1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Oh dear

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by Chris-Gashead, Nov 30, 2011.

1. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Mango said you get your figures wrong sometimes,so I have to state the obvious so "gasheads" know it's not down to us poor REDS......You know what I mean....:emoticon-0103-cool:

2. Bluebaldee

Bluebaldee Total Git

<ghost><ghost><ghost>It was a ghost mod - be very afraid!

3. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

chris, 1 thread been locked. another some how was locked but i re-opened it. your thread 'typical' was getting out of hand. the matter was calmed, so i thought. therefore had no choice but to close it. its not all threads as you say. just 1 thread out of how many on our board? definately no power surge. as for banter, you know im involved as much as the next guy.

4. Tom_BCFC

Tom_BCFC Billy Bibbit
    Forum Moderator

5. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

mango says that about me as he is really paul buckle. he loves making excuses for why he is getting it all wrong on the attendance thread :)

6. Chris-Gashead

Chris-Gashead Well-Known Member

My post isn't necessarily directed at u cjs, just seems a lot of threads being deleted for little reason. We all joke about on here, and nothing is personal, not from me anyway. Don't feel there is a need to close threads when it will just spill to the next thread anyway

7. Mangadoogas

Mangadoogas Member

That was a cheap one Wize!!

CJS, knows i'm only pulling his chain because i keep getting it wrong!!!!

8. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Mango,times are tough and we've got to get the economy right..<laugh> and it's nice to hear an honest "gashead" admit he get's it wrong sometimes,we don't get that very often...:emoticon-0184-tmi:

9. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

<ok> i do understand your point if its aimed at other boards. some mods on other boards do delete an awful lot.
    however if your point is aimed at our board then i honestly can say i dont understand your point as i only deleted just 1 thread and YOBG just 1 thread. me and YOBG let everything flow on here. most of the time were probably the worse ones on here along with you with the wums. it will be very rare to get a thread deleted on our board as we let things flow. but the way that thread 'typical' was going, i felt i had no choice but to calm that thread down and end that subject. you may have been messing around with banter not being personal. however some may have been and it was getting out of hand. other than that thread its business as usual for us on here.

im sure YOBG dont mind me saying this but if any gashead on here is not happy with our not606 board, please approach me or YOBG or even both of us about it and we will do our best to resolve your issue, no matter what the issue is. even if its about us mods. also let me take this opportunity to say if any gashead is not happy with me being a mod, i will be more than happy to give it up. i didnt really want it in the 1st place. i voted for someone else to have it but it was given to me. im not fussed about being a mod but while i am 1, i do want to take the role seriously if any issues arise which to be fair will be very rare.

10. Chris-Gashead

Chris-Gashead Well-Known Member

I for one am happy for you and yobg to be mods, you are both fair enough. My post was directed at all mods who feel the need to remove posts when the banter turns against them like Leicester and any others like it <ok>. It really is as simple as having a laugh when it's a slow day at work. I'm all for serious threads staying that way if they were intended to be serious in the first place, and will do my best not to stick in a wum in these instances

11. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

thanks <smooch>

i can see why leicester mods got upset as they were getting stick left right and centre from a lot of clubs. was their own doing though as they had people wind up other clubs. but they got to a stage where it was getting out of hand as every thread being infested with wums. i put some in as well lol. i can see why they did it but this site is called not 606 as bbc606 was too strict and the idea behind this site is not to be like bbc606 was. some mods are quite strict hpwever im affraid. i think its because they get it all day from everyone and their trying to protect their board.

12. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

* FORUM RULES

We try to keep rules to the minimum but racism, threats, constant wuming and a basic disrespect for fellow members are the things we ask you to be aware of.

* MODERATION

The best form of moderation is self moderation and we hope all members will feel free to debate, discuss and comment freely but will always respect the views and opinions of others. 2 tools we reccomend are the swear filter and ignore facility.
    At the bottom left of the page is a box with swear/no swearing options and you can choose the option for you.
    If you find a fellow user not to your taste you can ignore them. Go to settings at the top right of the page then on the left you will see edit ignore list, click this, type the user name to ignore and any posts by that user will be blocked on your user page.

* Enjoy the forum and enjoy your board, it is yours and will only be as good as its members so the more you use it the better it becomes.

These are the basic guide lines that are written and I adhere to,Mods are servants of the board and it's members,mods are not here to police,judge,make rules and self moderation by the members themselves is the way it should be..

If banning or closure is necessary then consultation with the members and a couple of pre-warnings as to why I believe is the way to deal with it,as I've said before this is a forum,a public area open to all,not a life threatening situation..

Common sense,a good sense of humour, respect for other participents,a recognition of other peoples loyalties and also self respect are the golden rules and if you don't like that sod off..

Banter,WUM's,good debate,football and general conversation are always welcome on the BCFC board,modding is all about,feeling the pulse of your members,creating interest,trying to grow the size of participation,staying in the background as much as possible but be available to support and control when required and staying true to your own values but always be prepared to listen to others,support your own board and remembering it not just a blame game...

13. Lan Logger

Lan Logger Well-Known Member

get a room cjs and chrissy..................................

14. Mangadoogas

Mangadoogas Member

I agree Lan, Love is in the air!! (but is this wrong if Chris is indeed CJS's love child)

15. gas

gas ACCOUNT DELETED
    Forum Moderator

This thread has gone slightly askew,can't we get back to the subject of the ****heads going bust again next year. It will be the 30th anniversary of the last time they became extinct. :D

16. Lan Logger

Lan Logger Well-Known Member

dream on :)

17. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

There is a difference between having debt which is owed to the owner and having the asset values both in stadium and player values to support it,which BCFC have,then you have the "gasheads" who because they are a much smaller operation,lower crowds,lower division,lower expectations,rent their ground therefore no stadium assets,players have no financial value and they also have enormous debt for their size and low turnover.

The "gas" are in a far more onerous position than BCFC,perhaps they will go bust before they hit non-league football,I hope not but it's looking very serious for them from what I hear..

18. Mangadoogas

Mangadoogas Member

19. gas

gas ACCOUNT DELETED
    Forum Moderator

I can't imagine a load of players tearing up their contracts to save the club like last time, as I don't beleive players these days have as much honour or loyalty for their respective clubs as they used to.

Did t the Ashton Gate Eight ever get compensated or even thanked?

:D

20. Bluebaldee

Bluebaldee Total Git

I think that 82 are just getting round to giving Gerry Gow a testimonial - 29 years too late.

The whole situation broke some of those men. A disgusting way to behave.