1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

[OMT] Tottenham Hotspur v West Ham United

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by THFC6061, Apr 27, 2014.

1. No Kane No Gain

No Kane No Gain Well-Known Member

Last week it was the results that were all important, this week he loses and it's all the players' fault.

Everyone could see that a selection and system that gets outplayed by 10 man Stoke probably needs to be changed for the next game. Only Tim didn't think so with one change as the presumably injured Chadli being like-for-like swapped with Sigurdsson. I'm not defending the players, their mistakes were horrendous and they should've known better but were it not for Lloris we could've lost by another 2 or 3 and at somepoint that has to come down to the manager. Players also tend to make mistakes under pressure and we were under pressure right from the start as once again we seemed totally under prepared for the threat the opposition carry. Hughes and Allardyce have both out thought our manager in these games, Hughes managing to dominate with 10 men, whilst Allardyce showed Sherwood that it is actually possible to win against a team with 10 men without gifting the opposition chance after chance.

Sherwood's right though, I don't judge him just on this game. He's made the same mistakes so many times that this is just another game where we started slowly, couldn't defend and struggled to impose ourselves in midfield.

2. PowerSpurs

PowerSpurs Well-Known Member

It's sort of not Tim's fault because as YV has pointed out the problem was the number of new signings/loan returnees. However I don't agree about the players, they are well capable of beating the dross most of the time and just need a bit more consistency to turn into a really good team but that actually requires a manager who understands tactics (there is very little evidence that this is Tim). The two 1-0 losses to Arsenal did the real damage - if we'd won both those 1-0 we'd be sitting in 4th currently - fine margins.

3. vimhawk

vimhawk Well-Known Member

Er.... what about the penalty we should have had? What about the fact that we got absolutely nothing out of the ref? People are so keen to jump on the anti-Sherwood/Levy bandwagon that they are not even bothering to defend our team! The idea of actually being glad to lose a match is bizarre. Anyway, the messiah lost at Old Trafford (against a team we recently stuffed by the way) so we are still likely to get Europe and good job too. If you don't like the competition don't watch it. Do some of you actually enjoy being annoyed?

4. Moorpheus19

Moorpheus19 Well-Known Member

That's a rather large 'if' I think you'd agree - and in fairness, those sorts of points can be made about any match. If Adebayor had scored with that shot after 5 minutes, we might have won the game today.

Arsenal were playing well both times they beat us - I don't recall us thinking we were too unlucky in either match.

5. PowerSpurs

It can't have been a clear goalscoring opportunity because Downing had the ball! More fool Kaboul for running into him. he should have just let Lloris save it

6. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

Yes, you're right! I am anti- Sherwood, because he hasn't got a clue, AND is too stupid to stop making the same mistakes over and over again. Yes, Levy carries the responsibility for appointing him - compounding his disastrous appointment of AVB.

Whoever outside of Manchester said Giggs was a messiah? But, I 'll bet you he'll make a far better manager than Sherwood will ever make.

Yes, I'm annoyed. Annoyed at losing 5-0 to bloody Allardyce's Spammers over two games. Is there some reason I shouldn't be annoyed about that?

7. SpursDisciple

SpursDisciple Booking: Mod abuse - overturned on appeal
    Forum Moderator

Thanks to Utd being terrible today, we will now get 6th. Only need a point at home to Villa.

8. bigsmithy9

bigsmithy9 Well-Known Member

Come on Villa!!!!!!!

9. yidokev

yidokev Active Member

so what would everybody else have done different today?

bear in mind before the sending off it was 0-0 so although we weren't playing well it wasn't a disaster

Sandro in for Paulinho or Sigurdsson (no problem with that)
    Eriksen behind Adebayor, then who plays left
    Fryers for Rose??
    Who plays right back because Naughton is crap?

Then we're down to 10 men, how's he change it?? (I'm sure we'd all make the same sub Chriches for Kane 4-4-1)

I keep seeing on here that Sherwood makes the same mistakes but I seriously think he's limited with the options he has

10. bigsmithy9

Annoyed?Are you kidding?What Spurs fan is going to admit we have had a good season?We've been blowing hot and cold all season....look at our goal difference.Bloody terrible!
    If it wasn't for the PL producing the most bizarre results together with a really open championship,we would have finished below halfway,where we belong!How on earth should we be finishing 6th or 7th?Beats me.

Mind you,we have probably saved Fat Sam from getting the sack.Who says we aren't a charitable team?

11. bigsmithy9

May have saved Wenger's bacon as well.....

12. Sanj

Sanj Well-Known Member

Winning the EL next season, gets you into the CL. So there is an extra incentive.

13. bigsmithy9

You don't win it if your managers turn it into a tournament for your reserves!

14. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

should have removed adebayor instead of kane after the sending off.
    should not be playing naughton.
    should not be playing rose.
    we were **** before the sending off ... that is down to his set up of the team.

15. PowerSpurs

We've got 66 points already - that would get us 6th at least, most seasons. We've been very inconsistent but we've won a lot of matches too.

16. yidokev

yidokev Active Member

should have removed adebayor instead of kane after the sending off - nobody would have said that at the time
    should not be playing naughton. - who else, please tell me another right back we have
    should not be playing rose. - and left back must be the mighty Fryers
    we were **** before the sending off ... that is down to his set up of the team - it what way did he set up wrong

17. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

I did ... so did did those I was with ... adebayor has looked out of sorts for weeks ... since the Sunderland match he has set up a goal v stoke and I think that is about it.

He was our manager in January ... he chose to not bring in any cover at right back ... a position that has been a problem all season

He was our manager in January ... he chose to....see above

Dawson and Kaboul should not have played together...Dawson is too slow and Kaboul has been out of sorts for months. He started with Paulinio instead of Sandro (a major problem imo) and he played adebayor instead of resting an out of form player.

he was out thought by fat sam ... again and we were out played from minute one. Your liking for sherwood is blinding you to the obvious in my honest opinion

18. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

We have 66 points, which is 14 or 12 less than our supposed rivals - who, incidentally have played a game less. Our goal difference is a joke. We have lost two premiership games to Allardyce by an aggregate of 5-0! Amongst other embarrassing losses and near misses, etc. But. Apart from those minor details, this season has been a roaring success!

19. yidokev

yidokev Active Member

I did ... so did did those I was with ... adebayor has looked out of sorts for weeks ... since the Sunderland match he has set up a goal v stoke and I think that is about it. - Saying it and doing it are two different things, if he had taken off adebayor he would've got destroyed

He was our manager in January ... he chose to not bring in any cover at right back ... a position that has been a problem all season - how do you know he was allowed to bring anybody in

He was our manager in January ... he chose to....see above - see above

Dawson and Kaboul should not have played together...Dawson is too slow and Kaboul has been out of sorts for months. He started with Paulinio instead of Sandro (a major problem imo) and he played adebayor instead of resting an out of form player. - give over Kaboul and Dawson was the perfect choice to play against Carroll

he was out thought by fat sam ... again and we were out played from minute one. Your liking for sherwood is blinding you to the obvious in my honest opinion - Don't like Sherwood not good enough, your head is buried in the sand if you think a new manager will get this group of players into the top 4

20. PowerSpurs

All of whom have much more resources than us. We've got the sixth highest turnover, pay the sixth highest wages and are going to come sixth. This despite having lost our best player, having 11 new players to assimilate, above average injuries and having changed our manager to an idiot during the season (and having a different idiot in charge before that according to most on here). It's a miracle, surely.