1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

O/T Bad Delivery Companies

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Barmbys_Tan, Aug 18, 2014.

1. Barmbys_Tan

Barmbys_Tan Well-Known Member

Well, for the first time i have finally had the misfortune of the delivery experience provided by YODEL.

How a company so incompetent who employ staff without a brain cell between them get these big contracts with the likes of Amazon, Ebuyer etc i do not know!

I paid £14 to have a saturday delivery, which they claimed was sent out and i wasn't in...i received no knock at the door, no card through the post. So i rang them, to be told they would redeliver today but i wouldn't be able to get my money back i paid for saturday delivery. Today came, nothing updated on the online system so i called to be told i hadn't arranged for a re-delivery, so i had enough and said i would go pick it up from their service centre in Bamber Bridge (a 20minute drive) to arrive and be told NO SUCH PARCEL IS AT THIS DELIVERY CENTRE.

I then rang YODEL back who are now playing dumb saying they don't recognise my bloody reference number!! I'm now awaiting Ebuyer to get back to me. <doh>

Anyone else had similar experiences?

2. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

City Link - ****ing rubbish.

My Mum recently passed away (completely unexpected), as such my Sister has unexpectedly been living up here in East Yorks for the last 3 weeks with her 1 year old Son and husband. They urgently needed some stuff from home, so her husband tied in a 2 day return to work with getting home and sending some really urgent items up to East Yorkshire on a next day delivery via City Link.

My Mum was still hanging on at that point, so we as a family were around her 24/7. We made provisions to ensure someone was at the delivery address to receive this really urgent parcel. The useless **** of a driver didn't even attempt a delivery, despite windows downstairs all open (wide, it was hot) a number of cars parked on the drive (4 or 5) and my Uncle in the house waiting for the afore mentioned parcel. This property has a metal gate to the drive where 4 cars to 5 cars were parked and side gate to the path to the front door (where the letter box is located). The driver simply rolled the card up and poked it into one of the wrought iron curls on the gate. He didn't knock, ring the bell, or use the contact number that was included on the address label. I suspect he was running late and simply couldn't be arsed. I have sent a letter to the managing director of City Link telling him how **** his company is.

The very best they said they could do was a before 1pm delivery the following day - the parcel arrived just before 2pm - utter ****ing ****e.

3. Fez

Fez Well-Known Member

No sympathy, use the high street before it disappears.<whistle>

4. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

please log in to view this image

5. Fez

Fez Well-Known Member

6. captain caveman

captain caveman Well-Known Member

Did you check your roof?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...omeowner-returns-parcel-wedged-guttering.html

7. The Omega Man

The Omega Man Well-Known Member

I bet that your address is wrong on the package.

8. Barmbys_Tan

Barmbys_Tan Well-Known Member

I thought the same thing, the company themselves have the correct address, as do Ebuyer and its' correct online.

Either way, he must be strong if it's on the roof because it's a bloody tele! Wouldn't be surprised if he's ran off with it himself tbh...it is Preston afterall

9. Dr.Stanley O'Google, HCFC

Dr.Stanley O'Google, HCFC Well-Known Member

10. RicardoHCAFC

RicardoHCAFC Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Hermes can top it for ridiculous delivery practices. 2 deliveries I've had from them recently, 1 from Thorntons (I get free vouchers for online purchases every now and then) and 1 from Amazon.

I live in a flat. There's 3 flats in the building and I'm the top one. We have a communal stairwell which has a security door at the bottom that can only be accessed with a key or by one of us buzzing them in.

The Thorntons delivery I got home from work to find a card through my door telling me where they'd left my delivery, with the card clearly saying it was from Thorntons. Now where had they left it, in the rubbish bin outside in the yard. So it was in an unsecured area (despite them having been in a secured area), in a shared rubbish bin, despite them knowing it contained food and there being the paper recycling bins next to it, and it being the day the bins were emptied (thankfully the wrong week for that bin). <doh><doh>

The one from Amamzon they'd learnt from the previous one, that time they left it on my landing, but just to be extra safe with it hid it by leaning it against the wall and then standing my doormat in front of it so you couldn't see it. <doh>

11. TurkeyTeeth™

TurkeyTeeth™ Well-Known Member

Yodel are shocking. Had to ring to re-arrange delivery three times, waited in for them and they never turned up on any of these occasions.
    Got through to their complaints department. Told me they would raise an investigation and get back to me in 24 hours. 48 hours later I had to chase them, and was told that they couldn't find the package and that I would have to ring my supplier (Amazon) to "sort it out".

The only good news was that Amazon agreed an immediate replacement and free next day delivery which thankfully wasn't delivered by Yodel.

12. Cityswall

Cityswall Well-Known Member

If I'm able I always insist on interlink (Depends who it is bought from) as unlike some of the others they at least have a clue and employ folks who can do their job.

It does amaze me how some of these brain dead people end up doing jobs they clearly have no skills for in the likes of Yodel.

13. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

My girlfriend does customer service for a company and 90% of her calls are just chasing up failed deliveries by their chosen courier, DX. Sounds like they're all as bad as each other.

14. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

I use DPD and rarely have any problems.

15. Cityswall

Cityswall Well-Known Member

Surprise surprise Interlink and DPD are connected.
    'DPD & Interlink are both owned GeoPost UK ltd which itself is the UK arm of LaPoste (which is French) '

So both sister companies have a clue then. Maybe others should see how they manage it.

16. Mr Hatem

Mr Hatem Well-Known Member

PLT has a girlfriend? real or imaginary? ;)

17. Dr.Stanley O'Google, HCFC

Dr.Stanley O'Google, HCFC Well-Known Member

DX - is that 'Delivered Exactly'?

The other day. one of their trucks nearly ran me and my wee dog over. (Swinging out, to take a corner at ridiculous speed........)

18. HHH

HHH Well-Known Member

I had similar problems with DHL. I arranged a delivery on a day I was off work after a couple of previous failed attempts.

Checked the website which told me the package was dispatched from Leeds at 8:50 so I sat at home and waited all day. Didn't even want to risk taking a shower or a ****.

Then I rechecked the website it said 4.10 delivery attempted no answer at address. Like **** they tried.

You can waste a full day waiting for these things and half the time they don't even arrive.

19. BrAdY

BrAdY Well-Known Member

DPD are ****ing fantastic, they have never let me down once, although one time they were half an hour late, but that's not a tragedy

20. Edelman

Edelman Well-Known Member

I hate internet shopping it's for lazy bastards.
    And people who have their groceries delivered I mean do some people ever leave their homes.
    Once ordered a phone and ended up waiting I. 3 days for it.
    Wh y don't people just get off their arses and go to the shops