1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Not all premiership teams are great.

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by arnieian, Jul 10, 2011.

1. WBA2_QPR3

WBA2_QPR3 Well-Known Member

2. Dangerous Marsupial

Dangerous Marsupial Well-Known Member

If you think your squad is still better than ours you guys are all living in dreamland, bearing in mind you beat us by just 4 points last season (And didn't score past us in 2 games) we have added very significantly, whereas you seem to of gone backwards!

Granted you had the best goalkeeper in the league last season, but you haven't even got a striker anymore and to be honest man for man, you could claim you had a better keeper and CAM (Although Hoolahan would take him close) maybe one or two others would be 50/50 and the rest we are miles ahead on! If you do lose Taarabt, I'd say you are in dire straits!

3. loftboy

loftboy Member

Buz will never take the place of taraabt not even in the same class

4. bakes8

bakes8 Member

Pilkington, Morison + Vaughan??????? LOL! High quality Prem Class players there Mr Clown. ;)

Hoolahan take Taarabt close? You must be blind as well as stupid ;)
    Maybe one or two others would be 50/50?? lol.... Clearly never seen Gorkss/Buzsaky/Faurlin/Mackie/Smith ever play football then?

2nd best last season Carrot Cruncher and will be 2nd best to us again this :)

5. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

We didn't have a striker last season either.

Our lack of activity is a joke and is taking the piss out of those who have paid extortionate amounts for season tickets but I don't think any of the players you've bought are up to much either.

6. Swords Hoopster

Swords Hoopster New Member

I used to watch Wes Hoolahan week in week out at my local Club a few years ago and he was always a quality player at that level. Then I remember him being man of the match against Deportivo La Coruna in the Ch League. I always knew he'd make it in England.

But almost as good as Taarabt? Sorry Marsupial, not even close. If he was that good he would've been playing for us (R O Irl) years ago yet no Irish manager has picked him.

As for the rest of your squad, I've no doubt yis have overtaken us with your additions considering we've yet to sign anyone. However, there is still over a month to go and we may yet pull out a rabbit or two. (I doubt it though)

7. bakes8

bakes8 Member

???? I wouldn't take any of the low quality players that Norwich have bought over Bothroyd. Pilkington, Vaughan and Morison Prem class?? Are they **** ;)

8. Swords Hoopster

I think Vaughan is Bakes but the other two, time will tell. There's very little between the two squads put it that way.

9. bakes8

bakes8 Member

4 points between the two squads actually.

Vaughan Prem class? Ever seen him play??? Mid-table Championship at best. Couldn't get anywhere near a poor Everton first XI and pulled up no trees at Palace.

Nah, I'd much rather have our squad ta, and I'm not the only one who thinks that seeing as the bookies have us 2-1 to go down and have the Carrots at 2-1 ON.

Have some faith in your team ffs Swords.

10. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

you do look very weak at the moment but who knows you might sign some decent players before the season starts.........we are all on no points and nobody knows what will happen....

11. Swords Hoopster

I rest my case

12. Dangerous Marsupial

Dangerous Marsupial Well-Known Member

Some of the replies to my post have been rather hostile, when I'm just making a fair point and don't like seeing my team being called mediocre.

It doesn't really matter to me how good those guys are because we have Grant Holt who is better than any of your strikers, including if you get him Jay Bothroyd, and is also not as lazy doesn't demand such stupid wages and doesn't have the same ego problems either. And to be honest, you can say whatever you like about our signings, because a) at least we have made some, and b) I'm positive they will turn out to all be great, because last season we bought from even lower leagues and came second, because our manager has an excellent eye for a value transfer. I notice people saying JV wasn't close to Everton's first XI, in which case I point you to Russell Martin who couldn't make the P'boro first team, yet I'd say, and not just as a Canary, that he was one of, if not the best full-back in the league last year or David Fox who we got for £75K, so that's something to watch out for.

But what worries me for you guys (I don't really have anything against you) is that when you played a team who marked Taarabt out of the game, you where ineffective, and that's going to happen a lot more in the Premier League. Also if you loose Taarabt, you really do look screwed to me, because he got you 35 goals/assists last season (Same as Holt) and you don't have any players in the top 10 for either goals/assists other than him, unless you get Bothroyd.

13. Swords Hoopster

Don't worry, you certainly won't be called that next season when you're scrapping down the bottom for survival along with us and a few others. The rest of the Prem fans will be calling you far worse.

Better develop a thicker skin my friend, the Premiership is no place for little whingers

14. Northolt-QPR

Northolt-QPR Active Member

Holt better than 'Englands' Jay Bothroyd? <laugh>
    I think he might have found his level last season my yellow friend!

15. bakes8

bakes8 Member

I don't remember Holt playing Holt playing for England last season.... Maybe my memory is letting me down ;)

Fair enough you don't like your club being called mediocre, shame because at best that's what they are.

For the record I dont like fans of other clubs coming on here taking the piss out of our lack of transfer activity, especially as we are on the cusp of signing a player faaaaar better than any of the signings they have made in the summer.

16. Holt is fanTASHtic!

You can't really say that QPR last year were better than Norwich because you finished 4 points ahead of us and then go on to say Bothroyd is far better than Holt. If we're going by the stats then Holt is better because he scored more and probably had more assists too (although that is just a guess so may have to check that one)

I think anybody can use a stat or fact to prove their own point. At the end of the day both teams did very well but now we are both level and all three promoted teams will find things difficult next year.

17. Swords Hoopster

Hold on a second Lansbury you clown. Its statements like yours that really get on my Tits. Why in the name of god shouldn't we say QPR were better than Norwich last season? We won the league, you finished second! How clearer could it possibly be you f*cking Amadan.

On your other point between Holt and Bothroyd? I don't think there's much between them but if I had to chose it would probably be Holt.

18. bakes8

bakes8 Member

Much between them on what, Burger eating skills?? wtf?? Bothroyd is far better than Holt.... Didn't see the fatman playing for England last season (or was he in McDonalds when Cappello called him up?)

19. Swords Hoopster

Yet another erratic post form Bakes. Could it be you suddenly love Bothroyd because we've just signed him?? Can't you be a bit more objective?

I don't think there's much between them. Holt scored 21 last season and Bothroyd 18. Bothroyd can go down quicker than a 5 dollar hoor and can be quite lazy too. Holt misses chances he should convert.

How someone can deduce that "Bothroyd is far better than Holt" doesn't make sense to me. They seem around the same level to me.

20. bakes8

bakes8 Member

Not really Swords, If you bothered to read any of my previous posts over the last 6 months you would've realized Ive been a big fan for a while and called him out as our No.1 target at the beginning of the summer. All stems from the 0-1 defeat at their hands I witnessed at LR 2 years ago when he absolutely monstered us.

Yeh I'm probably being harsh on Holt.. Actually like the player and had we not of gotten Bothroyd would of thought he would've been great in our system....

...But we have got Bothroyd.... and I do think he's better than Holt. End of. ;)