1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

nuts in may, or who is out!

Discussion in 'Shrewsbury' started by atcham jack, Apr 2, 2013.

1. greenhousmeadowman

greenhousmeadowman Well-Known Member

I am surprised to see Wildig and Bradshaw offered new contracts as they have not done enough in League 1 for me, though they both have youth on their side. Most of the the others were no massive surprise but I would like to say on this site that I have greatly appreciated the skills of Mark Wright and the workrate of Marvin Morgan and I wish them both well for the future. The biggest shock to me is to see that Richards is going. Player of the year in our promotion season and always willing to play anywhere this season for the good of the team. Yes, he had some poor games but he has never given less than 100%. I do not think the captaincy and frequent changes of position helped him and I say shame on the so-called supporters who have consistently barracked him this season - not one of them is half the man Matt Richards is.

2. Hounded Out By Morons

Hounded Out By Morons Well-Known Member

Even though Bradshaw doesn't really deserve a new offer, It is a no brainer as he is the only striker left and would come relatively cheap. Ought to be 4th choice only.
    Saddest about Morgan. Always caused problems to defenders as his stats (most attempts, assists, fouls) show, but more expensive.

3. Matster

Matster Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Wildig as an example shows some good signs of being a good player, I guess the offer won't be that high and if he turns it down then no great loss to a group of supporters. As he is under 24 then any other club will have to pay money to us and the same will go for Goldson and Bradshaw.

Morgan and Richards - I'm guessing that GT has some irons in the fire for replacements. I spent a long time defending Morgan but it became evident this season that no matter how much a player niggles opposition defence, he has to have a positive product that comes out of it, Morgan quite often got to the back line of defence but lost the ball somehow. I do hope that Richards and Morgan find some great team to be a part of and that they don't come back to bite us at some point!

4. tinned hats

tinned hats Member

I know I mentioned signing Gash and Malbon from Kidderminster with such a prolific goal scoring feats, and my boss (Kidderminster fan) banging on about them, and what ive also read in the none league papers, but when I watched them in the play offs, Wrexham just dominated the midfield cutting off their supply, almost making them redundant ...so no matter how your forwards are you need a tight solid ball winning midfield to supply them, so I would like to see GT or who is ever in charge come the start of the season to look to be getting some good midfielders in to supplement our forwards, I think this could have been Morgan's down fall this season..

5. Lenny

Lenny Well-Known Member

To be fair, I think Morgan's downfall is that fact that he simply isn't a great player!

Mambo released by Charlton, McGinn also apparently released - two I'd definitely like to see here permanently.

6. Matster

Forum Moderator

Our midfield has been the problem for many years I think. It often goes unnoticed as it is masked by a defence using Hoofball and a strike force not scoring.

7. Lenny

Lenny Well-Known Member

I think our midfield last season was pretty good. Richards on form with D. Mac, Wright and Wildig/Taylor was a pretty decent group, and when Ainsworth was on form at the start of the season too...

8. Matster

Forum Moderator

Richards had a good time in CM, but Wroe, etc Dunfield, never offered anything 'great'.

We have relied very heavily on wingers to provide supply up front and that hasn't always worked out for us. Morgan has admitted in the past that he prefers the ball to his feet than aerial. It would be good if the central midfield also began to be more of a threat in terms of goals and especially assists.

9. Hounded Out By Morons

McGinn will go back to Scotland in the SPL. Mambo will stay in London. Bradshaw will sign for Birmingham and Grandison for Notts Forest.

You heard it here third.

10. Matster

Forum Moderator

Geographically I can't see Mambo coming up here unless he has a good reason to. I seem to recollect that someone he knew was up in this area playing for another team. The same goes for McGinn, he moved to watford from the SPL due to the bigness of the club.

11. Hounded Out By Morons

Wildig's new contract has a clause in it which if someone comes and offers £5 million the club have to accept it. Odds on Man Utd being the first to come up with a bid.

12. ManFeelings

ManFeelings Member

Good word that :emoticon-0105-wink:

13. Metashrew

Metashrew Member

If you are right KDS then it's not just a tinkering we need but a complete rebuild.....two more going and two we probably wouldn't have got anyway.

Wildig to United...unlikely, whilst he has promise it's not TOP of the premiership stuff.

Funny how the 'on your bike mentality' of getting a job is so polarised in footy. South Americans spend half their life in Europe but a soft southerner won't come to the midlands (sorry, the Marches!!) for a few seasons.

We always used to have a steady flow of Scots.....what happened?

14. Matster

Forum Moderator

it works and perfectly describes the consideration a player might have this season when choosing Wolves or Shrewsbury if they want to play in League 1 :D

15. Metashrew

Metashrew Member

Wages may be a factor.....a bench warmer at Molineux or games on pitch in Gods county for a pittance