1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

One step closer

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by swantastic, Feb 4, 2012.

1. ThaiCanary

ThaiCanary Well-Known Member

Bolton are easy - that's 6 points we had from them <ok>

2. mustyfrog

mustyfrog Well-Known Member

Bywyd heb Swansea dwi dim yn meddwl

3. mustyfrog

lol the way the wind was blowing may have helped but it was odd that the snow was on our half

4. Norway-jack

Norway-jack Well-Known Member

I did notice that, its a pretty good shout actually. im not sure how the under soil heating works exactly ,wheather its split into different sections or not i dont know but seems very odd that we were under an inch of snow and they wernt! having said that im not sure if it was an advantage or not!!

We deserved the win regardless and WBA are looking a bit iffy at the moment, not sure what games they have coming up but they do say one team falls from grace in the second half of the season,they were 9th at xmas i think ??

5. Kifflom!

Kifflom! Well-Known Member

We rode our luck but as Norway says we were so unlucky against Chelski in the week. Baggies probably deserved a point but that's the way it goes.

Siggy made some essential contributions and probably deserves MOM but gave away possession a fair bit first half (along with Allen). So I'd give it to Taylor who was excellent throughout.

6. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

The Swans support was awesome - they completely and utterly outsang the home fans<ok>

7. crcjack

crcjack Member

Listening on the radio, Siggy sounded awesome, scored one and an assist, even tho not at the match he sounded as if he had a blinder.
    Away support was awesome, well done lads <ok>
    30 points now, we are getting to the safety point. Lets hope we can start signing the top players like Gilfi and Caulker, the way we are playing and the rep our manager has, the futures looking good.

8. Crackerjack

Crackerjack Active Member

Our first " 6 pointer " against a team in the Premier , pretty stoked were at 30 points with 14 remaining .

9. neveroffsidereff

neveroffsidereff Well-Known Member

Just got back from the game, staying with the in-laws in Birmingham. 4" bloody snow outside.

The lads were brilliant today, a very great team performance. My MOM has to go to Siggy, looked a class act, some other notable good performances by Ash etc.

10. Yankee_Jack

Yankee_Jack Well-Known Member

Yes ... wasn't that strange - our half getting white, their half no snow at all. It was difficult to see the ball against the snow towards the end - at least on TV.

In all it was a strange game. We seemed to play at less than full throttle. In fact on the couple of times when we stepped it up a notch we scored. Nonetheless a good win and our first double of the season.

11. Yankee_Jack

Yankee_Jack Well-Known Member

Hey Musty, why don't you try clearing that phlegm in your throat and try again.

12. aswan_dam

aswan_dam Well-Known Member

Thank God for that. I'm fed up with the journalists trotting out the stat that we have the worst away record in the Premier League.

13. aswan_dam

aswan_dam Well-Known Member

Probably more to do with wind direction / shelter from the stands than turning half the undersoil heating off?

14. swanee

swanee Well-Known Member

Yeah, I used to know a few girls like that.

15. jackdan

jackdan Member

Great win today! MOM for me was Sigs...he has fit straight into the team with ease. We have to have do our upmost to sign him come the end of the season. Would love to get Caulker too but that isn't going to happen!!

The best thing apart from now NOT having the worse away record any more is this......we have only lost 1 game in our last 6....to Sunderland.....and those games include Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs!!!!

16. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

We did ride our luck a bit today, but Sigurdsson response to WBA goal, was brilliant, and turned the game, and fair play to Graham, he really worked hard, and deserved the winner, I hope he gets more rub of the green, from here on in, as he deserves more luck in front of goal!............
    please log in to view this image

17. Rhodthesod

Rhodthesod Well-Known Member

Stid, I agree with that looked dodgy

18. mustyfrog

sorry septic

19. swantastic

swantastic Well-Known Member

A day when we could have picked half a dozen mom ! cant ask for much more than that,and the whole team worked hard in freezing conditions and a never say die attitude to bring back what could be a very important 3pts at this stage of the season.
    And did you notice dyers a tough little jack ba****d for a short arse lately ? :emoticon-0165-muscl:emoticon-0146-punch

20. mustyfrog

would have taken allen or britton off before dyer but ce la vie