1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

OT: Who is voting UKIP?

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by ProjectVRD, May 7, 2014.

1. ProjectVRD

ProjectVRD Well-Known Member

This is a democracy, you won't get any stick from me for saying so. In fact, I see through most of the left wing slurs just as I do through the right wing slurs.

It has become apparent to me recently that there are a heck of a lot of people 50 and above who are going to vote UKIP, having discussed with friends and work colleagues it almost unanimous that our parents and grand parents are in support of Farage's party policies on the EU.

Anyone here also voting UKIP?

2. mustyfrog

mustyfrog Well-Known Member

from what I hear on the radio Farage seems quite popular

3. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

Ok I will be the first to jump and say yes I will be voting UKIP in the european elections.

4. mustyfrog

if I still lived there I would also

5. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

I'll vote UKIP if somebody cuts Farage's tongue out.

I find this person a very dangerous man and similar to the BNP, although not as extreme.
    I won't be voting in the euro elections mainly brcayse I haven't received info from any of the parties.

Edit; Typos from phone.

6. ThaiCanary

ThaiCanary Well-Known Member

Ditto

I am all too often saddened reading the news and seeing what is happening in the UK.

It has become apparent to me recently that there are a heck of a lot of people 50 and above who are going to vote UKIP

I recall and old saying - people tend to get more right wing, the older they get, and while UKIP are not to the extreme of the right, they certainly are to the right, so this comes as no surprise, given that the three main players have done such a great job of cocking the country up <ok>

7. mustyfrog

big news in Thailand I hear Thai, she has been sacked and new PM announced. More violence to follow methinks

8. Mono

Mono Well-Known Member

I don't want to vote. I don't find an option that I care to tick.

I just want a few things that no party has in their manifesto...

A child benefit permit system that a couple apply for that would grant the applicant access to benefits based on an assesment - like a points system. It would be based on criminal background, ability to afford the child, emloyment history etc. If you pass the assessment then you are eligible to claim benefits. If you fail, then you can still have the child but you won't get a free house and all the other stuff the system provides, and the grandparents have to take the family in and cover their costs. It would be aimed at cutting down on the way the system is abused. If a kid gets pregnant and knows there's no benefit in getting pregnant then they won't use it for oersonal gain, plus the grandparents will be more interested in living up their responsibilities as a parent also.

I would want a "Chav Catcher" a la Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, in every town going around offering "Special Brew, Giros, Golden Virginia" to lure the chavs into custody. Get the f**kers off our streets.

Best person for the job system. Doesn't matter where you come from - you can apply for a job. If you are the best applicant then you get the job. You don't need a visa or work permit. The fact you have been deemed best person for the job - then welcome home. If you're too f**ken lazy and stupid to get a job then f**k off to a country that needs you, coz my country doesn't - I'm sure Syria needs to be cleaned up.

9. ThaiCanary

This place is a joke mate, rotten through and through. We think in the UK our politicians are bad, you need to read more about this lot - it is staggering. The police are every bit as bad, if not worse, and the army swear allegiance to a single party, normally the highest bidder.

Thankfully most of the 'action' will be focused in Bangkok, so we should not get to see anything first hand <ok>

10. mustyfrog

u r up north? red shirt territory? I will be in Thailand on a cruise and spending a day in Bangkok in jan next year, dunno if I will even get off the boat

11. ThaiCanary

Yup, this is Red Shirt territory, and the natives are restless. The Shinawatra family are well liked, thanks to Taskin some years ago, and although Yingluck Shinawatra is not a model president of a country, she is very popular across the land, unless of course you are a 'Yellow Shirt' <doh>

12. mustyfrog

bloodshed I feel. I spose most are corrupt over your way but she and her brother seem to have done well out of it

13. ThaiCanary

She has, and can now afford to get some proper English lessons - last time I saw here on TV on some US programme, she seriously embarrassed herself with her English <laugh>

14. MasterOfNone

MasterOfNone Active Member

I will not vote UKIP but understand why people will and probably would think my parents would. While I actually find some sense and can relate to some of what Farage is saying (mainly on the welfare state and how it is being handled rather than the European membership issue), the propaganda coming through my door from his underlings (I'm assuming NF doesn't proof read every flyer going out) is blatant racism and ignorant. Especially ignorant as the guy looking for my vote doesn't know his market and posts his bile through the doors of what is a predominantly British-Bangladeshi community. I can't vote for stupidity.

