1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Offical match day thread

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by PINKIE, Aug 5, 2019.

1. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

Yeah he overplays quite often. I do love the fact he does abit of everything though; presses, tackles, dribbles, long passes, lay-offs etc.. he's very well rounded. If Emery can get him to be sharper, more assertive he can develope into a TOP class player.

2. winifred122

winifred122 Well-Known Member

I expected this season to be a two-horse race, just didn't expect it to develop so early....

gooner4ever likes this.
  3. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

What do you all make of the Josh Kronke interview with David Ornstein ? Have to say, I like the fact that Silent Stan seems to have handed over the reins to Josh Kronke, as he's much more vocal and communicative and actually seems like a proper Arsenal fan.

Interesting points from the interview where he says that the defeat in Baku, really sharpened their focus to go and be 'aggressive' in the transfer market, and it sounds like the Kronke's put in some of their own money to make these deals happen.

* When asked whether Arsenal adhered to their self-sustaining model or if finance was injected by their owners Kroenke Sports and Entertainment (KSE), of whom Josh Kroenke is deputy chairman to his father Stan, the 39-year-old said: "I'm not going to go into too much detail - people can read between the lines of being aggressive and what that might mean.

"It's going to be a private matter for us here at the club, but I hope our fans understand that by being aggressive that's exactly what we were.

"Going into the summer we knew we were going to have instruments in place that were going to allow us to be aggressive and they weren't going to be dependent on sales. The guys went out, worked their magic and I'm happy to have them on our side."

You have to say, Josh Kronke, Vinai and Raul played a blinder in this window and got some great business done. I also liked the fact that Josh Kronke says that he has to keep a lid on it when he's watching Arsenal at home because it scares his dogs when he starts yelling <laugh> I know that one, and that shows me that he's really emotionally invested in Arsenal.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49401513

gooner4ever likes this.
  4. TheBear

Yes been thinking the same thing. Josh seems way more hands on than his father.
    It also seems like they actually listened to the fans.

Interesting that he mentioned spending in January wonder if they are still going to chase up Upamaceno?

5. TheBear

I was thinking with Xhaka back in full training he will probably start against Liverpool. Cant help but think I woukld prefe Torreira and Guendouzi. He may be out captain but is he really our best option?

Not a bad player at all - just Torreira is the better defender, Guendouzi offers FAR greater workrate and now Ceballos offers the creativity.

6. TheBear

Yesss Aubamayang is a ****ing Sniper. 1-0

Serioulsy Xhaka has been ****ing invizible soo far this half. Our midfield is getting totally over-run.

7. TheBear

2-0 Aubamayeng with another tidy finish. Quality pass from Ozil in the build up.

8. TheBear

Well mediocre first half. Midfield was over-run for a good 30 mins.. Xhaka has been ****ing useless, Guendouzi making a few errors and feels like Ceballos is constantly outwide.

Nothing is clicking for Pepe - he's come close with his passing and shooting. The guy needs a goal for his confidence.

But we are 2-0 up and I feel like we would've lost this game last Season.<ok>

Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
  9. TheBear

Ugh appaling from Sokratis. 2-1

10. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

WTF is it with you lot and goal kicks? <laugh>

Dier Hard likes this.

11. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

Lulz.

Dier Hard likes this.
  12. TheBear

I dont understand Emery at this point.

Never the same team, never the same shape. Never two good performances in a row.

Quilllogic likes this.
  13. BrunelGooner

BrunelGooner Well-Known Member

Sorry, I've tried to back the manager for so long, but I am Emery Out. There has been miminal improvement since the Wenger days, his system doesn't suit the players we have, he hasn't improved the mentality of the squad, despite being backed heavily in the Summer and getting rid of most of the deadwood, and his substitutions/tactical decisions are costing us dearly. There's not even an improvement in our style of play.

I don't believe he's the man for us.

We need to get rid.

14. TheBear

He doesnt have a system. We have played 442, 442 diamond, 523, 4231 and 433 since he arrived.
    But yeah I am starting to agree - he's very similar to Benitez and like Benitez I think he's incapable of winning the EPL with his constant tinkering.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
  15. BrunelGooner

23 shots. Watford had 23 ****ing shots. Bottom of the league Watford. Watford who'd just sacked their manager. Watford who have been terrible all season.

No excuses for going 2-0 up against the league's bottom side and not winning. Utterly embarrassing.

Quilllogic likes this.
  16. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Utter ****ing shambles that 2nd half. Once of the worst I've seen from us in a long time.

We did everything wrong. There was zero cover in the middle for Torreira, the defending was atrocious and when we did get in their final 3rd we just gave them the ball back and left ourselves open to the counter.

The GK routine needs ****ing binning off now, it's ****.

To be 0-2 up at HT and spend the last couple of minutes hanging on for a draw is ridiculous. These players need a ****ing massive kick up the arse after this performance.

Quilllogic likes this.
  17. ----HistoryRepeating----

----HistoryRepeating---- Well-Known Member

You forgot to mention the subs............

18. BrunelGooner

Sorry I got it wrong, Watford had 31 shots against us today - the highest since Opta records began in 2003/2004. It wasn't even this bad under Wenger...

19. Markthehorn

Markthehorn Well-Known Member

Yet you could argue the goals we did score are down to your mistakes .

Your goalie actually did well and some shots were blocked .

An impressive side attacking wise but I just hate teams trying to play it around at the back.

Rarely works .

20. TheBear

Yeah the subs made no sense at all. Taking Ceballos off!? One of the few guys who just didnt give the ball away.