1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Norwood v Cisse

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by Cottager58, Sep 20, 2017.

1. Cottager58

Cottager58 Well-Known Member

In an interview with the local paper today the Gaffer has settled our little debate about who Norwood and Cisse are cover for, Captain. He said, "Their natural position can be the position where I use Kevin McDonald and in this moment they need to adapt themselves for a different role in the team."

Jokanovic went on to say that he's happy with the way Norwood is adapting to a new position. However, for a number of reasons, Cisse is a way off.

Link to the full article and the Gaffer's more detailed explanations:

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/spor...ews/more-come-fulhams-oliver-norwood-13646957

A tad disquieting though is this means we didn't sign anyone in the summer as direct cover for Cairney or Johansen.

Captain Morgan likes this.
  2. Super Brian McBride

Super Brian McBride Well-Known Member

After the Boro game Jokanovic has come out with this quote.
    “People say where is plan B, C and D but I don’t believe these are better than plan A and in this moment we are going to try and follow in this style."

Which kinda backs my observations that he doesn't seem to change tactics either with substitutions or look at the strengths and weaknesses of other teams.

Not having a backup for Cairney either in the youngsters (LVC & Adeniran both let go) or players that have been brought in must effect his style, but as he won't change his style, then the onus is on him to coach players to adapt.