1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

OT Rangers

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Blacker-than-Knight, Dec 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blacker-than-Knight

Quite an unusual situation McCoist resigns but because of his contract terms has a 12 months notice period and having taken a 50% pay cut because of the clubs financial problems gets his full salary, so a year more and effective pay increase for chucking in the job!!

2. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

Always liked McCoist. An honest type of bloke.

3. Nolberto's Salsa Inferno

Nolberto's Salsa Inferno Well-Known Member

This ..fair play to him, he took a pay cut to help them out .. they want shot of him..they can pay up

4. Rafa's Championship Party

Rafa's Championship Party Well-Known Member

Think this the point. Something tells me he will go far sooner than next December. Get money on Dennis Wise being the next Rangers manager.

5. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

Darren Peacock’s Ponytail Well-Known Member

I was more hoping the reason why we signed Pardew on a long term contract was so that he could be transferred to Rangers when Fat Mike sells us and takes over there

6. Rafa's Championship Party

Rafa's Championship Party Well-Known Member

Yeah and that sort of appointment would mean we'd end up with someone like Joe Kinnear.

7. Gordonthetoony

Gordonthetoony Well-Known Member

8. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

Darren Peacock’s Ponytail Well-Known Member

Why would it? A new owner wouldn't bring in dross as a manager?!

9. Blacker-than-Knight

Don't see what the problem is, from the article it appears that the SFA are upset because a shareholder and financial backer who is keeping Rangers going has a say in how the club operates, sounds pretty petty really to me, without Ashley's financial backing Rangers would collapse as they cannot generate the revenue to survive.

10. Gordonthetoony

Gordonthetoony Well-Known Member

Maybe the problem is Ashley isn't the major shareholder but his influence doesn't reflect this. After all, he was responsible for sacking board members and putting his guys in. Who knows, but it'll be interesting to see what happens.

11. Blacker-than-Knight

This time last year one of the Rangers fan groups was writing to the major investors asking them to use their voting power to force changes to the board of the club, over the last 2 years the whole saga has been one of almost dysfunctional battles between various parties trying to control the club, the main problem is that none of them have had the real financial ability to inject the capital that the club needed to survive. The reported charges are not just against Ashley but also the Club, when you read the actual wording "Failed to act in the best interest's of football" and "Not acting with the utmost good faith towards the Scottish FA and its member clubs" it is all a bit woolly to me, bit like a kid crying cause his brother was being mean, however Ashley is viewed which has more to do with this I think than his actual actions he has kept Rangers going because without his money they would have been back in Admin and heading for big sanctions again which may have buried the club for good. I also find the idea that a shareholder of any business shouldn't have influence over the operation of the business to be rather disingenuous, all shareholders have a level of influence sometimes as is the case here maybe it is not proportionate to the shareholding, I do wonder if the fuss that has been made would be the same had this been Abramovich, Mansour or Kroenke. Scottish football is not exactly in the best of shape and you would think that the SFA would be concerned that one of the 2 major clubs is in real danger of disappearing altogether, the SFA, FA, UEFA and FIFA may control football but they don't seem to act in the best interests of the clubs and their survival at times and are disconnected from the fans in reality.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.