1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic OT: Getting paid for...(**** thread)

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by BCR, Jan 26, 2011.

?

Bring Back the Snails>

1. Bring back the snails

2. don't bring back the snails

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. moreinjuredthanowen

yes its the make anything up to sell your wares stuff that annoys me.

i hear lemon water might slightly help something.

2. Milk not bear jizz

Milk not bear jizz Grasser-In-Chief

I've been drinking coffee my entire adult life and haven't died once. I can attest to its life savings properties.

Coffee does absolutely make people poop. It's like an instant squeeze on the bowels for me. Only if I have something to poop though. If I drink three or four cups in the morning only the first will make me happily run to the loo.

3. Milk not bear jizz

https://www.menshealth.com/health/why-coffee-makes-you-poop

For the record, I regularly don't drink coffee some days until the afternoon. (Caffeine doesn't impact me like some people... It doesn't alter my alertness or give me headaches when I skip it... I'm pretty much immune to caffeine so don't always drink it at same time. Doesn't act as a pick me up for me... I just like the flavour.)

If I don't drink coffee until the afternoon, I don't poop until the afternoon.

And according to WebMD. Coffee works perfectly well as a hydrator and can count towards your water intake the same as any other drink.
    https://www.webmd.com/parenting/features/healthy-beverages

The whole "coffee doesn't hydrate" is pretty much an old wives tale that science has debunked many times.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
  4. moreinjuredthanowen

ah yeah... so.. empirical evidence time. if you dont have coffee do you still ****.

like the rest of us...

you need a poo schedule and mark coffee down then repeat without coffee and see if you shift the needle.

we need a science based approach not hearsay

5. moreinjuredthanowen

oh and does this lack of coffee in morning coincide with no breakfast etc

6. Milk not bear jizz

Of course I do. But it's more than empirical evidence. There have been studies confirming. Hence link attached confirming.

And, I have breakfast about 5:30am ish. Coffee can be anywhere from 7:00am to 3:00pm depending on how busy work is and if I have time for my coffee ritual. (Cleaning french press and mug I didn't clean the day before... Boiling water... Talking to the girl in the office who seems to always be in the kitchen everytime I go in there... I swear she lives in the break room)

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
  7. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

****ing hell <doh>

8. Milk not bear jizz

I've had two "once a week" sized poops at work today already and it's only noon.

lfcpower and Zanjinho like this.
  9. Muppetfinder General

Muppetfinder General Well-Known Member

The idea that caffeine can cause dehydration can be traced to a study performed in 1928 that noted increased urination in people who drank caffeinated beverages, and suggested that caffeine was a diuretic, according to Lawrence Armstrong, a professor in the Department of Kinesiology at the University of Connecticut and director of the Human Performance Laboratory. The idea spread, and caffeine's reputation as a dehydrating substance was solidified.

But science says it's a bit more complicated than that.

"[T]he truth of the matter is, a small increase in urine output has little to do with dehydrating the body," Armstrong told Live Science.

He added that any increase in fluid input will lead to an increase in urine output. "If you drink a liter of water, [urination] will increase," Armstrong said. "Doesn't mean you shouldn't drink water."

In 2005, Armstrong and a team of researchers set out to put the myth to rest. They controlled the diets of 59 healthy males for 11 days, supplementing their daily consumption with body-mass-appropriate doses of caffeine, administered twice a day via capsule. Throughout the study, the researchers employed 20 different hydration biomarkers, such as urine volume and fluid-electrolyte balance, to assess dehydration.

While previous studies had investigated the effects of caffeine over short periods of time, Armstrong's research was the first to evaluate caffeine consumption for a continuous period longer than 24 hours.

The study found that the evaluated hydration indicators, including urine volume, were similar for all of the treatment groups. This finding demonstrates that caffeine does not have a dehydrating effect when compared to the control group (participants who received a placebo and did not consume any caffeine). The scientists also found that a higher dose of caffeine was no more likely to dehydrate a person than smaller doses were.

According to a 2016 investigation conducted by the University of Washington's Center for Public Health Nutrition, coffee remains the most significant source of caffeine in American diets. Though it doesn't cause dehydration, the stimulant has its share of purported side effects, including rumors that it may stunt people's growth or cause cancer. However, scientific research so far has not supported the idea that caffeine is bad for you, either.

"The fact that we don't have hospital emergency rooms filled [with patients] because they [drank] caffeinated beverages is clear evidence ... If there were negative health effects, [they] certainly would have been identified," Armstrong said. [10 Interesting Facts About Caffeine]

It is possible to consume too much caffeine, but Armstrong said the lethal dose is about 10,000 milligrams in a day. To put that number into perspective, the Mayo Clinic reports that an 8-ounce cup of coffee contains about 95 milligrams of caffeine. So, in order to overdose, you'd have to drink more than 100 cups of coffee in a day.

In fact, some scientific studies show that coffee actually has a number of health benefits.

"There's a lot more in a coffee bean than caffeine," Armstrong said. "The highest antioxidant intake among adults in America comes from coffee."

Research suggests that ingredients in coffee can protect against liver cancer, prevent the development of type 2 diabetes, lower blood pressure, and even combat dementia and depression, Science Newsreported.

Concerns about excessive caffeine consumption, particularly in children and adolescents, as well as harmful interactions with other drugs such as alcohol, require further research. But as it stands, your daily cup of joe isn't going to dehydrate you, and it might just have some added health benefits while getting you through your morning.

https://www.livescience.com/55479-does-caffeine-cause-dehydration.html

Milk not bear jizz likes this.
  10. Milk not bear jizz

There's a website out there (or was a decade or so ago). That lets you pick any caffeinated bevarage (such as coffee, tea, and all sorts of different sodas) and tells you how many you have to drink to kill yourself on caffeine....

... Chances are with a lot of them something else would kill you before the caffeine. I know even drinking too much water will kill you.

Edit.. here we are:

https://www.caffeineinformer.com/death-by-caffeine

As an example it takes 361 cans of cherry coke to kill a 180lb man. Or... It takes 820 cans to kill Zanjino.

11. Red Hadron Collider

I'm glad someone bumped this. I've had two ****s at work this week where my arse has been completely clean after the first wipe - ie nothing on the bog roll after the first wipe. I don't think that's ever happened before in my 60 years on the planet <yikes>

12. organic red

organic red Well-Known Member

FFS :emoticon-0119-puke:

13. Red Hadron Collider

Faggot <laugh>

14. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

If you can't beat them, join them...

15. moreinjuredthanowen

dehydration?

My son has the cleanest arse on the freaking planet. He never has to wipe.

I think he doesn't drink enough. looks very dry upon inspect.

16. Red Hadron Collider

You're ****ing joking <laugh> No, just two exceedingly clean snap-offs <ok>

17. Milk not bear jizz

I hate the poops where you go through half a bogroll and the paper is still coming out brown. Spend ten times as long wiping as you do actually pooping.

18. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Just **** in the shower mate #quicker

19. Red Hadron Collider

A pain in the arse <laugh>

20. lfcpower

lfcpower Well-Known Member

The ones were you think you're done and spend time wiping till the paper stays white but then more fudge babies start to squeeze their way out are the most annoying