1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours United's ever on going rebuild , are we nearly there yet?

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Chief, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Why not?

It's a squad game, I'd like to see the likes of Tuanzebe given a go.

As it goes, I reckon a three man defence including Lindelof could work, with Shaw and Dalot as wing backs, but truth is that Dalot is not that great defensively and Wan Bissaka is an actual proper defender so I'd favour a back four.

Plus it's very defensive and weakens midfield.

It's all guess work anyway, just my personal preference. Got nothing against Lindelof as such.

2. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Well that was ****. Beaten at home to Cardiff final game. Predictable football once again with very little (if any) quality.

Thank God that season is over. Serious clear out needed and good riddance.

Well done to City on retaining the title under immense pressure. Doesn't need saying but miles ahead of us.

One other thing, watching United at the moment there are serious concerns about Ole as manager. He's inherited some mercenaries and poor quality players so maybe he can point to that, but he'll be bringing in players and he needs to show early next season the task isn't too much for him tbh.

3. glazerfodder

glazerfodder Well-Known Member

Despite the inevitable clamour in the press for him to go - 'not up to the job, big mistake etc etc' we have to give him a season or two two build his own side and then judge him. Personally, I would risk going with our academy youngsters and telling the likes of Pogba, Martial and Sanchez to **** off. I bet the results would be better and the youngsters would spill blood for the shirt.

HRH Custard VC likes this.
  4. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Did you actually watch it? Had the City game on first half but had promised my middle 'un a bike ride so didn't watch any of the second half.

We need a major clear out. Massively.

I said at the time it was a mistake giving him the job before he had actually done the job and I think they way the season fizzled out proves that.
    We're now in the completely predictable situation where we need to commit to a man who doesn't look up to the job. It was obvious.

The way the club is run is a joke; our last three managers, two were out of work and one was managing in Norway.
    What the does that tell you?

That whoever recruits is utterly ****ing clueless. That is across the board, player recruitment included.

We've got to support Ole and hope he gets it right.

The only alternative is they get rid of him now and get a man who is up the job in immediately and I do not trust that they wouldn't just **** that up anyway.

5. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I switched it on at 35 mins and watched the rest of the game. I missed the pen decision but heard it was harsh (and that was from SS so bloody hell must've been for them to say it for us!). I don't usually say this but thought the referee was an absolute ****. Which was kind of ironic given Cardiff were the ones who got the rub of the green for once!

As far as our performance this is just my opinion but there are 3 main problems which all combine to make us **** going forward.

1) Predictable football easy to defend for Cardiff, far too central trying to go through the middle all the time.
    2) Just no pace in midfield. Not even talking about pace with the ball, but the speed of passing in midfield. No movement from the players. So pedestrian.
    3) Poor passing. Can't find players in the final third or in the box - a lot of this is because of 1) and 2).

It's just dire but when Ole gets his players in, I'd like to see him on the touchline taking control a lot more. Either way, he has to show he's up to the task. If I'm being honest, I kind of hope he resigns now. May seem harsh but I'm not filled with confidence.

Good point about our last 3 managers. I'd not realised that but it's damning for a club like United. Which other big club would employ 3 managers in that position.

6. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Check this out.

Digest this.

Screenshot_20190512-183111_BBC Sport.jpg

7. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

T H I R T Y T W O P O I N T S.

8. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Reminds me of the table in big Ron's time tbh. But at least we played better football then!

9. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

And last season Liverpool finished 25 points behind the same team. Amazing what difference a season can make <ok>

10. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

That's ridiculously misplaced optimism, fair play.

11. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Did you think Liverpool would make up that gap and then go beyond (points wise) this season?

Ok Klopp had a few seasons under his belt and 10 of his own players in the squad but I hope Ole can make up at least half the gap in his first full season.

12. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Did I think the team that reached the champions league final and then threw £75 million just at their missing link would improve?

Yeah mate, I did.

United spent (relatively) **** all last summer and we stood still, unsurprisingly. Dalot and a third choice keeper wasn't going to turn us into a title winning side.

Unless we spend £200million (we won't) this summer, nothing will change.

13. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

I agree but that £75M missing link was actually

van Dyke
    Alisson
    Fabinho
    Keita
    Shaquiri

If we can get the same kind of missing link for £75m I will be delighted.
    I don't expect us to get anywhere City or Liverpool in one season but I do expect us to get back in the CL, we could have done it this season quite easily regardless of the piss poor first half and end.

14. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

No, the missing link was Allison for £75 million. Which is why I used the word 'just'.

I wasn't even talking about the rest of them.

And you asked if I thought they'd improve?

15. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

At the end of last season.

Easy to see improvement after the event, are you of the opinion we will stand still again this transfer window?

16. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Until I'm proven wrong, yes, that's exactly what I expect.

I have zero faith in Woodward or the Glazers to do the right thing and spend any money well.

17. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Allegedly looking for a DoF so certainly a step in the right direction.

18. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

It's all arse backwards, they should have sought out a director of football first and then appointed the manager.

Instead, they rushed Ole in and didn't get the man above him to help him out.

What happens if they do appoint and DF who has completely different ideas to Solskjaer and they're immediately at odds with each other?

The supposed idea behind giving Ole the job so soon was so he could work on his transfer targets.

The elephant in the room is that there is no DF to work with him and we have now failed to get champions league football anyway, so those targets will have to be altered to some extent, if not all extents.

Typical current United, haven't got a ****ing clue.

19. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

I honestly think the point of making him manager when they did was to see the players reaction and act accordingly over the summer.
    Can you imagine what would have happened if we had carried on doing well while the players were fighting for security until season end? We (Woodward etc) would have thought things were ok for next season (the odd tweak here and there) and appointed Ole anyway. Come start of next season the players feel safe and revert to type too late to do anything about it.
    At least now they all know the job required.

20. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

They'd started to play ****e before the appointment was made permanent anyway, whether it was because they knew and took their foot off the gas or not, I don't know.

So, what we're saying is the club have knowingly taken a massive leap of faith in entrusting Ole with rebuilding the whole club?

Fair enough. Be interesting to see how it turns out.