1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Now that the dust may be settling............

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by rangercol, Jun 21, 2020.

1. SW Ranger

SW Ranger Well-Known Member

Well said RTID. I have avoided the politics thread - nothing good ever seems to come of political ‘debates’. As they degenerate into the slinging of shirt all around the room and at each other.
    I’d much rather do that from a football context about other team - Norwich being one of them :emoticon-0105-wink:.
    I look forward to your regular insight and discussion on the football Col. What a totally crap result against Barnsley at the foot of the table. Only QPR eh!?

2. surreyhoop

surreyhoop Well-Known Member

My tuppence worth is that i love our not 606 board. I disagree with many here but i genuinely like everyone. I log on alot and read numerous threads so i hope continues!

3. jeffranger

jeffranger Well-Known Member

The Mods should delete the politics & coronavirus threads now as they’ve had there day & now becoming boring & tedious as most on here agree, football is back!

4. Staines R's

Staines R's Well-Known Member

To be fair Jeff, no one actually forces you to read them. If you don’t like it , don’t go on it’s that simple.
    It’s like the threads I find boring and tedious.....I just don’t look at them.

5. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

Which threads does our resident cake eating hero find boring and tedious

6. Staines R's

Staines R's Well-Known Member

The Word Association thread springs to mind

kiwiqpr and Goldhawk-Road like this.
  7. Willhoops

Willhoops Well-Known Member

Agree if you don't like a thread don't read it, I comment on a few threads and mostly read others and like to see peoples opinions especially Hoop related, the politics thread has more posts than the entire rest of the threads on the front page, let's face it without that and the Corona Virus thread the board would be very quiet indeed, it actually keeps the board stay alive so be careful if you wish their death, it could kill the board.

If people want more interesting QPR chat, why not start the threads, drive the conversations? That's the only way things will change to more QPR based stuff

Oh and Stroller is a top, top fella, a very good poster and from what I have seen and stick up for himself and provide evidence to back his views, poor form to single posters out. Calling people children then pointing fingers and using playground insults hardly validates the position. There are people on the politics thread from opposing view points who are still able to converse civilly, I've had some great chats with Goldie.. and ok ones with Staines (only kidding fella you know I love you) if there are people who can't do that with those with all of those with opposing view points maybe they should be looking closer to home for the problem

8. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

No defence of me then. Fair.

9. Willhoops

Willhoops Well-Known Member

Well he had a point there :afro: no I did suggest the childish insults were unwarranted. I just thought you didn't need any help with your campaign for poster of the year, shoe in :emoticon-0148-yes:

10. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

Make Not606 Great Again I say.

kiwiqpr and Willhoops like this.

11. QPRski

QPRski Well-Known Member

I also initially also thought that this would be a post Barnsley match analysis.

As for this thread, I admit that I like this board and think it is relatively calm and controlled. However, it is very sad if someone is hurt or upset by comments.

What we all have in common is an affection for QPR and I genuinely enjoy reading the varied thoughts and comments. This is the primary reason reason that we are all members of the forum.

It is good that there are other non-QPR related threads. If I have time, then I take a look at them, and as probably everyone, I have my favourites.

Politics and religion are always emotive topics. As a result, it is not a great surprise that the politics, and the political aspects of the Coronavirus thread, will get emotional and heated.

I personally choose to avoid these threads as I do not have either the time or the need to discuss my views on this forum. I guess everyone has this choice.

Regardless of the thread, I hope that there is an acceptable standard of self-moderation and respect for others.

I also hope that as the football returns, we may focus on QPR topics and issues that “unite” us, rather than these which divide and quarrel us.

This is one of the better football forums and I hope it stays as a “home” for all of us.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2020
    Devonhoop, qprbeth, kiwiqpr and 7 others like this.