1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

not606 Official Norwich City Transfer Rumour Thread - January Window 2013

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by KIO, Dec 5, 2012.

1. danary

danary Active Member

I missed this - what failed medical?

2. Goldeneye175

Goldeneye175 Active Member

£8m (not spent in January transfer window)
    £12m (no debt repayments to the bank owed)
    ~£10m (Summer Budget spent in 2012 to be replicated)
    £20m at the absolute minimum (New TV £££ for PL 13/14 - No.20 earns same as Man City did last season in effect, i.e. £80m instead of £45m)

I make that a sizeable budget of £50m...of course I wouldn't expect to spend even 60% of that, as I would like to imagine that the remaining 40% would be allocated to the stadium expansion, slight wage increase to say £20-25k a week and to our new Tier 1 academy. Still £30m when we are used to £10m is going to be epic! Transfer record will be obliterated, as the ambition to bid £7m for Hooper demonstrated.

3. oldcanariesfan

oldcanariesfan Well-Known Member

Glad we didn't get our ass shafted by paying over the odds for Hooper. Let him stay up there now and hope we don't ever show interest in him again.

Would have liked to have seen Ricky the Wolf, CMS or Mackie come in as well as Becchio but it was not to be and we've got a wad of cash gathering interest for the summer in the account now.

4. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

As Captain Sensible once said, "Are you glad it's all over".
    I am - and I bet David Mcnally is too <ok>

Roll on May, when we can reconvene and do it all over again <yikes>

5. zogean_king

zogean_king Well-Known Member

Yes I really hope this drives Holt on and I still think we are better when playing two up front with hoolahoop just behind

6. Beefforhire-NCFC

Beefforhire-NCFC Well-Known Member

The way I see it now in the cold light of day and zero transfer pressure is we've got a striker who's on form and scored about the same ammount of goals in a division with a lot more quality in Becchio. I'm excited by his arrival, I think he can score goals for us and re-energise Holty.

Kamara is a nice bonus, not sure how he fits in, but he sounds like he'll play for his life to take his shot in the Premier League.

What I would have wanted is another CB in davies, but Birmingham were being absolute arseholes. Apparently we had a 4m offer turned down in the end. Maybe they'll be more willing to sell in the summer when they are being liquidated.

However Turner and Bass look strong so keep them fit and we should be fine

OTBC

7. Rich44

Rich44 Well-Known Member

I think we'll be ok now. Just think we could get Hooper on a FREE on the summer now!

8. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

To give everyone a chance to read this thread, it will be released tomorrow (Saturday) morning! <ok>

9. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

Totally agree with this and I'm really pleases that we didn't get conned into paying silly money for someone who is unproven at thi level. OKK, he will get 2 games against Juve, but what has he got to look forward to after that?? Inverness Caley Thistle, Aberdeen, St Johnstone etc!!!!! <cheers>

10. Hairy Mary Quite Canary

Hairy Mary Quite Canary Well-Known Member

[video=youtube;d66Ns_LNfh0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d66Ns_LNfh0&feature=youtu.be[/video]

11. irdan

irdan Well-Known Member

How? He has 18 months on his contract

12. Rich44

Rich44 Well-Known Member

Ah ok, it was my understanding his contract was up this summer after he rejected all the new contract extensions from Celtic, fair enough then. Not that I want him anyway for that kind of money tbh

13. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

It's hard to believe that this post has got to 114 pages. We must be obsessed! Rather than say it all again I'll copy over my reply in Tipsy's thread:

I also agree that the right course was taken yesterday in that 'panic buying' was avoided. I was very worried about paying 8m for Hooper, who may be good, but not that good, and more importantly, unproven in the PL. Graham for 5m was about right, but he obviously wanted the NE very badly (I'm a bit dubious about those who put personal concerns before football). I'm also very pleased with the Becchio-Morison swap, though I was never one of Moro's detractors. I also think that Kei Kamara can bring another dimension to City's wide play and score goals as well. He can play with pace on either flank and at 6'3" is a great header of the ball as well. That makes him a great choice for CHs 4-2-2-1-1 formation. For the loss of Moro, Lappin (though I'll miss KoS!), and Chris Martin, City have gained three very good players, including the security of an experienced keeper as well. It's also great that Declan will get some good experience with Preston. With the solid squad City now have, the emphasis can be on quality in the summer window once clear of debt.

14. toastehmonstah

toastehmonstah Active Member

is that guy wearing a leeds kit?

15. I_Clean_holtys_boots

I_Clean_holtys_boots Active Member

Mcnally tweeted saying our number 1 target had a value of &#8364;20mil, wonder who on earth that was!

16. #BigHairyWinger

please log in to view this image

17. I_Clean_holtys_boots

I_Clean_holtys_boots Active Member

Quite far off what was being quoted everywhere else though!

18. #BigHairyWinger

yeah that makes it £17m roughly which would be quite high even for him. Maybe there was someone else we were in for but at £17m I don't know where you'd go!

19. #BigHairyWinger

Me and my Swansea-supporting flatmate were playing FIFA and watching SSN last night. Needless to say every time they said 'Hooper' he scored. And when we were told no more business I nearly scored an own goal.

20. Paint Me Yellow