15. ivoralljack

ivoralljack Well-Known Member

I will vote UKIP in the Euro elections because I feel the "Big 2 + 1 need a kick up the ass. I want us out of the EU and I want stringent controls on immigration. They at least endorse that if not much else.

Unfortunately, UKIP is a bit Mickey Mouse right now but if they could develop the party and its aims and field a higher calibre of candidate, they might in time become a viable alternative. As of now, they are good for a protest vote but that's about it.

16. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

I agree with you Ivor, This party may well and I hope turn into a party that is votable for in a General Election.

This may sound racist but i assure you I am not. But, our little island can not sustain the influx of people from the new countries within the EU. It has to stop. I want Britain to be controled by the British not by politicians who no nothing of our traditions and country.

17. ThaiCanary

I believe all nations should operate in the same way. If they did, this term 'racism' would not be banded about to the extent it is, merely for the reason that you may be slightly against your own country being over-run by immigrants.

18. LIBERTARIAN

LIBERTARIAN Well-Known Member

I very much like the idea of a new Party shaking up the established trio,but I do have reservations about UKIP.

Farage is very good when he's speaking- plausible,earnest in his beliefs,etc.,but there's something tawdry about him.

He's overconfident,and he should give his overcoat to Oxfam.

He looks likes a bloody Bookie in it,and I'm always expecting him to start ticktacking,and giving odds to all and sundry. <laugh>

In addition,he's just about the only UKIP member we see,and I suspect that's because the rest of them are also a tawdry bunch of opportunists.

So,will I vote for them?

Honest answer,at the moment,is I don't know.

19. swanselona

swanselona Well-Known Member

Im voting for them, I am fed up of the way people brandish the term racism with everything that gets said, especially in regards to the open borders we have with the EU. Wonder if these people shouting racism will allow us to open up their homes and let these immigrants sleep there, give them their job, let them eat their food, I am sure if that were to happen they would soon be singing a different tune then, and we can turn around and call those stupid ****ers racist. Its the same principle, just on a larger scale with Britain.

I am not against people coming here if they offer us something, like they operate in Australia, and New Zealand, but to open the borders up to everyone in the EU is ridiculous.

The most important person you have to look after is number 1, if you don't look after yourself, you cant be in a position to look after others. And the same principle applies IMO, look after ourselves first and foremost.

20. Bob the slob

Bob the slob Well-Known Member

Vote how you like and hold whatever opinion you like but please either base your arguments on facts or just say 'I don't like foreigners or Europe' at least that would be honest.
    Some of the stupid attempts at justifying blind hatred are demonstrably untrue (lies or ignorance is up for debate). 5 million Poles in the UK - no (a very large 500,000 but by far the biggest EU group and reducing) 2 million from every country in Eastern Europe (no! 1 country doesn't have that many living there, 3 others would be completely emptied and the others would lose between half and a quarter of their entire countries. Of the countries concerned people who are 'considering' moving are more likely to look to Germany or France than UK.) Savings made from leaving the EU would need to be spent several times over to meet their policy forecasts which would mainly benefit the well off - Farage was a banker, well there's a surprise. And the claims our government / MoD makes about our military being effective and our airforce being one of the most technologically advanced in the World are Zionist plots to allow the Jews take over the planet.
    Also, I don't trust someone who boasts about taking £2,000,000 from the tax payer but not doing what he was elected to do, i.e. represent UK electors in Europe.
    And my prejudice prevents me taking seriously the claim the the EU isn't democratic; 'I didn't vote for them so why should I be ruled by them?' has often been said. Well, I didn't vote for anyone in the Lords' (where our Laws have to pass) nor did anyone else, nor did I vote for the Queen (who has to give consent to UK laws). At least we elect MEPs. if you don't vote don't moan and if you are elected do your job.
    Is EU perfect? Of course not. Could we survive out of Europe? yes, but would we prosper and would ordinary working people be better off? highly unlikely.
    If it is so important for Scotland to stay in the UK why is it not so for the UK to part of Europe?
    So, UKIP may not get my vote.
    I could go on but this is not the place :biggrin: