1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

[OMT] Tottenham Hotspur v Fulham

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by THFC6061, Apr 13, 2014.

1. Spudulike

Spudulike Well-Known Member

It was a hypothetical statement, not wishful thinking I assure you :emoticon-0127-lipss

2. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Oh, I don't know, I wouldn't mind seeing Sherwood in charge for 140 games. As long as he's not in charge of Spurs, of course.

3. Boss

Boss Son of Pulis

Come one Fla, I know you have admired Sherwoods management at some point, don't let others stop you believing in Sherwood!

4. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

So who will take charge for the Stoke game while Sherwood recovers in hospital?

5. Boss

Boss Son of Pulis

<laugh>

It wouldn't surprise if they are having a laugh at our expense as we know Sandro is the club joker.

6. humanbeingincroydon

I wouldn't be surprised if this was the last thing Dim Sherwood ever saw...

please log in to view this image

7. Boss

Boss Son of Pulis

Garth Crooks, On Final ScoreTottenham 3-1 Fulham

8. humanbeingincroydon

As if playing Year Walk didn't provide enough nightmare fuel...

9. Boss

Boss Son of Pulis

How are we feeling about Harry Kane and his future after YV was ridiculed for suggesting he should start games towards the end of the season, as not only did Sherwood listen to YV, but Kane has been scoring. Is this proof he has a future at the club as backup, or will he be sold anyway and this is just a minor run of good form?

10. Roo

Roo Well-Known Member

Regardless of form, we are in desperate need for a DM to play. Sandro is that man, so saying he's not worthy of a place in the team atm, is ridiculous.

11. Boss

Boss Son of Pulis

The manager decides whos worthy of a place. Not the fans! or the players so we don't fully know what happens on the training ground (other then Soldado scoring for fun).

12. PleaseNotPoll

Forum Moderator

Oh, come on Boss, our shape's appalling, our best player is out of position and our defence has no cover.
    We're beating teams based purely on the fact that we've got far better offensive players than them. When we face anyone decent with a plan, we lose.

13. Spudulike

Spudulike Well-Known Member

Ok, if you want me to be serious, I'll credit him for getting the best out of Adebayor. I'll also credit him for giving Harry Kane a few opportunities and looks a bright prospect. On the flipside, he's turned our defence into a shambles. So the two cancel each other out.

14. Boss

Boss Son of Pulis

Sandro is my favourite spurs player in the current squad, there isn't a person in world football (even Sherwood) who actually believes he isn't good enough for the 1st team but even with that in mind, there could have been an issue on the training ground or Sandro may have been slack in training, he could have been struggling so Sherwood is being a WUM by saying "he isn't currently good enough", he probably said that with a wry smile.

15. PleaseNotPoll

Forum Moderator

He said it in two different interviews (BT, BBC) and he did so with a totally straight face.
    Didn't look like he was joking and he didn't look massively put out.

I just don't think that he gets holding midfielders, somewhat bizarrely. The big bloody hole in front of our back four would suggest that this is the case, too.

16. Boss

Boss Son of Pulis

This is what Sherwood said before about Sandro

It may have been a while back but he does rate him but Sherwood at the moment is coming out with all sorts of BS, even if he doesn't believe what hes saying.

17. Boss

Boss Son of Pulis

I just watched that Interview and in the interview Sherwood also said "I like the kid and he has qualities, I'm just picking people ahead of him"..plus if was a manager and a player went on twitter and said "i'm not injured" then I would bring him down a peg or two as the interviewer mentioned the twitter remark by Sandro so that would have wound Sherwood up.

18. Roo

Roo Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say he deserves the credit for getting the best out of Ade, FLA. As the past shows, all Ade really cares about is himself.

Ade's form (until the last 2 games or so) was about him sticking 2 fingers up to AVB for leaving him in the cold. Ade is a very talented player, when he wants to be.
    Sherwood might look like the guy who's brought Ade back to life, but it wouldn't have mattered who was in charge. Ade's just been on one of his "point proving" missions, where he plays well for a period of time, and gives his thanks to the new manager in the process. When, in reality, he's just pulled his finger out of his arse, tried hard, and not caused problems for a bit.

19. Boss

Boss Son of Pulis

Sherwood himself never took credit for Adebayor, he said "hes a top player and Adebayor deserves the credit not me" but in reality they both have to thank each other, Sherwood will be thanking Adebayor for the goals while Adebayor will be thanking Sherwood for giving him a chance to return, and as we saw with AVB, a different manager could have clashed with Adebayor and also under AVB, Adebayor struggled last year so having the right manager is key to getting the best out of certain players.

20. Roo

Roo Well-Known Member

I wasn't talking about Sherwood saying it.
    FLASpur mentioned that he/we could credit Sherwood for getting the best out of Adebayor, which, with Ade being the person he can be, isnt something that us fans should necessarily give credit to sherwood for.