1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Norwich vs Blackburn

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by RiverEndRick, Jan 7, 2023.

1. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

Blackburn are a team of giants but Hugill got a good header that had to be tipped over as did Hanley I think.

2. GozoCanary

GozoCanary Well-Known Member

Positives: I thought Dimi was very good until he tired and that was the best Sara has played for us so far. Max looked like he felt able to attack more. Much more aggressive in the press. Far more energy than under Smith.

Negatives: Hanley obviously had a total mare from start to finish. I think we can say goodbye to Sinani and Hugill - they simply aren't good enough. Pukki still not firing.

Wagner has a huge job on his hands.

Canary Rob likes this.
  3. DUNCAN DONUTS

DUNCAN DONUTS SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR

I would be tempted to drop Pukki and use him as a sub .

I would also be tempted to jump the shark and partner Tomkinson and Omobamidele.

Look to build a new look team without Gibson, McLean, Handley, Pukki , Hernandez.

If the team look the same under 3 mangers we might have to start scrutinising the players more .

We have an academy that we're too frightened to blood players in the Premier league with so this season we could do worse than utilise it.

4. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

It's no good pretending we can just replace players at will - this is the squad for the rest of the season unless we can squeeze some cash for a bargain player Wagner knows from Germany. This is a far better squad than Farke had when he came. Smith seems to have done little to improve players and changing formations didn't help either. Let's see what Wagner can do to get the players playing his way. That won't happen overnight but a win at Preston would be boost morale and even a draw would help.

DUNCAN DONUTS likes this.
  5. DUNCAN DONUTS

I concur <ok>

2 days is not enough time for Wagner to assess the squad and see where he needs to change.

I get the impression that a few of our players have become too comfortable, undropable even , Max Handley, Kenny & Pukki are selected on past heroics and reputation rather than performances, slightly harsh on the Captain who has had some great games but not many captains that lead their team to relegation keep the armband.
    They all need a rocket up their arse and should know their spot is a privilege not a given.

We need an injection of new blood and positivity .

We have become stale and predictable

6. Canary Rob

Canary Rob Well-Known Member

The players haven’t become bad overnight.

People overlook how important confidence is. Look at Liverpool. We need a bit of luck, build some confidence with good results, and you will see these players are no worse than they ever were.

RiverEndRick likes this.
  7. Rowdy

Rowdy Active Member

Was going to say the same. Yes, I feel we need to get shot of a few (Dowell, Hugill, Sinani, Gibson etc) and any replacements would be great. However, in general, we played well tonight and another day, with more confidence, we would have hit 4/5 past them. There were some reasonable chances. Wagner's biggest job is getting them playing like they did tonight, all the time. If they do that, the goals will come, along with confidence. If we can get a couple of bargains in the window, smashing.

ncgandy and Canary Rob like this.
  8. Canary Rob

Canary Rob Well-Known Member

Incidentally Aarons after the match has said that we’ve already played previously how Wagner wants us to play now, so he doesn’t think it will take so long to embed the new style (I am paraphrasing).

That’s pretty telling that we are reverting to a more Farke-like mantra. That makes much more sense with the squad we have.

zogean_king likes this.
  9. DUNCAN DONUTS

I had the impression that we could of had 40 corners and 10 minutes injury time and they wouldn't score.

Bereft of threat

CitySlicker2010 likes this.
  10. SuffolkCanary

SuffolkCanary Well-Known Member

I’ve done a bit of a 180 on Kenny recently, yes he isn’t the best midfielder in the world but he has been pretty good in recent games, I think he is getting more used to the more defensive role and picking the ball up off the defence.
    I’d like to see Springett given some game time instead of Onel. Springett looked ok in the PL and I’m suprised that DS didn’t try him, I know he head injured at the start of the season.

11. fieldmarshall

fieldmarshall Well-Known Member

Surely this is the time your new manager finds out exactly what hes got to work with and makes the changes he thinks necessary in the Summer ? Every Club has players who have been living on their past reputations which mean nothing to a new broom.