1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Other Sport

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by Cyclonic, May 29, 2017.

1. Cyclonic

Cyclonic Well Hung Member

According to Autosport, Renault has all but done a deal to have Carlos Sainz desert Toro Rosso and join them. With it comes a release for Toro Rosso to dump their Renault engines. Toro Rosso have not been happy with the Renault plant and by releasing the Toro Rosso driver, Renault have agreed to tear up the existing contract. Toro Rosso will now use Honda engines next season. With Sainz now going to Ranault, Toro Rosso are tipped to call up junior Honda driver Nobuharu Matsushita for 2018.

McLaren will probably dump the Honda power plant and replace it with a Renault next year.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
  2. Cyclonic

This is nothing like the slot car set I had when a kid. The whole thing has turned to bull ****. There's nothing to watch, it just a light show. <laugh>

3. bayernkenny

bayernkenny Well-Known Member

WARNING; sexist/genderist comment to follow.

Has anyone had a gander at the referee in the Hertha Berlin - Werder Bremen Bundesliga match this afternoon? Without doubt she owns the most impressive 'pins' on the pitch!

4. Cyclonic

They don't fart arse about in English football. Just four game in and already a manager gets his marching orders. Crystal Palace's Frank De Boer is now jobless. <yikes>

5. Cyclonic

I've just read a droll comment by football stat man Duncan Alexander. 43 million people have been born since Palace last scored a Premier League goal. <laugh>

Ron likes this.
  6. mallafets123

mallafets123 Well-Known Member

Frank De Boer,
    77 days employed, 4 played, 4 losses, no goals scored. £5m pay off (£65k a day in wages).

7. Cyclonic

Qualifying for the Supercars Sandown 500 today was a bit on the hairy side for 21 year old Todd Hazelwood. A wild 260kph ride into the wall. A car locked up in front of him and took him out. Not long after the accident Todd climbed into another car to take part the Development series.

On the crash he said. "I put my hands on my helmet and tried to relax. When I hit the tyre wall, going up on the tyre wall I thought 'oh my God this is going to be huge." How right he was.

8. bayernkenny

bayernkenny Well-Known Member

Another master class from the ........... !?!?!

9. Cyclonic

Amazing start to the Singapore F1. First corner carnage.

10. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I'll take a job like that. Couldn't do any worse

11. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

<laugh>

12. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I jus got shouted at for mentioning this. My wife and son are watching it but are on catch up because they are watching the football as well.

13. Cyclonic

<laugh>

14. Cyclonic

Maybe you could take the piss and feed them heaps of misinformation. :)

15. Cyclonic

The Final of the 2017 Reno Gold Unlimited Class. The 12 cylinder beasties let rip last Sunday. Going into the race Voodoo had won 3 of the last 4 Reno Golds. It didn't start in the other due to engine problems. All through the week though, Strega had the wood on Voodoo.

16. Cyclonic

Ohh my, the Ben Stokes film is awful. With a game on the Wednesday, what's he doing being out and about at 2:30 on a Monday morning?

Someone described as a friend, told Mailonline. "This guy was verbally abusing two gay men as Ben and Hales were walking past them. Ben can't stand homophobia and being the hot headed ginger he is stepped in and said to the guy, "You can't say that."

Still, to punch a man to the ground, who for all intents and purposes, looked as though he wanted no part in a fight, seems a step too far.

17. Cyclonic

Tomorrow the biggest motor race in Australia will get under way at Mt. Panorama. The Bathurst 1000 guys had a practice day today and the clip below shows the miserable time some of the drivers had to endure. Love this event. :)

18. Cyclonic

I didn't know whether to put this in the Lighten Up - have a laugh section or here. I probably should have gone with the other. Pole dancing, arm wrestling and dodge ball have all been given observer service (what ever the hell that is) by the Global Association of International Sports Federations. I think this means that they are being seen as serious sports. It seems that people organizing these events will be given advice on how to deal with World Anti-Doping Agency rules, and towards receiving the required recognition from national Olympic committees.

What's it all amounting to? Are the Olympic games slowly being turned into some sort of glitzy load of bullshit? I can see it now, synchronized swimming, rhythmic gymnastics, dodge ball, arm wrestling and pole dancing, all taking centre stage on the world, sporting arenas. Ahhh to hell with it, lets go all out and include knitting, yoga, draughts and marbles. Stuff cycling, football, boxing and track and field. Bugger them, we all know they're as boring as bat ****, and are well past they're use by date anyhow.

We should get rid of cycling anyway, the UK win far too many medals for my liking. And we Aussies are starting to feel a bit pissed off about it all.

smokethedeadbadger likes this.
  19. Cyclonic

Sensational game between the Wallabies and the All Blacks.

20. Cyclonic

Anyone watching the U17s. 53m in, Brazil 1 - 2 England.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2017