1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Nottingham........

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Redprintt, Oct 9, 2020.

1. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

And that's the problem Rob.....We get inundated with misleading figures and stats..So when it was announced that based on 43000 volunteers they reached 90% effective rate, that initially sounds promising.......and most people would believe it............But then, when you dig for the facts.....just under 100 of those 43000 tested positive...
    Sorry, but same applies to 53000 deaths caused by Covid.....It's misleading.
    Regarding having complete confidence in our health professionals to give out a safe vaccine.....Like you.......I can't share your confidence and won't have it unless it interferes with my travel plans!!

2. BCFCRob

BCFCRob Well-Known Member

To be fair it didn't require much digging, it is easily accessible. I just thought it would be tested on far higher numbers. In one of them, it was tested on 170 patients, but 162 were placebo. Only 8 actually had the vaccine.

I won't pretend to know anything about vaccines, but I gather that if they're willing to roll it out to the general population, the way they are manufactured, designed, tested, etc means they must have a huge amount of certainty on whether it will work or not. Whether it's from experience or maths, or whatever, I'm not sure how they work. At the end of the day if it goes wrong, they will be sued the **** out of!

I mean, we've done it to death but I still 1,000,000% disagree on this. If it's misleading I think it's actually too low, but you think it's too high and that's fine.

3. oneforthebristolcity

They will have some sort of Insurances or defence mate. ..Not sure that cuts it with me....but seems like you're happy to follow the mass fed.
    Even though vaccines of course saves millions of lives, mistakes have been made, especially in the early stages..All has to be weighed up pros & cons and the chances of me falling ill or worse which in my opinion as you know is very minimal.

A quick scan on google showed some of the vaccines pushed out to quick

And of course not forgetting the drug Thalidomide that was used in the late 1950s and early 1960s for the treatment of nausea in pregnant women.

An early version of the measles vaccine resulted in (you guessed it) a bunch of kids getting measles.

Children treated with a vaccine designed to combat respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) actually developed an “enhanced” version of the disease, as the AAMC wrote, resulting in two deaths.

As recently as 2017, a vaccine supposed to combat dengue fever actually was shown to cause a worse form of the disease.

The list goes on: As much as 30 percent of polio vaccines were contaminated with simian virus for eight years. The swine flu vaccine increased risk of Guillain-Barré Syndrome. The 2009 H1N1 influenza vaccine caused narcolepsy in some patients.
    And of course, there were glass particles in the HPV vaccine back in 2013.

4. BCFCRob

"happy to follow the mass fed"

This is the one time I'm bloody agreeing with you <laugh>. Surely this is the one time I'm not following the "mass fed" in your eyes.

5. oneforthebristolcity

False mass fed!! :emoticon-0148-yes:

BCFCRob likes this.
  6. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

Asking for a friend Onefor

With all your conspiracy theory, how do you know the articles telling you it’s a conspiracy regarding Covid believe that? That may be a conspiracy theory on a conspiracy theory?

7. Loathsneyd

Loathsneyd Well-Known Member

please log in to view this image

RedorDead and BCFCRob like this.
  8. realred1952

realred1952 Well-Known Member

ouch .... I guess in a way I am lucky, lost 2 of 6 family with cancer, dad before 60 and brother 2013 just over 60, [ another brother at 17 hit by van on wrong side of road.] only serious problem was my op "to save my ability to walk, mostly of my own doing" best wish's with your battle and hopefully your meds will help and work....

9. realred1952

realred1952 Well-Known Member

it is misleading, how these test work, as far as I am aware is that a number of candidates are randomly selected % get it % placebo what or how the 100 represents IS not clear! the 100 could represent the 5% who the vaccine failed to stop?
    21500 is half but 5% is over a 1000 so somewhere there is confusing figures!
    5% = 100 so 100% = 2000 so were there a final test on just 2000 or 4000? [ mentioned elsewhere these test/trials normally last years and have maybe 4 stages! ] do they reduce numbers /peeps drop out?

10. oneforthebristolcity

Quick answer, I don't think it is...I would say it's a conspiracy theory if we we're given all the facts without being misled by scaremongering figures and reports, especially by the main stream media that thrive on the mass that believe them!!

11. oneforthebristolcity

Another Lie..................Abraham Lincoln wasn't around for the Internet........but maybe a few of you believe he was...There's a picture, it must be true!!.<laugh><laugh><laugh>

12. Cliftonville

Cliftonville Well-Known Member

Because it is exceptional. I will go back to the hierarchy of needs. The physiological here has to come first. This virus represents exceptional challenges and threats.

13. RedorDead

How do you know? What proof do you have that he wasn’t

BCFCRob likes this.
  14. BCFCRob

You say this but then go on and regurgitate everything that the mainstream media prints! You're their dream mate. You're imposter syndrome in action.

15. RedorDead

Here’s one for you Onefor

What were barn owls called before barns were invented?

16. oneforthebristolcity

Probably just Owls or Birds until 5500 years ago when man started constructing shelters?

17. oneforthebristolcity

:emoticon-0172-mooni:emoticon-0172-mooni:emoticon-0172-mooni Blogs & websites are MAIN stream media are they? <doh><doh><doh> FFS

18. oneforthebristolcity

Well it's believed that he was assassinated in 1865 and being the internet wasn't invented until 1989......it seems pretty unlikely.........various accounts from around the globe gives me enough proof for this to be correct!!

19. RedorDead

But that’s only what you’ve read mate in mainstream news <laugh><laugh>

20. BCFCRob

Maybe it's just coincidence that you have the exact same opinions that they want you to have then! All the while thinking you're one of the 'free thinkers'.

Never believe the lamestream media onefor. He was never assassinated and is currently alive and well!