on the art of defending. And at least he loved the club and wanted to be here through thick and thin. The bottom line is the best our defence looked was with limited players like Simpson, Raylor and Saylor/Willo doing a load of ugly stuff while Colo was at his peak.

The other thing is a lot of it comes back to understanding how to build a team and knit together. This is where Carr has failed Newcastle in part, but in reality it is that disconnect we put in place between Carr, MD and Manager that is where the main problem lay. When the manager is trying to build his team he'll have an idea of how he wants to play. Certain types of players will fit that and its why Rafa has been so insistent on how it will work were he to stay. We did it for money of course, but the primary objective should always be football. We are proof of what happens when 1. You spend years chasing money 2. When you have money you give it to an utterly clueless baffoon

9. LiamO

LiamO Well-Known Member

But it is their fault. Persecuting them has negative effects I admit, but they have to take the blame. Half of the ****ers play for their National teams on a regular basis, and play ok. So why won`t or can`t they do it for us? Because most of them can`t be arsed to put a shift in, thats why! ****S.!

10. Captainchaos.

Captainchaos. Well-Known Member

Its not effort they want to win it's simply not a good side

11. RobEllious

RobEllious Well-Known Member

Got another goalline clearance for Leicester. Honestly how many times did he do this for us, I'd rather have had that than janmaat stranded in the opposition half whenever we lose the ball