1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

On the issue of young players

Discussion in 'Celtic' started by anportmorbhoy, Jan 25, 2010.

1. anportmorbhoy

anportmorbhoy Well-Known Member

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,1831_5884760,00.html

Good to see this lad getting games - but he is a talent IMO

I live down in Bristol and always keep an eye out for Swindon since he and the "hutch" went there - he is always getting very good ratings

I think given the central midfield has been another revolving door postition for us in recent years (about 15 players must have been given a go in the last 4 years) we could do worse than give this lad a go!!

Yes maybe next year he'll come back - but its more likely he'll have enjoyed playing week in week out and not want to come back

Also on the issue i see the "hutch" has been sent back to us having scored just once for them!!!

Also Cuthbert has been a revelation for them - we gave him away for nothing as we struggle with centre halves at the min

Also while im at it Hartley has been getting rave reveiws from the City fans - even big bad evander sno has done alright for them!!

2. Bhoy From Brum

Bhoy From Brum Well-Known Member

With respect Swindon/Bristol is a million miles from Celtic, in terms of Hartley, Sno & Cuthbert. Which doesn't look good for Hutchinson!!! Probably sent back by Swindon <laugh>

Cuthbert is not a big centrehalf, if he made it at Celtic it would have been rightback IMO & was behind Hinkel, Wilson & Caddis.

Has Ferry been injured a few seasons? I know they were hoping that he's be in contention for the first team now. If he could have gone out there last year he might be in with a shout.....but with the recent signings of Nguemo, Dave, ZZ added to Brown & Crosas are can't see him being kept unless we fail to get Nguemo permanently or let ZZ go in the summer.

3. anportmorbhoy

anportmorbhoy Well-Known Member

Brum - granted Swindon aint the best - although it says a lot that they dont want Hutchinson <laugh>

I would say Bristol City in the Championship is on a par if not better than the SPL. They have been in and about the play offs the last few years (lost one nil to hull in the final when they were promoted)

So if they can do it at that level they could do it at celtic

4. Bhoy From Brum

Bhoy From Brum Well-Known Member

I'm not saying that because its only Swindon/Bristol they wouldn't do a job here.

I just think Ferry has to perform miracles to get a shot at a first team squad with all those infront of him in the pecking order.

Cuthbert was decent, but more an atheletic type player who was more suited to fullback than an imposing centreback that we need. He's a better play than Swindon & I fully expect him to be a decent champioship player over the coming years, I saw him drop a few clangers mind!!

TBH I thought Sno would turn in to a good player. Like the above it may take a few yerars of climbing the ladder again to reach it. He was managed terrible by Strachan IMO. He was never eased into Scottish football & the Celtic team over time, he was just thrown in against the best of the best in the CL & fans got on his back far too easy because of it.

Hartley was getting on & like Robson his legs were starting to go. Its a good sign we're getting rid of folk at that sort of stage to hopefully allow the likes of Ferry, Grant etc play a few games <ok>