1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Not 606

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by CyprusMackem, Jan 28, 2011.

1. CyprusMackem

CyprusMackem Active Member

How is everyone finding our new home? Personally I prefer not 606 to the beeb's version.

I was just checking who's made the leap so far. It seems along with us Blackcats only our mates from over the river have come on board in force.
    Arsenal and Man U have made a start, the rest however seem reluctant thus far. Obviously this may change as 606 winds down to it's ultimate sad demise.
    I'd just like to congratulate Mick and his team for creating what I consider to be the best Football forum that I have personally come across.
    Well done Mick. <cheers>

2. Steven Royston O'Neill

Steven Royston O'Neill Well-Known Member

Here, Here Cyprus. When you consider the time we have been over here I think we are doing great. The way the site is set up is first class and TBH its down to us, we can kill or cure. I wnt the Sunderland forum to thrive and hope we dont get anyone spoiling it, dont think we will.

3. CyprusMackem

Mate. If anyone tries to ruin our site I trust you will use your powers to kick butt.

4. Mod Face

Mod Face Well-Known Member

Am I to assume the Newcastle/Sunderland WUM war is to continue as normal?

5. Cyprus

There's probably a lot of sites out there that offer good stuff, I recommended this site to Syd as after the bbc closedown stuff, it was far the best site that I found.

6. Makemstine Roger

Makemstine Roger Well-Known Member

Hey Syd thats fighting talk, i hope its the Skunks who wum that you mean

7. Mick

Mick Probably won't answer PMs
    Staff Member

Sounds corney but it's the people that make a forum <ok>

I'm putting effort into kicking on some ideas to give it a bit more attraction to others outside of the 606 community too.

8. Makemstine Roger

Makemstine Roger Well-Known Member

Spot on there Joe but I'm still finding my way around here and learn something new ever day

9. CyprusMackem

I do believe ViNeGaR-JoE that it was your recommendation I followed. Cheers chap.

10. 56Danny

56Danny Member

The biggest difference for me between here and 606 is the speed at which new posts arrive (apart from the super modding, of course).

A slow day on 606 was like your worst wet Monday. I used to still read it but maybe only twice a day towrds the end and I more or less stopped posting a while back.
    To its credit, 606 was conducive to good discussions. A message board is the opposite.

SMB has its own attractions but it is like sniper alley. Make a post there and there is a good chance that the first response will be simply "**** off".

This place has a very good feel to it. A happy medium that suits me 100%.

Thanks, Mick. <ok>

11. Narf

Narf Member

Yep it feels like home from home

12. Lostinvegas

Lostinvegas Well-Known Member

I prefer this because it puts the threads most recently replied to at the top rather than the most recently created at the top.

13. CyprusMackem

Mod Face.... Sunderland and Newcastle will always be at war. It's the way it's always been and the way it always will be.

And to be honest we may loose the odd battle but we never loose the war.......................Cue inbound scum. :biggrin:

14. Pontsafc

Pontsafc Active Member

Looling really good and of to a cracking start. Fingers crossed nobody puts the mockers on it.

15. dickmalonespecial

hard to explain, but i think it feels "comfortable" you know what i mean. and a big thank you to mick<ale>

16. Ballin' Boy

Ballin' Boy Member

Ah, The Man with a Moderately Attractive Face is here. Karibu, err... adui wetu.

17. Shacksnutmeg

Shacksnutmeg Member

This is a great site. Better than 606. However, because of my employers 'values & principles' I won't be accessing the site at work because of some of the content posted. I don't have a problem with the swearing or the naked bint pictures just that my employers are **** hot when it comes to questionable internet access. Keep the pictures coming. :emoticon-0110-tongu What's happening with Sess and Munt?

18. Wherewereyou

Wherewereyou Guest

It's going very well - see no reason why it shouldn't continue. Much prefer Not to the Draconian and sometimes pointless rules on 606. Just watching Superkev on QOS. Those were the days, but the future's bright!

19. kirkyboy

kirkyboy Well-Known Member

Loving the new site! Still new to this forum lark and posting. Did a a couple of posts on 606 but tended to just read the posts and enjoy the craic but certainly feeling like posting a lot more and getting to be one of the "regulars"! Happy days! 606 is dead!......long live not606!

God save our gracious Cyprussyd!
    Long live our noble Cyprussyd!
    God save our Syd!

Long to moderate over us!
    Happy and glorious!
    Long live our Syd!

20. Steven Royston O'Neill

Steven Royston O'Neill Well-Known Member

I hope you ALL stood reading that..