1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

[OMT] Tottenham Hotspur v West Bromwich Albion

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by THFC6061, Apr 8, 2014.

1. Spurf

Spurf Thread Mover
    Forum Moderator

I saw that The Raid 2 Morocco with Bob Hope & Bing Crosby.

[video=youtube;V_w3UG6C_Mo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=V_w3UG6C_Mo[/video]

2. maggie blanchflower

maggie blanchflower Well-Known Member

:laugh: that brings back memories!

3. bigsmithy9

bigsmithy9 Well-Known Member

Memories indeed!Made me remember the Wood Green Gaumont for our Saturday morning "pictures"!

Boooooooooo!!!!!Hoooraaay!!!!!! Now we do it at The Lane.........!

4. yidokev

yidokev Active Member

The most embarassing thing about today was the spurs fans singing during the minutes silence

5. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Did they? I didn't see it, as someone decided to show the Stoke game during that part of the run in.
    Very poor behaviour.

6. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

Wasn't mentioned on motd, sky or online.....surprises me if true...we are normally very respectful of things like that
    Edit...some reports of fans singing on concourse while being unaware of the minutes silence had started...then stopping when made aware...not the same thing as ignoring it imo...that would have been a ****ish

7. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

RCL just reminded me of something with his post about Sherwood throwing the ball at Sagna on the other thread.
    There was an incident where we were trying to speed up West Brom's time wasting yesterday when one of our players repeatedly threw the ball to one of theirs, waiting for a throw in.
    The opposition bloke simply headed it back, doing so three or four times, yet somehow escaped without a booking.

I'm all for punishing sides in other ways, as Swarbrick did yesterday by adding on six minutes, but there's absolutely no consistency with these things.
    Keepers always take the piss with it, diving is either reprimanded or cautioned, depending on which way the wind's blowing, and some refs add on the time while others don't.
    I have no idea why there's such disparity between officials. Keepers failing to stay anywhere near their line on penalties is another example...

8. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

My first away game of the season was definitely an eventful one!

Dreadful start to the game, Danny Rose needs to go now, a terrible, terrible footballer, it's ok to use the no cover aspect as an excuse but a defender should still be able to do certain basics and quite frankly, Danny Rose is basically ****. Chiriches was also horrendous and Kaboul didn't cover himself in glory. I thought Fryers was good when he came on, really hope Sherwood gives him more opportunities. Ade's penalty was a disgrace, I don't like placed penalties, just smash the darn thing, if the keeper saves it chances are it's going to be parried out due to the force of the shot, when your hitting them as tame as Ade did then Foster shows it's easily to pounce and keep hold of. Speaking of Foster, what a time wasting little **** he is, taking a sip of his drink before a goal kick, walking like a granddad to every other goal kick, telling the ball boys to slow down and even held onto the ball when we got our late equaliser - a clear sign he was worried we'd nick it.

The midfield came alive in the second half, Lennon finally started attacking his full back a bit more and the rest of the midfield were knocking it around well. Chuffed for Kane to score on his second consecutive start, he's probably shown more in his two starts than Soldado has all season, not looking good for the Spaniard. Eriksen, it's fair to say left us with a heart-in-mouth moment, when the ball came down to him I was shouting "SHOOOOOOT" and thought his drag back would allow a WBA defender to close him down but what a finish! We really have a special lad on our books, our next manager MUST build our team around him, similar to the days of Modric as this guy not only creates, he can finish too.

Us fans were excellent, even at 3-0 down many of us were still singing, there were a few twats that left at 30 odd minutes and the occasional dickhead around us was calling everyone a **** but you get knob heads like that at all games. Even though we shouldn't exactly be celebrating a 3-3 draw with a team battling relegation, the manner in which it was achieved meant for a great day of entertainment, me and the boys left the Hawthorns on buzz.

Also for the record, I noticed someone mention about our fans singing during the minutes silence, not that I'm defending them but the ones who were singing were all still in the tunnels, a few people from the stands were trying to shush them but I'd like to think they didn't realise the minutes silence was in effect.

9. redwhiteandermblue

redwhiteandermblue Well-Known Member

Great minds...

Overall it was an entertaining game that I enjoyed. The results are near enough to meaningless that coming back from three goals down to snatch a point was fun. But I have a rant or two:

I've got to say Sherwood's comments the other day were remarkably hoof-in-mouth. "We're technically inferior to..." Yes, and that's why they invented tactics: so that you can get results against better teams. You should try them some times "...but we're better than..." (or whatever the f**k he said, that's what I got out of it) Never say that. It makes your team think all they have to do is show up (which it looks like everyone believed), and gets the other team fired up. Also, they just might try to use some tactics themselves.

I don't know what to say about the comedy defending, except that it ought to be largely sorted by one thirty second speech: "We want to play football and play it out to keep possession--FOR THE MOST PART. When we're in a sufficient amount of trouble we need to put a foot through the ball. Also, everyone is now hovering around waiting for our bridge-too-far-back-passes. Don't make them anymore."

But I see more plusses than minuses in this game. As mothman says, you can't say it's dull these days. I thought the hard part would be to get this team scoring goals, which we're doing. (On the other hand, I would have thought the easy thing would be to keep the farcical defending down to reasonable levels, and that's been going on for what seems like months...not to mention the idea that Adebayor and not Eiriksen would take a pen is beyond comprehension.)

10. yidokev

yidokev Active Member

Yes it was on the concourse so the tv wouldn't pick it up but all the spurs fans heard. They didn't stop either. As football fans they shouldve been aware.