1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread NUFC vs Chelski

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Welshie, Feb 7, 2021.

1. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

Darren Peacock’s Ponytail Well-Known Member

You'll probably find ones that say they are both amazing as well somewhere

2. Schlem Boogerman

Schlem Boogerman Well-Known Member

<laugh>

3. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

Andy Cole

Schlem Boogerman likes this.
  4. Roland Deschain

Roland Deschain Well-Known Member

Gayle is an awful player, always has been. Krafth is well below average (seriously, did we pay scouts for this?).

We look like one of 5 or 6 PL clubs that belong in the Championship. Chances are we'll end up there. Bruce is smiling because he couldn't give a ****. He's on a decent wage, and is under no pressure whatsoever.

Dorty Dogbreath and Munson. like this.
  5. Dr Van Helsing

Dr Van Helsing Well-Known Member

Screenshot_20210216_084909_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210216_085013_com.android.chrome.jpg

6. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

7. Dr Van Helsing

He's useless.

I'll bet grief but Joelinton is the best replacement for wilson simply because he is capable of causing a threat and has the ability to play a pass.. We've seen that once or twice. I think his soul has been destroyed at Newcastle more than anything else.. His touch tells me he's got confidence issues. You cannot get to this level of your touch is that bad.

8. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

I agree, I would rather play Joelinton. However Bruce (or Jones) has set his stall and needs to play Gayle now for a run of games.

Sack off Shelvey and bring in a Longstaff.
    I'd also be inclined to bring in Fraser for ASM and Murphy in fit Krafth

9. Roland Deschain

I'd persevere with Joelinton up front tbh. Nothing to lose. There's ZERO point playing Gayle at all, he's off in the Summer, couldn't give a toss and isn't an "inside right" he's a poacher (being kind).

Right back I'd actually throw Ritchie in, or Dummett, or Hayden. Krafth needs to be gone, he's well below PL standard and that's just a fact.

Shelvey needs to be dropped, utter liability, training ground player for me.

Darlow needs to be dropped. Shocking kicking, again, and piss poor for both goals.

If we stick with 4-3-1-2 (we will, Brucey thought we were mint) then I'd have Dubs, in nets, back four of Ritchie, Lascelles, Clark, Lewis, Hayden DM, Longstaff and WIllock CM and Almiron AM, with Max and Joelinton. I don't think it works, though - the problem for me with this 4-3-1-2 formation is we're playing wingers as forwards, which ultimately doesn't work. Chelsea had Werner, a mobile striker, as their inside left but off a main striker, Abraham. I think you need a striker playing in their position somewhere on the pitch, not "false 9's" all over the place.

So for me, the most logical change is to go 4-2-3-1, same back four, Willock and Hayden as the two, Max, Almiron and Fraser as the three and I'd actually start with Carroll for 45, then go with Joelinton for 45. Literally tell Carroll to smash up the defence for the first half, then bring on Joelinton to change the play. If Ritchie's that bad, we can switch Hayden to RB and bring in a Longstaff. The key is to get after them from the start, unsettle them. This Bruce tactic of watching the world go by and hoping for the best before eventually playing football is mystifying and abysmal.

magpie290761 and Munson. like this.
  10. Dr Van Helsing

4 2 3 1 would suit better I think with max Fraser and Almiron behind Joelinton but we aren't going to even try it.

He simply will not drop jonjo shelvey

11. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

You never know.

12. Dr Van Helsing

The thing is I usually do

13. hammyend

hammyend Member

Let me put your mind at rest. April 21 1951 was the last time we won at Turf moor- 2-0 since you ask, and I cannot see that sequence being interrupted. I suspect that too many of you were fooled by our performance at Everton, the fact is that we weren't particularly good but that Everton were dreadful - so bad that, if we had taken our chances , we could have won 5-0. That said we are not as bad as the pundit's would suggest. You have lost 13 games, we have lost 11.You have conceded 40 goals we have conceded 31, our problem is that we have drawn 9 games against your 4.As I have said I expect nothing from tomorrows game but I do expect us to beat Sheffield and a terrible Palace side without Zaha, and we are going to have to as after that we have Liverpool and Man City. Rest easy lads - you won't be relegated!

magpie290761 and Flash like this.
  14. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

Yes once in 52 guesses or after starting all possibilities :bandit:

<laugh>

magpie290761 likes this.
  15. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

You should tell our negative noo noos

16. Dr Van Helsing

I suppose perhaps Jones will tell him jonjos a finished player?

Does anyone have any idea if we have a rb in the u21s that's worth a try?

Every team we play is going to go after Krafth... Letting Yedlin go and keeping him is a decision that could relegate us. He's really that bad... Never seen worse

17. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

Well if we do then Ben Dawson who has been drafted to first team duties should be saying

18. Dr Van Helsing

I think I'd go back to a 5 with Murphy as wing back...

19. Roland Deschain

Nope, Murphy wasn't particularly good there and a back five is what got us into this mess in the first place.

It's not that they were targetting Krafth because he's utter dogshit. It's because he had Gayle ahead of him to he had no support, then when it went down the Chelsea left, Hayden would constantly cover meaning we were short in the middle and Chelsea would either get past Krafth, or get it back infield to the Hayden-shaped gap.

It took me about 5 minutes to work this out and my highest coaching level is u-8. Steve Bruce, the worst PL manager in history, couldn't work it out with 5 coaches in support. The answer was NOT to start the game as your opponent thinks you will and instead play 4-2-3-1 so that your midfielders can stay central and Fraser can work back a bit.

There's a reason 4-2-3-1 is such a preferred and successful tactic. Because it ****ing works. In order for it to work, you need mobile midfielders and a decent attacking setup to carry the ball. Exactly what we have. What we played last night was Gayle out of position, in an ineffective set-up that will NEVER work against bigger teams.

Schlem Boogerman likes this.
  20. Dr Van Helsing

I'm aware he's not great, but it's a desperate situation because Krafth isn't even good enough for the English 1st division.

We switched and the ingredients included schar Manquillo and Wilson, so unfortunately because we don't have the sane ingredients anymore we need to change the recipe again to create something that works.

We have no ball playing cb
    We have no right back that's fast enough or good enough on the ball
    We have no striker thats capable of what Wilson is.

We need to get results through ****housery with 5 at the back and going at them like the wind with max willock Fraser and Almiron on the counter.

I said it before last night and I'll stay it again.. Nufc won't win a single game with Krafth, lacelles, and gayle replacing Manquillo, Schar and Wilson in the same system