1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Old films you have enjoyed

Discussion in 'Shrewsbury' started by Zenfootball2, Sep 27, 2019.

1. Zenfootball2

Zenfootball2 Active Member

has anyone watched an old film they had forgoten about or stumbled across ?
    i enjoy watching the old films from the 40's .50's and 60's , its a bit of nostalgia and i enjoy watching the old veichles.
    this was an enjoyable film i stumbled across on you tube.. the clouded yellow 1950 with Trevor Howard and Jean Simmons , this is an enjoyable thriler to watch on a wet evening.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Clouded_Yellow
    "After leaving the British Secret Service, David Somers (Trevor Howard) finds work cataloging butterflies at the country house of Nicholas and Jess Fenton. (The "clouded yellow" of the title is a rare species of butterfly.) After the murder of a local gamekeeper, suspicion wrongly falls on their niece, Sophie Malraux (Jean Simmons).

Somers helps Sophie to escape arrest and they go on the run together, Somers using his secret-service skills and contacts to evade the police. After a cross-country chase they arrive at Liverpool with the intention of leaving the country by ship. The true identity of the murderer is revealed in a climax on a warehouse roof."

if you like old films then it is worth tuning in to talkingpicturestv (tptv) is on freview, freestat and sky

2. Matster

Matster Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Akira Kurosawa's Severn Samurai is a great film from the past that shows samurai coming into help a village defend against bandits for money, but beginning to feel for the poverty in the village.

Zenfootball2 likes this.