1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Norwich vs Barnsley - Sat. Jan 2nd, 15.00 hrs.

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by Walsh.i.am, Dec 30, 2020.

?

And the winner is......

1. Norwich

10 vote(s)
    90.9%
  2. Barnsley

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Honours even

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  1. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

That's true, but remember that many of those players were new back then and have bedded by now. It would be great to progress in the cup, but the league is far more important now.

2. CitySlicker2010

CitySlicker2010 Well-Known Member

Cantwell looked out of sorts in the Barnsley game. Miss kick, skied one over the bar and spent some time on his backside easily muscled of the ball. Don’t think there will be suitors coming for him this window.

3. RiverEndRick

Cantwell was rated at 7.5 on WhoScored, as were the rest of the midfield, only topped by Gibson(7.8), Sørensen(7.6) and MotM Buendia(8.8). Todd did fall over several times, but he also made some mazy dribbles past two or three defenders. His tracking back to help out Sørensen was also much better than in recent games.

4. RiverEndRick

I remember the great ice hockey player, Wayne Gretzky, saying "I don't go to where the puck is, I go to where it's going to be". Emi and Teemu share that ability with the ball, but they need passers like McLean, Stieperman, Cantwell and Dowell as well as the long ball passing of Sørensen and Gibson as well. This is an area we've improved dramatically since leaving the PL.

5. robbieBB

robbieBB Well-Known Member

Michael Bailey's "Verdict" on the game. Complimentary about Barnsley, to the point of wondering whether Ismael might not be a good replacement for DF in two years time .....

6. Canary Spring

Canary Spring Well-Known Member

My post was meant to praise both players. Kenny's anticipation of where to put the ball was on a par with Emi's vision.

7. RiverEndRick

McLean on Buendia:

“I’m not really surprised by the finish to be honest. He’s got that quality in abundance. He makes your mind up when you’ve got the ball, always demanding of it. The runs he makes are with intensity and purpose, he wants the ball. He’s taken his game to a new level and for us it’s excellent. It’s the run that usually makes the pass and with Emi it always is. You always see he’s a chirpy little guy and he’s the same for us. To have him in the place he’s in right now with his performances is excellent and there’s only going to be more to come from him."

We can only look forward to that as long as DF and SW hold their nerve through the window.

https://www.canaries.co.uk/News/202...-was-a-performance-deserving-of-three-points/