1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Not all premiership teams are great.

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by arnieian, Jul 10, 2011.

1. Swords Hoopster

Swords Hoopster New Member

:grin::grin:

Dave Thomas, have they let you out for the weekend?? Do you really have your head that far up your a*se?

An extraordinary post. Without doubt the most extravagant yet. The sheer desperation is palpable on this board now and I find it quite disturbing.

2. Northolt-QPR

Northolt-QPR Active Member

Seemed to sell Routledge/Camp/Blackstock ok.
    Incoming transfers, aGREED.

3. Northolt-QPR

And welcome to "The ball goes wide to Dave Thomas", great name!:)

4. bakes8

bakes8 Member

In total agree with WBA. The voice of reason as always.

Swords, why the anger? Just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't give you the right to insult them.

'With the team we have that won the Chapionship last season we will still give people a game' from the horse's mouth.

5. jeffranger

jeffranger Well-Known Member

even with the team we got now i still think its better than swamsea & norwich even though thay have made additions, so with some new blood coming in we should be ok.:emoticon-0105-wink:

6. Swords Hoopster

Bakes I'm not angry, I'm only having a laugh and WBA etc know that. I do think that y'all have gone bonkers though!

I agree with Nelly, we might give some people a game alright....and lose. If people are happy with that then fair enough.

7. Northolt-QPR

The competition are busy:
    SkySportsNews Sky Sports News
    Wolves make a £7m bid for Birmingham defender Roger Johnson

8. WBA2_QPR3

WBA2_QPR3 Well-Known Member

Swords Ive been called a lot worse, someone mistook me for Kerry Dixon once back in'86 when I was walking up the Kings Road - I took that very badly I can tell you. I mean, you know we had the same hair but for a Chelsea player???!!

Also Northy I am getting very concerned as you are clearly unbalanced...the words 'Roger Johnson' and '£7m'..........are you having an acid flashback???

Why is that a concern to us?? £7m???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

FOOTBALL HAS EATEN ITSELF!!

9. Northolt-QPR

SkySportsNews Sky Sports News
    Sky Sources: Stoke to sign free agent Jonathan Woodgate later today
    =============================================

10. Northolt-QPR

WBA2, I think you're right, all this negativity is starting to do my head in.

11. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

Alright lads,

Interested to know, what's the craic down there with the board?

I assumed you'd go up and spend a few quid, and consolidate, but it looks like the opposite is happening.

Not exactly skint your board, have i missed something?

Does look like you're getting DJ Campbell and Bothroyd, personally, i think they could be a half decent strikeforce, but not without service.

12. Northolt-QPR

I think they're looking to sell mate, I wish them luck!

13. WBA2_QPR3

BB - As we are the second richest club in the World (allegedly) we thought you lot needed a head start so for a laugh we've decided to only sign players that are either free, over the age of 32 and have a debilitating injury.

14. WBA2_QPR3

Stoke sign Woodgate.................madness, complete madness

15. BrixtonR

BrixtonR Well-Known Member

Ah... Dave Thomas, now there was a marquee transfer that at once excited us fans, improved an already good quality outfit and never ever disappointed!

However, as regards your comment, 'we have a good team even without Adel', we do and we don't imo.

Whilst with Adel we were the best team in the Championship, in the games without him, we weren't at all convincing. No firepower to speak of and even the defence were more jumpy.

BUT we're nothing like the team we should be. That starts with having two billionaires and two fairly wealthy sidekicks that suggests a garden of plenty and envy of all - but in fact leaves the fans with massive ticket prices and a ground reminiscent of Steptoe's yard. What's the point of the billionaires?

I think it would be a different story if we had a fairly straightforward board like Blackpool, Norwich or Swansea who wanted only for the best for the club. Then we'd be okay about little or no investment and making best use of what we have. We'd be far more likely to understand and accept the situation as is.

With these know-nothing, care even less billionaires calling the shots, fans are finding their intransigence demoralising and their pricing policy absurd to say the least. Hence the anger, frustration, gloom and doom.

16. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

It's an interesting strategy mind, we tried that under Mick McCarthy like, but we ended up with 19 points.

Thank christ that Derby somehow contrived to get less!

Not suggesting you'll bother that record, but looking at the side listed above that looks woefully short for the Prem.

Sadly, we have more experience than anyone of yo-yo-ing between the top 2 leagues, to break the sequence cost us £38million (under Keane) and substantial top ups every year since!

Baffles me that men that rich, and with Ecclestone in particular claiming to be a 'fan' they don't put the money in, not as if they are gonna be waiting for payday if they chuck £40million in a pot between them!

17. BrixtonR

Brucey: 'Ecclestone in particular claiming to be a 'fan''.

He makes it clear he's not into football let alone QPR... if he supports any club it's Chelsea cos Abramovich wines and dines him there.

18. Swords Hoopster

"Kerry Dixon", WBA? Now that IS an insult to a Rangers fan!

That's obviously where you developed your thick skin from!

19. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

I just remember seeing him scarved up at a game on TV, apologies if i've got that wrong <ok>

Doesn't mask the fact that the money required to make you competitive is peanuts to a man of his wealth.

20. BrixtonR

Precisely our problem. What the ****'s he playing at? It's not as though he needs another cash cow is it?